Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owner Jim Irsay confirmed Sunday night that restricted free agent Victor Cruz is not the wide receiver the Colts are targeting.

"It's not Cruz," Irsay said. Giving up a first-round pick for Cruz, in addition to a top-five wide receiver contract, was never remotely realistic for Indy. Other rumored targets include Seahawks slot man Doug Baldwin and Eagles contract-year wideout Jeremy Maclin, particularly after Philly traded for Arrelious Benn.

Per rotoworld.

-Source, Colts Message Boards

At this point unless Irsay has set himself up for failure, unless he pulls in a megastar wide out he will be slayed by the fans and media. And yes Britt had off the field issues but he seems to be clean now and when he's on the field he has the potential to be the best in the league imo. I highly doubt it happens though.  

I just don't see how Maclin is much of an upgrade at all over what we already have on the roster. Plus I can't see how it would even remotely push us up against the cap.

He has some of the best hands in the league. Catches anything that touches him. He didn't drop one pass all year.

Here is a report of all of Britt's issues: "On April 12, 2011 Britt was arrested in New Jersey on three counts (including a felony) following an alleged car chase with police. The charges were later reduced. On June 7, Britt pled guilty to careless driving and was fined. On June 8, 2012, Britt was arrested in Hoboken, NJ, charged with resisting arrest. On January 13, 2013, Britt's close personal friend was involved in a stabbing, and reportedly drove him to the Jersey City Medical Center. When police attempted to ask Britt about the incident, he was allegedly not willing to cooperate. The incident marks the ninth time Britt was involved with police since he joined the NFL"

He has some of the best hands in the league. Catches anything that touches him. He didn't drop one pass all year.

Well if you base it on the amount of drops almost everyone in the league was better than TY and Avery last year. I just mean I don't see this guy as a break the bank type of player. I think he is good but not great and benefited from playing with Jackson who constantly had coverage rolled his way. It would just depend on compensation I guess but certainly his contract wouldn't put us up against the cap....he can't be demanding more than 4-5 mill.

I kinda got the feeling this was going to be a #1 type receiver for us. Maclin doesn't really equal that.

Whoopers are made out of beef. Beef comes from cows. The Texans mascot is a bull....

We're trading for Andre Johnson,

it depends what country, in europe they are made of horse meat which would be the broncos so maybe its Thomas or Decker lol

Me and you are in the same boat..... My wife just continues to give me the look, I really don't care but I just want this anticipation to end..... I can't put my phone down, going on 23 hours

You guys are lucky. My fiancé stopped talking to me hours ago lol.