Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

I don't mind at all if we make a lesser move (than signing Cruz) or none at all.. I don't understand why a fan of the team would be upset about their owner keeping them updated on the process... he didn't promise anything.. JMO, Its only if the tweeting has a negative effect on negotiations and jeopardizes the deal that would make me mad... I have no real way of knowing (yet) if that is the case, so I'm just happy that there is something going on... (other than drinking and eating cabbage, that is... Happy St. Patricks day, all)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching this thread since it began and was even late for work from going to sleep later than normal.

I just wanna say some of you guys are amazingly hilarious.

Im on the "Get Larry" side and would hate Victor Cruz if we have to give up picks and give him a new contract.

If this post ran a little long I apologize but had to show my Colts Affiliation and my views on this matter.

- EPIC THREAD

Couldnt agree more, some of the posts on here are hilarious!! good to keep it lighthearted with all these deal talks!! 

Im also on the Get Larry side too!

Guys and girls.. Irsays tweet means nothing as heres why: It wasnt Cruz we were going after it was Fitz. Cruz is tendered to 1st round selection, thats it. If we couldve got the money right then we make him (cruz) an offer to which he agrees with and he takes it back to giants. The giants can match and if they dont we lose our first overall pick and cruz signs with us. Thats it. So based on logic of this and seeing as cruz has no agent to discuss deals with us it was Fitz all along and it dies if AZ changes their mind or demands too much

that simple

Guys and girls.. Irsays tweet means nothing as heres why: It wasnt Cruz we were going after it was Fitz. Cruz is tendered to 1st round selection, thats it. If we couldve got the money right then we make him (cruz) an offer to which he agrees with and he takes it back to giants. The giants can match and if they dont we lose our first overall pick and cruz signs with us. Thats it. So based on logic of this and seeing as cruz has no agent to discuss deals with us it was Fitz all along and it dies if AZ changes their mind or demands too much

that simple

it want fitz. no way we could pay him

Ik he try's to keep us in the loop but I wish he didn't act like that until he knew it was done he said it was really really close now looks like we don't get anything kinda annoying really..... But I'm done posting I only have one left till 4:30am ill join you guys later waiting to get approved and having limited posts really isn't cool lol

that simple

The problem with the Giants matching is that they don't really have the money to match if you make a decent offer to Cruz.  So you would either force the Giants to make other cap moves or they would have to let him walk away and take the first round pick.

Again I've yet to see anything legit suggesting the Cardinals are honestly thinking about moving Fitz outside of fan speculation and boarder line journalists just kinda entertaining the rumor so I think they can say hey I was right if just happens to be right and everyone will forget they said it if they are wrong. f

Also I just don't think from the Cardinals point of view moving Fitz just doesn't make any sense.

that simple

Why do you believe it is Fitz?

Why did everyone all of a sudden give up? In the middle of the page, a while after Irsay's last tweet was posted.

I think most people viewed the last tweet from Irsay as more or less saying this trade isn't going down at least right now but we are still looking at options to make moves. 

Like I said earlier what I am taking away from all of this is that the Colts feel like they have a major need for a second WR which I know has been a hot debate amongst Colts fans this off-season in terms of rather that was really a need or not.  If we don't get a trade or free agent signing I would fully expect us to look really hard at WR with our first round pick in the draft.

Meh, got to admit it certainly does have benefits for us, Not sure what the Jags cap situation is like however, Of course I know the trade is a little out there but, thinking outside the box has benefits if it benefits the team and that trade certainly would, we would add another good wr plus be in line for a slew of players to choose from in the draft

It has benefits for the Colts, just none for the Jaguars

It has benefits for the Colts, just none for the Jaguars

It gives them a proven pass rusher, which ya cant get a proven one in the draft, at least an NFL proven pass rusher, Plus the Jags did waste a 3rd rounder on a Punter last year so I wouldn't put it pass them

Meat Loaf easy choice, never understood the fascination with pork chops, not nearly enough meat on them for my liking

Uh what kinda crappy pork chops are you eating?? Ribs maybe not enough meat...pork chops can be as thick as you want. I had some at Patty's down here in Western Kentucky and they have a 2" thick pork chop that you probably can't even finish...and if you do its only because its the most delicious piece of heaven you've ever had.

Uh what kinda crappy pork chops are you eating?? Ribs maybe not enough meat...pork chops can be as thick as you want. I had some at Patty's down here in Western Kentucky and they have a 2" thick pork chop that you probably can't even finish...and if you do its only because its the most delicious piece of heaven you've ever had.

I'd take meatloaf

I'm in the meatloaf camp personally. I don't like anything that comes from a pig...

I think most people viewed the last tweet from Irsay as more or less saying this trade isn't going down at least right now but we are still looking at options to make moves. 

Like I said earlier what I am taking away from all of this is that the Colts feel like they have a major need for a second WR which I know has been a hot debate amongst Colts fans this off-season in terms of rather that was really a need or not.  If we don't get a trade or free agent signing I would fully expect us to look really hard at WR with our first round pick in the draft.

Wouldn't shock me to hear later that Irsay's bragging on Twitter killed the deal.  

As I chow on a BLT...

I guess the question is: How long before Grigson puts Jim in timeout and takes his Twitter away?

Man...a BLT sounds so goooood...nothing would taste better while this thread goes another 10 pages over endless speculation.