Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough mistake on our part but I still don't give us giving up our first rounder for him namely because a guy like him would really blow the cap (he seems to want big money and rightfully so).  He is also pretty much another version of Hilton and Brazil and I don't think the Colts would go into the draft minus both their first and second round picks but stranger things have happened but I have a feeling Cruz's would be cap figure will make it a no go for us. 

He would be a great Colt but not for a 1st rounder and a mega cap hit

Well maybe they are going after Cruz.  I just don't see it but I am clearly not a NFL GM.  That's a big gamble though to give up both your first and second picks in the same draft.  However if they turn them into Cruz and Davis it would be hard to argue that the Colts would have gotten two better players out of the draft with those picks. 

BTW, for everone talking about Irsay saying we're close to the cap, it's important to realize that he said that we're "past the cap cash wise" i.e. cash over the cap.

Cash over the cap is when you've spent more physical dollars in a year than the salary cap.  While bonuses are amortized over multiple years, Cash-over-cap counts all signing bonuses paid out just in the single year (but not previous years).  Since we're paying out a bunch of signing bonuses this year, it's no surprise we're cash-over-cap.

How about one of these;

Eric Decker

Mike Williams TB

Miles Austin

Hakeem Nicks

Kenny Britt

I'd take RG3's Baylor buddy over Britt. Dez Bryant over Austin (Dez could change his attitude & behavior up here in Indy). And no way is Peyton letting Decker go lol

Dan Graham ‏@coltsinsider

#Colts I mentioned last week that a trade was imminent for the #Colts, then I backed off. Now I am telling you that the Salsa may be on Indy

Retweeted by George Bremer

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ Cruz ,T.Y, and Wayne=Lethal

So it sounds like this trade IS going to happen. Floyd makes sense, especially since he's still under his rookie contract.

I don't understand Floyd...

They just released Doucet, and they really have no no.2 Plus I doubt they would give up on him a year after they drafted him in the first round.

#Colts I mentioned last week that a trade was imminent for the #Colts, then I backed off. Now I am telling you that the Salsa may be on Indy

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

Please let this happen.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

Oh boy, its Cruz... But Holy cow giving up our first rounder... with a lack of a 2nd rounder. im scurrrrred.