Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR question

BlueCollarColts

And if Giants had gone into the season planning to start him, it would have been baffling. Instead, he found his way in the team because of injuries and it worked out. What from Griff Whalen have you seen to compare him to Victor Cruz?

just saying, dont underestimate undrafted people.

fact still remains he outperformed what Brazill managed to do all season long, I dont care who wins the job, I give the edge to Whalen do to his familiarity with the system, I'd ideally like to have a tall wr that can go over the middle and make the tough catch in traffic

He didnt outperform anyone cause he never saw the field during the regular season...

this is off topic but makes me think Landrys been with alot of teams as well and has a big personality makes me wonder how he'll fit in with the culture weve built in the locker room pretty sure theve done there homework though just sayin...

Lloyd has problems, but none of them are his hands.    He's got fantastic hands.   Perhaps even top-10 hands.   Seriously.

But,  he's typically a one and done guy with most teams.   Sometimes, two years and out.

But he's been with SF, Denver, St. Louis and NE and I may even be missing a team or two.   All them wanted him to be an important part of their offense.

I think it's more personality than anything else.   But he wears out his welcome incredibly fast.

So,  could the Colts use his raw talent?    You bet.    Do we want him in our locker-room??    Not on your life!

Just my view.....

this is off topic but makes me think Landrys been with alot of teams as well and has a big personality makes me wonder how he'll fit in with the culture weve built in the locker room pretty sure theve done there homework though just sayin...

You know....  I thought that too....

Turns out,  Landry has only been with two other teams before the Colts.

Washington,  which drafted him.   And then the NY Jets.    I thought it was more.   But, I was wrong.

So,  Indy is stop #3 for LeRon.    Not as bad as we first thought....

ok, no offense, but I really don't care what Whalen did in the pre-season, pre-seaon means absolutely nothing, and 11 catches for 186 yards and a TD in 15 games for a receiver who played no more than 10 snaps per game, sometimes not even 5, is pretty darn good, do not use pre-season production as an indicator of how good a player will be, because it is a really bad way to tell if a player is good or not

i thought people learned this lesson after painters good rookie year preseason and were saying things like cut Sorgi for him and he could be the bridge starter between Peyton and a new QB. You are 100% right you can't compare preseason numbers to regular season numbers.