Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who To Start

CR91

If BJG is injured and if Romeo Crennel zooms in on Gronkowski with double coverage hoping their man corner Brandon Flowers shuts down Wes Welker with single coverage, I may stand a chance. We will see.

Like I said, you'll win. I think that Arenas and Flowers may switch back and forth on Welker, but I still expect a great night from Welker. 90 yards + 1 TD. After reading a couple of articles and posts, I've changed my prediction on BJE, he'll get 2.2 points, and Gronkowski will get 60 yards 0 tds. Gostkowski will get 6, probably 7 maybe 8 points.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping... lol

Sorry that you did not get your 19 pts with Welker and BJG.

I went with Welker in one league vs Gronk, BJG, and Gostkowski. Safe to say what happened.

In another league, with a 16 pt. lead, went against Wes Welker and Gostkowski, won barely by just over 3 and fractional points.

I will take the split :) as opposed to 0-2 that I thought I will end up with.

This week I have another big game against the new division leader since I knocked off the old one last weekend. My starting lineup is

Drew Brees

Arian Foster

DeMarco Murray

Mike Williams TB

Larry Fitzgerald

Vincent Jackson

Jason Witten

Jets D/ST

David Akers

vs.

Aaron Rodgers

Michael Turner

Danny Woodhead

Dwayne Bowe

Marques Colston

Torrey Smith

Owen Daniels

Ravens D/ST

Dan Bailey

I'm projected to win by 26...but I have a few tough decisions to make. Do I start Adrian Peterson if he attempts to play? Andre Johnson should be back this week, but his first game in 7 weeks with Matt Lienart, do I start him? I'm trying to pick up Kevin Smith but I highly doubt I'm going to get him. I think I might start BenJarvus Green-Ellis because he plays the Eagles this week. Thoughts?

This week I have another big game against the new division leader since I knocked off the old one last weekend. My starting lineup is

Drew Brees

Arian Foster

DeMarco Murray

Mike Williams TB

Larry Fitzgerald

Vincent Jackson

Jason Witten

Jets D/ST

David Akers

vs.

Aaron Rodgers

Michael Turner

Danny Woodhead

Dwayne Bowe

Marques Colston

Torrey Smith

Owen Daniels

Ravens D/ST

Dan Bailey

I'm projected to win by 26...but I have a few tough decisions to make. Do I start Adrian Peterson if he attempts to play? Andre Johnson should be back this week, but his first game in 7 weeks with Matt Lienart, do I start him? I'm trying to pick up Kevin Smith but I highly doubt I'm going to get him. I think I might start BenJarvus Green-Ellis because he plays the Eagles this week. Thoughts?

ap is always a must start. smith should do well vs the packers so should bge. dont make the same mistake i made with fitz vs the eagles :(. play andre

ap is always a must start. smith should do well vs the packers so should bge. dont make the same mistake i made with fitz vs the eagles :(. play andre

Ok so I can bench Mike Williams and play Adrian Peterson or Andre Johnson. Or I could bench Vincent Jackson and play Andre, or I could bench DeMarco Murray and Mike Williams and play Adrian Peterson, Andre Johnson and Vincent Jackson but I'm not sure I want to bench DeMarco. Adrian is doubtful for the game anyways so I probably won't have to think too hard when they rule him out.

Ok so I can bench Mike Williams and play Adrian Peterson or Andre Johnson. Or I could bench Vincent Jackson and play Andre, or I could bench DeMarco Murray and Mike Williams and play Adrian Peterson, Andre Johnson and Vincent Jackson but I'm not sure I want to bench DeMarco. Adrian is doubtful for the game anyways so I probably won't have to think too hard when they rule him out.

I hate benching Cowboys players on thanksgiving day, something about thanksgiving that produces numbers from them when they have anywhere close to a decent QB. Vincent Jackson is the enigma to me. He will be guarded by Champ Bailey of the Broncos and if you have paid attention to the Broncos games recently, the #2 wideout always goes off. It was Reggie Wayne vs Darrent Williams (RIP) in 2006 opposite Marvin Harrison, Austin Collie vs Perrish Cox in 2010 opposite Reggie Wayne, Malcolm Floyd vs Goodman (I think) of the Broncos opposite VJax in the earlier Chargers Broncos game.

Check the status of Vincent Brown and Malcolm Floyd, if both are active, you can afford to sit Vincent Jackson and play the others. Famous last words :).

I've picked up Brandon Lafell this week, he's agianst the Colts, more specifically Kevin Thomas. I expect a great game from him. Like 7 catches for 89 yards and a touchdown. I think he's good.

HERE'S MY QUESTION:

Who should I start this week, I CAN ONLY PICK 2:

Ray Rice vs SF

Lesean McCoy vs NE

Demarco Murray vs Mia

I've picked up Brandon Lafell this week, he's agianst the Colts, more specifically Kevin Thomas. I expect a great game from him. Like 7 catches for 89 yards and a touchdown. I think he's good.

HERE'S MY QUESTION:

Who should I start this week, I CAN ONLY PICK 2:

Ray Rice vs SF

Lesean McCoy vs NE

Demarco Murray vs Mia

If Vick starts, heck yeah, McCoy indeed over Murray since Murray does not catch much and people have to worry about Vick's speed over VY's and hence if VY starts, they can focus more on McCoy. If in doubt, go with Rice & McCoy since Murray does not get you TD points, he gets more yards based pts and Rice & McCoy get the TD based pts more often.

If Vick starts, heck yeah, McCoy indeed over Murray since Murray does not catch much and people have to worry about Vick's speed over VY's and hence if VY starts, they can focus more on McCoy. If in doubt, go with Rice & McCoy since Murray does not get you TD points, he gets more yards based pts and Rice & McCoy get the TD based pts more often.

Murray catches quite a bit, gets like 40 yards of receiving each game (at least).

Wow, no one put in a waiver claim for Kevin Smith or Nate Washington and I got them with the last waiver order in the league lol! So can I trust either of them over Andre Johnson, Vincent Jackson or DeMarco Murray? I'm thinking Kevin Smith may be a better start over Andre Johnson because I see Smith in the 10-20 point range while Andre probably won't see as many snaps as he usually does. Thoughts?

Wow, no one put in a waiver claim for Kevin Smith or Nate Washington and I got them with the last waiver order in the league lol! So can I trust either of them over Andre Johnson, Vincent Jackson or DeMarco Murray? I'm thinking Kevin Smith may be a better start over Andre Johnson because I see Smith in the 10-20 point range while Andre probably won't see as many snaps as he usually does. Thoughts?

Washington is highly unreliable. Thats; why he's still a FA in my league.

OK, MJD, Beanie Wells, Reggie Bush, DeMarco Murray and Kevin Smith for RBs - I need to start 3.

I am going with MJD, Beanie Wells and Kevin Smith.

Reggie Bush - there is only so much I can rely on his goal line carries since his yards are dwindling with carries to Daniel Thomas. DeMarco Murray - second game in a row, his FB Tony Fiametta is not going to be there. His production was affected in the Redskins game because of that, IMO and against a stout Miami D, he will miss his FB again.

Any other thoughts???

I'd go with Kevin Smith over Andre Johnson like your gut says to. Jags are after all not that bad vs the pass, they are a top 5 D vs the pass, to be honest. Running more is still the way to beat the Jags.

OK, MJD, Beanie Wells, Reggie Bush, DeMarco Murray and Kevin Smith for RBs - I need to start 3.

I am going with MJD, Beanie Wells and Kevin Smith.

Reggie Bush - there is only so much I can rely on his goal line carries since his yards are dwindling with carries to Daniel Thomas. DeMarco Murray - second game in a row, his FB Tony Fiametta is not going to be there. His production was affected in the Redskins game because of that, IMO and against a stout Miami D, he will miss his FB again.

Any other thoughts???

Bump, any thoughts if I should stick with who I am going with???

Johnson is playing this week though isn't he?

Probably won't do much as Kubiak said he won't play his usual 70 snaps which means he won't get many looks especially with Lienart in. Actually, he'll probably go off for 8 catches 175 yards and 2 TDs.

well K Smith is on the bench..... lol

Those things happen. Willis McGahee got injured during a game, so did Beanie Wells, Arian Foster missed games or played at half the fitness level, Bradshaw is missing games now, Peyton Hillis missed games, Jahvid Best has missed games now - so anyone who had the others have experienced the same at some point just like a Kevin Smith owner today. Hey, I am a professed Kevin Smith owner myself and I played him today. FF is a team game anyway.

We all are invested so much in our FF lineups that we think those things happen exclusively to us because our world is just us and our FF team :). We take it personal and want to get back at an FF manager for trash talking and hope your team can do the talking. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You just have to let the dust settle a bit.

Along these lines, Beanie Wells or Andre Johnson for FLEX in one of my leagues? I am leaning towards AJ. What do you think?

I like Beanie, without Schaub that passing game goes down. Plus Beanie is against the Rams, who suck against the run.