Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possibly Trade Jerry Hughes for 2nd & 5th round draft spots?

Jerry Hughs Trade Bait?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Is possible, should we trade J.Hughes for 2nd & 5th round pick?

• Trade Him
    • Keep Him, make him earn his keep

The best we can hope for is that JH improves enough to function as a "decent" OLB.  We drafted him to rush the passer as a 4-3 DE which he failed at miserably.  He seemed to do better last year as a pure rushing OLB.  With Mathis being the only other name on our roster who I feel confident in this capacity I think the best thing for us to do is keep him around until 2015.  What did he have...4 sacks last year?  Something like that?

if we can get 2 and 5-----definitely

JERRY HUGHES

2010 1ST ROUND DRAFT (PICK #31) BY THE INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

x336.jpg

Im not sure what the clauses, or stipulations are in Jerry Hughes contract, but he's a former 1st rounder. Having been on the roster for 3 years now, he obviously is not bound to any ERFA (Exclusive Rights Free Agent) regulations, or the like, and will become an unrestricted free agent in 2015. I'm watching, very closely, looking at the caliber/type of players that Grigson is signing, and i have to say that im starting to lose faith in what J.Hughes can provide for "our" team. Hughes spent most of his career, having conditioned himself as D.Freeney "style" of player. He was picked up to replace Freeney, but looking at Walden, and Sidbury, Hughes may find himself on the bench for another 3 years. What i'd like to know from you guys thinking in the realm of possibilities, but taking a realistic view of Jerry Hughes current value after signing these new free agents,....could we possibly trade Hughes for a 2nd round, and a 5th round pick?

The question was, if possible. If possible we find a trade partner, we should trade.

:thmup: ....Thank you!!! For being one of the few people that actually read and understands, the original posting. It's all based on his former 1st round status. I didn't put a value on him, i merely asked if it was conceiveable, possible....

Original premise of the thread is flawed beceause there ia literally no GM who would give up that much for Hughes. Pure folly. A 5th rounder alone is a huge stretch. He has NO trade value. Further, though the descripion above is not close to an accurate description of Hughes. He is just simply not a 3-4 DE. That is not close to what he is. Maybe you ment a 4-3 DE? But then that is off base because he proved to be a failure as a 4-3 DE.

I meant 4-3, trying to change over to the new 3-4 defense. Im simply trying to determine his trade value, if this was actually possible...

I meant 4-3, trying to change over to the new 3-4 defense. Im simply trying to determine his trade value, if this was actually possible...

Have you seen enough in this thread to know that he has no trade value. Teams do not give up draft picks for guys like Hughes.