Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are We done ? how much cap space is left?

I doubt we are totally done, I'm sure they have to pick up some backups.  But the big names are done.

I think we need a rookie receiver in the first round.  

Would like a vet. to be backup QB.  Would love to get Fitzpatrick as a backup, but he might want too much money and might not be interested in a team where he can't compete for the starting job.  

We are at $101 mil. prior to RJF, look at this link for cap hits for 2013 and the totals at the bottom:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/cap-hit/

Note: RJF's, Donald Thomas', Butler's contract is not included, every other signing is

Holy smokes, we are still paying Gary Brackett $4.8 mil. in dead cap?????

I can't see us still being 22 mil. under the cap. I don't think they have all the numbers just yet and I also have a hard time believing that Cherilus' cap hit is only 2 mil for this season.

Edit: Didn't notice you had added in more.

I doubt we are totally done, I'm sure they have to pick up some backups.  But the big names are done.

I think we need a rookie receiver in the first round.  

Would like a vet. to be backup QB.  Would love to get Fitzpatrick as a backup, but he might want too much money and might not be interested in a team where he can't compete for the starting job.  

I agree we are not done  i disagree on 1st pick we could really upgrade defense  and i could see us get mingo OLB from ive seen a few mocks having him fall to us  and we can use it cuz im not really sold on erik walden  i think we could sign i guy like rex grossmen or charlie batch

I agree we are not done  i disagree on 1st pick we could really upgrade defense  and i could see us get mingo OLB from ive seen a few mocks having him fall to us  and we can use it cuz im not really sold on erik walden  i think we could sign i guy like rex grossmen or charlie batch

I would have preferred that if we had not signed Walden for so much money.  But the money we gave to Walden is certainly not money you give to a backup player.  

If they are planning on starting Walden, that leaves no room for a rookie in his place.  And I don't think we should grab a rookie in the first round and not start him.  

Quite honestly I'll wait til the team starts playing to judge this signing because I hold out the belief that Grig's knows what he's doing and has a good plan.  But honestly I still have trouble seeing the logic of the Walden signing.  

All of the other signings have some logic to them that we can clearly see there is just a concern that these players might be hurt a lot.  But PFF rated all those signings as logical. But with Walden, I havn't found anyone who can explain the sense of that signing to me and PFF is just as confused as we are on it.  

(For the record I don't think of PFF as some sort of football gods, but I think they probably have the most logical way of rating players that is free from emotion and bias.)

I don't think that we need anymore wideouts.  We have penty of good ones.  A great qb can make an average receiver look great.  I've  believe that luck is going to be that good especially if our line is good.  not that i'm comparing the 2 but thats what peyton did all those years.  not to say guys like reggie or marvin weren't already great but there were plenty that ended up looking great.  luck will be that good.  As for backup qb i'd like to see fitzpatrick or if he hasn't signed with anyone yet brady quinn.

Still believe we'll go with Harnish as our backup. Also believe it's apparent that Grigson doesn't believe another receiver is nearly as much of a need as many fans do. I think we'll add another guard before were done.

Or maybe he's fallen in love with a receiver in the draft...

We got Wayne, Hilton, and whose our number 2? cause hilton is best in the slot obviously or wayne; that leaves Brazill...so we do need to pick up a wide out although our TE's are strong...we really need to get vollmer off free agency above all, because the last thing we need is Luck to get hurt (although he might be the sturdiest quarterback in the entire league) but our defense is good except our line, cause we got good LB's (hoping walden lives up to the contract) and good secondary ( butler will come into his own; just look at last year's stats, davis; whose proven himself, then bethea; no brainer and landry; a bone crushing no brainer) i honestly think the smartest thing we can do in the draft is get Stepfan Taylor- Running Back from Stanford, he knows Luck, Fleener, and our Offensive Coordinator...i really hope we draft him, and that means gettin rid of brown or moving ballard to full back and putting brown in to split carries with Taylor to eventually backing up him...I really really want Taylor, he knows our main guys and coaches and will bust his butt for the OC as well as Luck lol 

We got Wayne, Hilton, and whose our number 2? cause hilton is best in the slot obviously or wayne; that leaves Brazill...so we do need to pick up a wide out although our TE's are strong...we really need to get vollmer off free agency above all, because the last thing we need is Luck to get hurt (although he might be the sturdiest quarterback in the entire league) but our defense is good except our line, cause we got good LB's (hoping walden lives up to the contract) and good secondary ( butler will come into his own; just look at last year's stats, davis; whose proven himself, then bethea; no brainer and landry; a bone crushing no brainer) i honestly think the smartest thing we can do in the draft is get Stepfan Taylor- Running Back from Stanford, he knows Luck, Fleener, and our Offensive Coordinator...i really hope we draft him, and that means gettin rid of brown or moving ballard to full back and putting brown in to split carries with Taylor to eventually backing up him...I really really want Taylor, he knows our main guys and coaches and will bust his butt for the OC as well as Luck lol 

Wow, where to start??? I'll just keep it short, Why would we sign another OT? Vollmer is a RT and we just spent a ton of money on a new RT. Then we have Castanzo and he's going nowhere. So where do you put Vollmer? 

Wow, where to start??? I'll just keep it short, Why would we sign another OT? Vollmer is a RT and we just spent a ton of money on a new RT. Then we have Castanzo and he's going nowhere. So where do you put Vollmer?

kickoff and punt returns.. thinking outside the box

true but move gosder to center because idk how much you know about the colts and Castonzo* but he needs to stay on that left side bc he's got a mean right hook and put vollmer at RT, which means Samson would be a guard and at 6'3'' hes more the size for a guard and beens we got ballard (a power back) fits good for samson to be his size at his height beens we pass the ball almost 50 x's a game and we dont really need a pulling guard just a movin the sled type of guy and hes fast enough to pull but as much as we run the ball its not like he'll get to exhausted

true but move gosder to center because idk how much you know about the colts and Castonzo* but he needs to stay on that left side bc he's got a mean right hook and put vollmer at RT, which means Samson would be a guard and at 6'3'' hes more the size for a guard and beens we got ballard (a power back) fits good for samson to be his size at his height beens we pass the ball almost 50 x's a game and we dont really need a pulling guard just a movin the sled type of guy and hes fast enough to pull but as much as we run the ball its not like he'll get to exhausted

you want to put a guy at center that has never played center?

Whens the last time you recall seeing a 6'7 center?

That has got to be one of the worst idea's ever, Sorry, but Cherilus is not a center, never has been and never will be. We didn't sign a RT to a 37 million dollar contract to move him to a position he's never played and not built to play. That would be a disaster. Satele at guard in our system is a horrible idea too. He's not strong enough to play center so he certainly won't be a good guard. 

kickoff and punt returns.. thinking outside the box

wow. Thinking with a lack of common sense.  We definantly dont need to spend anymore money o out O-line outside of the Draft. Especially pay a starter his money so he can handle our kickoffs. Now that im writing this i realize you were joking. oops. It sure seems we got a thing for Stanford. Chase Thomas would be a good addition, too. Shayne Skov will be a 1st rd MLB next year. I think, though, that we should just ride out the contracts of brown and ......  i mean, if stephan is avail in the 4th, maybe.

lol satele is fast enough to play guard look at his speed, and anything will be better than last year, i was just spit ballin, 3 all pros are better than 2 dont matter where you put em as long as its not a left tackle moving anywhere but to the right tackle spot in our case, bc like i said castonzo has a nasty right hook for all them ends trying to run around him, AND Gosder HAS played 5 or 6 games his first starts in college snapping the ball to matty ice lol cause im a die hard notre dame fan and they were talkin about it during ryans first year cause they said he hadn't allowed a sack in them games lol and it doesn't matter bc Luck is almost 6'5'' and throws the ball over his head and vollmer is the best free agent at any position and he's willing to settle on his contract especially for young up in coming team that has the mentality of veterans even though they only have 3 players that have 10+ years of experience lol and ones our kicker lol

and what do you do as a center, you stand and block like tackle lol so by saying that about satele is just ignorant man, bc at a guard, especially one whose a pulling guard, you have them big rhino legs chugging for power so its not only footwork and upperbody strength in a stand still motion, you're building up inertia or power as you're running lol 

and what do you do as a center, you stand and block like tackle lol so by saying that about satele is just ignorant man, bc at a guard, especially one whose a pulling guard, you have them big rhino legs chugging for power so its not only footwork and upperbody strength in a stand still motion, you're building up inertia or power as you're running lol 

Listen man, I have been watching football for over 30 yrs. I played it and I've coached it. The center is usually your weakest lineman and the guards are usually the strongest. Satele struggled badly last yr. with his ability to handle d-lineman in a man blocking scheme. Move him to guard and he's going to get thrown around like a rag doll. Our blocking scheme is not about being fast, it's about being stout and blocking your opponent one on one and being able to overpower them. If want to believe that the Colts are even entertaining the idea of moving Satele to guard or Chelilus to center, then be my guest, but I will guarantee you that they will do neither.

i understand where you're coming from but im not just any other guy who thinks they know football lol i actually do, just like i said we shoudl've restructured tommy z's deal and made him a linebacker, and defiantly shouldn't of signed walden but hopefully grigson has done his homework and knows something that noone else does, and if he works out put robert back on the line bc thats our weakest spot, and if anything if mathis was gettin double teamed, have zibby start blitzing in or freeman or even angerer, you zibby for the speed rush, and then rotate bc zibby can cover TE's all day! and he can tackle the % out of them, and dont say zibby is too small bc he's a boxer, he loses and gains 20-40 lbs everytime he goes to get into fighting shape or back into football shape lol and hes got strength to do it too lol especially blitzing, with his strong haymakers and hooks along with great foot work cause in boxing you step into the punch kind of like deacon jones (d end for the rams) used to, freeney wouldve been more effective in his later years when he began to slow up once his spin wasn't as effective as it once was

i understand where you're coming from but im not just any other guy who thinks they know football lol i actually do, just like i said we shoudl've restructured tommy z's deal and made him a linebacker, and defiantly shouldn't of signed walden but hopefully grigson has done his homework and knows something that noone else does, and if he works out put robert back on the line bc thats our weakest spot, and if anything if mathis was gettin double teamed, have zibby start blitzing in or freeman or even angerer, you zibby for the speed rush, and then rotate bc zibby can cover TE's all day! and he can tackle the % out of them, and dont say zibby is too small bc he's a boxer, he loses and gains 20-40 lbs everytime he goes to get into fighting shape or back into football shape lol and hes got strength to do it too lol especially blitzing, with his strong haymakers and hooks along with great foot work cause in boxing you step into the punch kind of like deacon jones (d end for the rams) used to, freeney wouldve been more effective in his later years when he began to slow up once his spin wasn't as effective as it once was

Zibby as a linebacker? you are kidding right?

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 21, 2013 - all bold
Hidden by Nadine, March 21, 2013 - all bold

trust me! i could've told you zibby wasn't good enough to play safety! he knows how to put on the right kind of weight and he could easily play linebacker! youre asking me if im kidding just tells me you do not know enough about football and or zbikowski lol and @ balzer you obviously wasn't that good of a coach cause EVERYONE knows the strongest lineman are the tackles lol granted the weakest are the centers i agree there, which is why i said a pulling guard lol bc what do centers need? strong legs and quick hands (ill elaborate to snap the ball quick and to keep the nose guard or dt from blowing passed them; which they need to have the right footwork, henceforth  required in run blocking,and for our big back system and passing attack lol i mean i knew once you said gosder wouldn't make a good center because of his height you did not know a whole lot, lol goes to show you 30 years of watching it doesn't allow you to know learn especially if you haven't done a background profile on the guys were talkin about or watched them in college lol because if you did, you would've known satele played most of last year hurt and what games he did play bc he only played 11 games last year (SMH) and being stout and one on one?? uhh whats the center supposed to do then (depending on what defense your playing and the blocking assignments, which you can double team a guy lmao)..and what did you coach; pop warner? im going into the physics, health perspective, the history and physicality of play for backing points and all you guys are saying are usually this and you think he could do that lol and you're insinuating that im on drugs lol. its crazy it really is, when you guys think you know football, i mean i tried being nice and not pointing fingers, but come the F#$& on! 

In an NFL 3-4 2-gap defense...zbikowski as a LB?  No.  He might even be too small for Dungy to have considered for WLB in the tampa 2 he used to run here.

trust me! i could've told you zibby wasn't good enough to play safety! he knows how to put on the right kind of weight and he could easily play linebacker! youre asking me if im kidding just tells me you do not know enough about football and or zbikowski lol and @ balzer you obviously wasn't that good of a coach cause EVERYONE knows the strongest lineman are the tackles lol granted the weakest are the centers i agree there, which is why i said a pulling guard lol bc what do centers need? strong legs and quick hands (ill elaborate to snap the ball quick and to keep the nose guard or dt from blowing passed them; which they need to have the right footwork, henceforth  required in run blocking,and for our big back system and passing attack lol i mean i knew once you said gosder wouldn't make a good center because of his height you did not know a whole lot, lol goes to show you 30 years of watching it doesn't allow you to know learn especially if you haven't done a background profile on the guys were talkin about or watched them in college lol because if you did, you would've known satele played most of last year hurt and what games he did play bc he only played 11 games last year (SMH) and being stout and one on one?? uhh whats the center supposed to do then (depending on what defense your playing and the blocking assignments, which you can double team a guy lmao)..and what did you coach; pop warner? im going into the physics, health perspective, the history and physicality of play for backing points and all you guys are saying are usually this and you think he could do that lol and you're insinuating that im on drugs lol. its crazy it really is, when you guys think you know football, i mean i tried being nice and not pointing fingers, but come the F#$& on! 

All you have to do is look at the body types of the OT's, OG's and OC's around the league and you'll see:

OTs are typically taller, leaner and more athletic than the other linemen

OG's are typically shorter, bulkier and stronger 

OC's are typically shorter and leaner than OG's

so the strongest guys are the guards because they're going against the opposing team's defensive tackles while the offensive tackles are more athletic in order to handle the athletic edge rushers.  Centers often times do not have a pre-set blocking assignment and rather they get their blocking assignment once the offense lines up..that's why you hear a lot of QB's call out who the MIKE is on the defense...that's not necessarily pointing out who the actual middle linebacker is, it's giving the OC and the RB's their blocking assignments.  Typically an OC is used to either block a LB one on one or is used to help double team a DT.  

Ok, After this I just won't be responding to you anymore, you have already proved to me and everyone that has read your first few posts here that you have no idea what you are talking about. You can keep pretending to know what you obviously don't but nobody is going to take you seriously. I guarantee you that I knew more about football when I was 13 than you do now. So have a nice time proving how little you know about football and the people here that actually do know what they're talking about will sit back and have a good laugh.

All you have to do is look at the body types of the OT's, OG's and OC's around the league and you'll see:

OTs are typically taller, leaner and more athletic than the other linemen

OG's are typically shorter, bulkier and stronger 

OC's are typically shorter and leaner than OG's

so the strongest guys are the guards because they're going against the opposing team's defensive tackles while the offensive tackles are more athletic in order to handle the athletic edge rushers.  Centers often times do not have a pre-set blocking assignment and rather they get their blocking assignment once the offense lines up..that's why you hear a lot of QB's call out who the MIKE is on the defense...that's not necessarily pointing out who the actual middle linebacker is, it's giving the OC and the RB's their blocking assignments.  Typically an OC is used to either block a LB one on one or is used to help double team a DT.  

I always get a kick out of guys that show up here pretending to know so much and then prove that they know very little with every post they make. Funny stuff.

trust me! i could've told you zibby wasn't good enough to play safety! he knows how to put on the right kind of weight and he could easily play linebacker! youre asking me if im kidding just tells me you do not know enough about football and or zbikowski lol and @ balzer you obviously wasn't that good of a coach cause EVERYONE knows the strongest lineman are the tackles lol granted the weakest are the centers i agree there, which is why i said a pulling guard lol bc what do centers need? strong legs and quick hands (ill elaborate to snap the ball quick and to keep the nose guard or dt from blowing passed them; which they need to have the right footwork, henceforth required in run blocking,and for our big back system and passing attack lol i mean i knew once you said gosder wouldn't make a good center because of his height you did not know a whole lot, lol goes to show you 30 years of watching it doesn't allow you to know learn especially if you haven't done a background profile on the guys were talkin about or watched them in college lol because if you did, you would've known satele played most of last year hurt and what games he did play bc he only played 11 games last year (SMH) and being stout and one on one?? uhh whats the center supposed to do then (depending on what defense your playing and the blocking assignments, which you can double team a guy lmao)..and what did you coach; pop warner? im going into the physics, health perspective, the history and physicality of play for backing points and all you guys are saying are usually this and you think he could do that lol and you're insinuating that im on drugs lol. its crazy it really is, when you guys think you know football, i mean i tried being nice and not pointing fingers, but come the F#$& on!

i am an absolute notre dame homer. i watched every play zibby played in college, and loved him. No way he could put on fifty pounds and play linebacker. completely absurd

You know what might be the greatest line in the history of advertising???

"You don't get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression."

It's about as true as true can get.

Now take that line and apply it to this thread....................         :facepalm:

I know we all want to be nice to the new guy and we've all made posts we've regretted......     but....

Someone is digging themselves a deep hole and every time they try to climb out,  the whole just gets deeper and deeper....

Wow......    :slaphead:

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 21, 2013 - profanity
Hidden by Nadine, March 21, 2013 - profanity

ok first off zibby was 193 for fighting weight, then got back up to 225 , so theres 32lbs he put on right there, just to play safety lol ( EASILY COULD'VE PUT ON 10-15 more lbs to become a linebacker, but he wasn't going out for linebacker..he was asked to play safety, and he most defiantly would've been a LB in dungy's tampa you *, do you not remember david thornton( all pro, pro bowler as well)? 6'2'' 225 lbs! lol Zibby 5'11'' 220 lol DUUUUMBA##) secondly, ANYONE except you *s (apparently) would want a bigger Tackle and an Athletic guard! look at tarik glenn 6'5'' 325lbs; hes a tackle for all you football fanatics out there! and Jake Scott 6'5'' 295lbs -A GUARD lol how many years did they lead the league in the least amount of sacks allowed? lol he wasn't athletic by any means, he was a big physical tackle, and just MANHANDLED them "athletic edge rushers" down LIKE A BOSS! while Scott didnt allow a sack for what 22 games or something crazy like that? thats why he got straight paid by tennessee lol!  Thirdly, when did i ever say a center had a pre set blocking assignment given to him in the hundle? no % the qb and him communicate to each other, well qb to center then center to the rest of the oline...and OC is offensive coordinator lol not Offense center you *! theres only one position that has center in it and thats on the offense line, thats it just offense! lmao..and lastly if you're such a notre dame fan, its not called HOMER you pathetic bandwagon fan...its DOMER you trashy poser, because of the golden dome, thats why we never have anything on our helmets (except for the shamrock series games, which is once a year bc you were more than likely not aware of that) to represent the golden dome lol hence the name golden domers lmao really its like all of you guys came in here and read 3 of these *' posts and was like yulp that must be how football is played bc its 3 guys saying the same thing and only one disagreeing lol thats why our society is filled with *s! hey you guys the raiders called and said they need a new management staff and wanted you guys to fill them open spots..have fun drafting a kicker in the 1st round come next month! really after that theres no need to say anything, i think we know who knows more about football now and who backed up their case with a ton of examples lol ohh and i think the new guy just put them old *s in their place lmao sorry guys! 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 21, 2013 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 21, 2013 - quoting removed post

ok first off zibby was 193 for fighting weight, then got back up to 225 , so theres 32lbs he put on right there, just to play safety lol ( EASILY COULD'VE PUT ON 10-15 more lbs to become a linebacker, but he wasn't going out for linebacker..he was asked to play safety, and he most defiantly would've been a LB in dungy's tampa you *, do you not remember david thornton( all pro, pro bowler as well)? 6'2'' 225 lbs! lol Zibby 5'11'' 220 lol DUUUUMBA##) secondly, ANYONE except you . (apparently) would want a bigger Tackle and an Athletic guard! look at tarik glenn 6'5'' 325lbs; hes a tackle for all you football fanatics out there! and Jake Scott 6'5'' 295lbs -A GUARD lol how many years did they lead the league in the least amount of sacks allowed? lol he wasn't athletic by any means, he was a big physical tackle, and just MANHANDLED them "athletic edge rushers" down LIKE A BOSS! while Scott didnt allow a sack for what 22 games or something crazy like that? thats why he got straight paid by tennessee lol! Thirdly, when did i ever say a center had a pre set blocking assignment given to him in the hundle? no % the qb and him communicate to each other, well qb to center then center to the rest of the oline...and OC is offensive coordinator lol not Offense center you *! theres only one position that has center in it and thats on the offense line, thats it just offense! lmao..and lastly if you're such a notre dame fan, its not called HOMER you pathetic bandwagon fan...its DOMER you trashy poser, because of the golden dome, thats why we never have anything on our helmets (except for the shamrock series games, which is once a year bc you were more than likely not aware of that) to represent the golden dome lol hence the name golden domers lmao really its like all of you guys came in here and read 3 of these *' posts and was like yulp that must be how football is played bc its 3 guys saying the same thing and only one disagreeing lol thats why our society is filled with .! hey you guys the raiders called and said they need a new management staff and wanted you guys to fill them open spots..have fun drafting a kicker in the 1st round come next month! really after that theres no need to say anything, i think we know who knows more about football now and who backed up their case with a ton of examples lol ohh and i think the new guy just put them old . in their place lmao sorry guys!

Paragraphs man.

Ok, After this I just won't be responding to you anymore, you have already proved to me and everyone that has read your first few posts here that you have no idea what you are talking about. You can keep pretending to know what you obviously don't but nobody is going to take you seriously. I guarantee you that I knew more about football when I was 13 than you do now. So have a nice time proving how little you know about football and the people here that actually do know what they're talking about will sit back and have a good laugh.

LOL

Paragraphs man.

Paragraphs and comas and periods.    Sentences would be nice.

To say nothing of the fact that Zibby didnt' play safety at 220-225.

For most of his career he was between 200-210.

Someone called for a Drug Test earlier....   might not be a bad idea....