Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Underclassmen

I have been wondering what impact the new CBA will have on underclassmen coming out for the draft. In the past, many of the top prospects would evaluate where they would be drafted and whether or not staying in college would cost them significant dollars. With the rookie cap in place, will more of the top prospects choose to remain in college to learn and be more likely to start from day 1 in the NFL?

I have been wondering what impact the new CBA will have on underclassmen coming out for the draft. In the past, many of the top prospects would evaluate where they would be drafted and whether or not staying in college would cost them significant dollars. With the rookie cap in place, will more of the top prospects choose to remain in college to learn and be more likely to start from day 1 in the NFL?

Really, I don't think it will make as big of a difference as people think. Take Bradford for example. He passed the guaranteed #1 pick for a degree. So did Locker, and Luck. There are 2 kinds of prospects: Those who want a degree, and those who are eager to head to the NFL.