Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Underclassmen

I have been wondering what impact the new CBA will have on underclassmen coming out for the draft. In the past, many of the top prospects would evaluate where they would be drafted and whether or not staying in college would cost them significant dollars. With the rookie cap in place, will more of the top prospects choose to remain in college to learn and be more likely to start from day 1 in the NFL?

I have been wondering what impact the new CBA will have on underclassmen coming out for the draft. In the past, many of the top prospects would evaluate where they would be drafted and whether or not staying in college would cost them significant dollars. With the rookie cap in place, will more of the top prospects choose to remain in college to learn and be more likely to start from day 1 in the NFL?

Really, I don't think it will make as big of a difference as people think. Take Bradford for example. He passed the guaranteed #1 pick for a degree. So did Locker, and Luck. There are 2 kinds of prospects: Those who want a degree, and those who are eager to head to the NFL.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yeah keeping an Elite QB on the sideline is key, so great point. I think when we were up 24-14, Frank was probably thinking keep the foot on the gas and go for the kill. We go up 31-14 and the game is over. Maybe he went about it wrong but Fisher getting blown up on that fumble was a shock, nobody seen that coming. You just can't turn it over against the better teams and win. Our D isn't good enough against QB's like Brady when the O turns it over. The Hines fumble may be the key play of the whole game when you single out 1 play, that gave them 7 points. I love Hines and think he is similar to what the Chargers had with Sproles but that play was costly. 
    • Besides, Wentz makes the final call at the line, after seeing the Defense. When they were stacked, he passed. Soon as they switched out, it sounds like he audibled to a run.   (I heard the game on the radio. I didn’t see it on tv)
    • well to be fair, i doubt many coaches trust their defense when up against tom brady lol.     but here's the thing...what's the one strategy that teams have tried to employ, and have had the most success with against guys like Brady, Manning and Mahomes?  play ball control and keep that QB on the sidelines.  and when your team's biggest strength is the run blocking of it's OL and TEs and their best skill player and only player currently in the conversation for MVP is their RB, it becomes all the more obvious.     I will say this though..I would absolutely love to see this team with Gary Kubiak calling the plays on offense.  he knew how to utilize the run game, play action and boot legs (something we see very little of even though Wentz is very mobile).
    • We'll be fine. Take care of business vs the Texans, go into the bye 7-6 and let the AFC battle between themselves.  
    • I hate to keep bringing this up but in Reich's 1st year as coach we went 10-6 and won a playoff game with Luck. Had Luck been our QB since then I am certain Frank would have had 11 or 12 wins every season since then and we would've been an elite team, maybe even a SB champ or close. It didn't happen so I won't dwell on it but that is my opinion.
  • Members