Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wonder if Brandon Stokley would come back to Indy?

oldunclemark

Posted March 13, 2013, 1:40 pm MT

Wes Welker trade to Broncos: “It would be a great move,” Stokley says

By Mike Klis

The Denver Post

Brandon Stokley was the Broncos’ incumbent slot receiver, at least until his contract expired with the start of free agency Tuesday. He was told about the Broncos’ interest in Wes Welker, who is considered the NFL’s top slot man after averaging 112 catches in his six seasons with the New England Patriots.

Welker, a free agent, and the Pats reportedly are at a stalemate in contract negotiations and the Broncos are among the teams in play.

“I think it would be a great move if (the Broncos) got him,” Stokley said. “I think he would be a great fit here.”

Wait a minute. Stokley does realize Welker would beaking his spot?

“I know that,” Stokley said. “I’m just talking about production. Look at what he’s done the last six years. I’ve always thought he was underrated. You see these other receivers out there getting big money, I think Wes deserves what some of these guys are getting.”

Stokley caught 45 passes for 544 yards and five touchdowns from his good friend Peyton Manning last year while making $925,000. But at 36, Stokley was turned loose to free agency. Welker is 31 and finished second in the league 118 catches last season. He is expected to command an $8 million-a-year contract.

“I’m fine with whatever happens with my situation, at this point,” Stokley said. “If last year was my last ride, with the kind of year we had as a team, I’d be happy with that. But you never what will happen. I might keep playing elsewhere. I’m just going to continue to stay in shape and wait to see if someone calls. If they do, I’ll be ready.”

Maybe we can call this lady.....she was pretty spunky.....

Wheres-the-Beef1.jpg

Where's the beef?  Where is Lawrence Welk....?  Show is over....Stokely and Pops...and Biletnikkoff just high fived...,,,Stokey did a slant to the bathroom....and said...Where are the Depends?   :lol:

Indy may go with 2 TE formation more often than ever. As far as Fleener is healthy they will want him a 2nd rounder and Luck's go-to guy to shine in the slot. For Stokley I can see him play as backup at Denver for a yr before retiring, especially if they can get him a SB ring.