Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyrann Mathieu says he will play angry

yes yes yes. I would love to get Tyrann, I think he could be a great steal in this draft and with the discipline/training from Pags he could become something very special. 3rd round though? He's back up that high? I was reading 4th/5th. To be completely honest though, I would have no problem with drafting him with our 3rd.

yes yes yes. I would love to get Tyrann, I think he could be a great steal in this draft and with the discipline/training from Pags he could become something very special. 3rd round though? He's back up that high? I was reading 4th/5th. To be completely honest though, I would have no problem with drafting him with our 3rd.

If you saw his hands at the combine, we'd be lucky to see him for our 3rd round pick.

I did and he was a straight monster but I don't think hands are the reason for that. I honestly think he'd be a late first/early second rounder if it wasn't for his "off-field issues" which really aren't bad. If we traded back or even just used our 3rd round pick we have now, I would be ecstatic to get Mathieu. 

Oh please no. . . We've already got our safety, I don't buy into him at CB.  

He's only worth a 6th rounder to me.  You can probably get a decent starting guard or maybe a good backup OT in the 3rd round.  

Both of those things I see as bigger needs then a DB who's not big enough to cover as a CB on the outside, has some off the field issues and who's one big attribute is that he hits people really hard and causes fumbles and the ball to dislodge.  

Yeah, just heard him with a panel on NFL AM just now and he mentioned twice, answering off-field issues, how whatever team gets him should have a plan that keeps him out of "harms way".

He obviously isn't mature enough, if he's still looking to other people to shield him from things that he knows he can't do on his own.

I'm hoping the Colts stay far away from this guy.

Yeah, just heard him with a panel on NFL AM just now and he mentioned twice, answering off-field issues, how whatever team gets him should have a plan that keeps him out of "harms way

He obviously isn't mature enough, if he's still looking to other people to shield him from things that he knows he can't do on his own.

Yeah, just heard him with a panel on NFL AM just now and he mentioned twice, answering off-field issues, how whatever team gets him should have a plan that keeps him out of "harms way"

Yep dont need 5 year olds who rely on moma dady to keep them in line! Its called grow up and be accountable for yourself. Seems he is not there yet.

I did and he was a straight monster but I don't think hands are the reason for that. I honestly think he'd be a late first/early second rounder if it wasn't for his "off-field issues" which really aren't bad. If we traded back or even just used our 3rd round pick we have now, I would be ecstatic to get Mathieu. 

There's almost no chance he'd ever be that high of a pick, even if he was a choir boy off the field.

Why?

He's too small.   5'9" and 186.   Too small to be a corner,  he's more of a pure nickel back.   And he's not consistant as a DB.  Most of his hi-lite plays are either special teams, or blitzing the QB, or forcing a fumble.   The kind of plays a safety would make.  But he's too small for a safety.

Don't get me wrong.   He's a talented kid.   And he can help teams win.   But he's never been thought of as someone who would get drafted that high.

As for Mathieu and the Colts...   I don't see it happening.    Way too many off the field issues.   Doubt Pagano and Grigson would feel like they could truly trust him....

Just my view of things....

Yeah, just heard him with a panel on NFL AM just now and he mentioned twice, answering off-field issues, how whatever team gets him should have a plan that keeps him out of "harms way".

He really said that? Wow