Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR Help - Why Not CRUZ

3 wrs i would not mind

1- Danario Alexander

2- Brandon Gibson

3- Ramses Barden

Any would be good wr in a rotation with brazil.

I think Gibson is seeing a LOT of teams right now, which means his price tag is probably going up because there are several teams interested.

Barden is big, and seems to be more of a TE, IMO.  And, if there was something there, I'd figure the Giants would've done a better job kicking the tires.

Danario could be a good one, not sure where he's been as far as FA though.  

EDIT: Danario is RFA, but I am reading it is a low one so no draft pick moves if we were to extend an offer.  Only other consideration here is how well his knees hold up.  He's been pretty banged up for a 24 year old.

Really? I did not know that. To what do you attribute that to? Is it "Offensive philosophy" or just can't land the blue chip recruits?

Gotcha.

With Corners,  it's because we often can't land the blue chip recruits.    Although that appears to be slowly changing in the last few years.   They're on campus now.

With Wide Receivers,  well,  we do get some Blue Chip recruits.   But in the last number of years the few we landed just didn't pan out for a variety of reason.   Injuries for Owusu. (now at Tampa Bay)   Another player didn't work hard enough.   Apparently he was so much better in HS than everyone else that it took him 3 years of college to realize that the competition was dramatically better and that he had to step up his game not only on Saturday's, but in every practice as well.    That if he wasn't working hard enough,  the two Whalen's, who are not related,  but were both walk-ons  (Ryan now at Cincinnati, Griff is a Colt)  would easily out work them and they did.   And finally, only at Stanford, one of our top WR recruits simply wasn't that interested in football.   He used football in HS to get a scholarship to Stanford.   But once he got to campus, he was more interested in being a student than he was a football player.

And since Stanford is not a 'factory'  we don't pull scholarships from under achievers,  so the kid did nothing for 4-years except play a little special teams.   But, he was a heckuva student!

Sorry.   That was probably MUCH MORE than you really wanted to know!