Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign S Stevie Brown

pizza guy

He might also make the squad for Special Teams. Seems that he's been a good special teams player.

That's definitely something we could use. I could only imagine how bad it would've been this year thus far with already bad spectial teams if they didn't have the new kickoff rules. Can't hurt to throw him in on ST and see how he is.

Stevie grew up and went to hs in my home town, hes about 3 yrs younger than me, hes a good kid with rediculous speed and he can tackle he definately would help our sp teams.

Wow I just checked his wiki page...yeah he went to East. I went to North but I graduated in '95 so yeah...wouldn't have known him. lol

**side note, my best friend was telling me the other day that East currently has a player who's being talked about as possibly the #1 recruit coming into college next year. Wish I could remember the guy's name. I'll have to give my friend a call and find out.

We have no evidence at the professional level that he's better than Brown. If you say pre-season, you deserve a thread to yourself where you get laughed at the entire time.

Preseason he was good, sure. But he played well enough to earn a roster spot. That is what preseason is for. To find out who is best for the TEAM. You can't say the team isn't based on preseason because it IS. You can't just bring 75 people into a camp and after a day cut it down to 53. Brown never got off the ground, and Evans has all the potential in the world. This was the dumbest decision I've seen in a while.

I cannot believe we cut Evans. He is good on ST and hes a better runner than Brown. Bill Polian, go * yourself.

Darren was signed to the PS one day after he was released from the active roster. Doesn't mean he's gone. They also brought in the Stevie Brown in to help out with the Bullitt situation. Never been a big fan od Bullitt, IMO he's a backup at best. I respect what he's done for the Colts but I feel by next year he will have been replaced.

Darren was signed to the PS one day after he was released from the active roster. Doesn't mean he's gone. They also brought in the Stevie Brown in to help out with the Bullitt situation. Never been a big fan od Bullitt, IMO he's a backup at best. I respect what he's done for the Colts but I feel by next year he will have been replaced.

Again, I rest my case about Mark Barron.

Again, I rest my case about Mark Barron.

I've been all about Barron too, but don't be surprised if a different safety is taken early. If we do go safety in an early round and he's still projected as a 1st or 2nd round pick then I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Polian go after TJ McDonald. Yeah he's a FS like Bethea but I have a hard time believing that one of them couldn't make the switch to SS. Plus, McDonald will have spent 2 years learning our defense from Monte Kiffin at USC....yeah a vanilla version of the defense but our defense none the less so the learning curve from USC to the Colts would be far less difficult.

:)

Bout time the Colts started picking up players that are going to be good for the future... Jason Wyrick I went to highschool with Stevie, he is a beast of a runner... He was amazing at Michigan... He will b a great player for the colts I feel like, as they have hardly anyone for speical teams.

Wow I just checked his wiki page...yeah he went to East. I went to North but I graduated in '95 so yeah...wouldn't have known him. lol

**side note, my best friend was telling me the other day that East currently has a player who's being talked about as possibly the #1 recruit coming into college next year. Wish I could remember the guy's name. I'll have to give my friend a call and find out.

I went to north the same time Stevie did.. He's an animal.. The kid your talking about at east highschool is Gunner Kiel he's the quarterback for east right now.. Kid is serious..

Preseason he was good, sure. But he played well enough to earn a roster spot. That is what preseason is for. To find out who is best for the TEAM. You can't say the team isn't based on preseason because it IS. You can't just bring 75 people into a camp and after a day cut it down to 53. Brown never got off the ground, and Evans has all the potential in the world. This was the dumbest decision I've seen in a while.

I'm just glad you don't run the team.

I've been all about Barron too, but don't be surprised if a different safety is taken early. If we do go safety in an early round and he's still projected as a 1st or 2nd round pick then I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Polian go after TJ McDonald. Yeah he's a FS like Bethea but I have a hard time believing that one of them couldn't make the switch to SS. Plus, McDonald will have spent 2 years learning our defense from Monte Kiffin at USC....yeah a vanilla version of the defense but our defense none the less so the learning curve from USC to the Colts would be far less difficult.

:)

Man, you are all about this getting guys from USC and getting Derek Moye just as I am with Vontaze Burfict.

Man, you are all about this getting guys from USC and getting Derek Moye just as I am with Vontaze Burfict.

Yeah I am definitely high on Moye. Not so much because I think we have to draft a WR but because I think he'll be an absolute steal if he winds up in the 7th, or even 6th round, like he's currently being projected.

I really like Vontaze Burfict too, but in all honesty I think I'd go with Manti Te'o instead. Te'o is simply a better fit for our scheme, imo.

And the USC guys, it just makes sense. If we need a position and we're looking at 2 guys, all other things being equal it just makes sense to take the one from USC since they're already going to have a good familiarity with our defense.

I will say though I have changed my mind about TJ McDonald...even though it would make sense from the "he'd know our system" perspective, I love what I've seen in Harrison Smith of Notre Dame. This guy is John Lynch reincarnated. When watching the Notre Dame games, I couldn't not know who he was at the end...they kept calling his name over and over because he was making that many plays. He would be a great addition to play next to Bethea.

Yea I went to north as well but knew him from elementary, Gunner Kiel is the qb from east thats a top prospect, his uncle is blair.

Whoops missed mr moneys post, its like a regular columbus reunion in here

Yea I went to north as well but knew him from elementary, Gunner Kiel is the qb from east thats a top prospect, his uncle is blair.

Whoops missed mr moneys post, its like a regular columbus reunion in here

I'm tempted to head down and try to catch a game to see Gunner play....but at the same time I'm still getting used to the fact that I'm around the age (34) when players start retiring. Just the thought of 10 years from watching him play on tv and being the guy saying "yeah I went and saw him play when he was in high school"....I'm not ready for that yet. lol