Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predictions For Game Against Pittsburgh

Jason_

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Ben is actually the kind of QB where stunting will work vs the Steelers' O-line, IMO. The same stunts that do not work vs other opponents actually works better vs Big Ben. I remember Ron Meeks, of all folks, stunting a lot in the second half to put pressure on Big Ben in the 2008 game that Manning and the Colts won 24-20. If Coyer watches some tape from that game, he can get creative with a better D-line up front that we have now than in 2008, IMO.

Big Ben is actually the kind of QB where stunting will work vs the Steelers' O-line, IMO. The same stunts that do not work vs other opponents actually works better vs Big Ben. I remember Ron Meeks, of all folks, stunting a lot in the second half to put pressure on Big Ben in the 2008 game that Manning and the Colts won 24-20. If Coyer watches some tape from that game, he can get creative with a better D-line up front that we have now than in 2008, IMO.

I am quickly losing all faith in Coyer's ability to be creative at all. Seems like he's just going thru the motions.

I predict embarassment on national television. I love my colts but let's face it people, are small scared to tackle D will show up. We have problems with this team when Peyton is on all cylinders. What do you think is going to happen this Sunday? Guys I hate that when we lose but hey top 10 pick next year and a healthy manning hopefully :number1:

I'd like to sedn soem extra pressure (a linebacker or two) against Ben R. on 2nd and 3rd down because he's not mobile and cant run away from it.

Pitt has offensive line problems, too...

///I'd go back to the no-huddle...

..we are not a walk up and play, team...we have to up the tempo.

we have to do wild things..like running the 'Wildcat' with Donalnd Brown!!

(Maybe not that wild)

I'd like to sedn soem extra pressure (a linebacker or two) against Ben R. on 2nd and 3rd down because he's not mobile and cant run away from it.

Pitt has offensive line problems, too...

///I'd go back to the no-huddle...

..we are not a walk up and play, team...we have to up the tempo.

we have to do wild things..like running the 'Wildcat' with Donalnd Brown!!

(Maybe not that wild)

We can keep it close for awhile maybe a quarter. then i think we go down big. just hope collins survives. i predict a painter sighting. our denfensive coach does relize pittsburghs line is one the worst. hint! hint!.

Collins goes down in 1Q with a sore elbow and Painter comes in to throw for 350 yards and 4 TDs ... defense is impressed and they hold Steelers to 12 pts.

Wow! I'm going to mouse over as fast as my fingers will let me and pick up Painter for my fantasy team QB! If he's not already taken that is. Ditto the Indy defense. :cute:

Steelers 34 Colts 17

Better front 7 that we will have issues running the ball against, and our passing game is not sharp enough yet to take advantage of the Steelers secondary completely.

Unless we send more than 4 rushers consistently, Big Ben will either get out of the pocket or pick apart our secondary. That is my prediction.

I agree we need to convert 3rd downs if we even want to think about getting 17 points, these guys are not the browns, we arent going to be running on them.

I am just losing faith in the playcalls and the people in charge of cuts.

Jay I have never been a fan of our defensive play calling, even back to the dreadful Ron Meeks days. Never the less I hope Colts management takes a long hard look at this season and makes some changes. First bring in a rookie QB in the draft to sit and watch Manning for 3 years and take over in smooth transition like Aron Rogers did.

Whew...I don't even want to begin to speculate on this game. It just doesn't look good. We have been dismal against Houston and Cleveland....don't think it's going to improve against the Steelers who ALWAYS play us tough even if Manning were in there. We will mightily struggle and probably get our butts whooped!

I say put McAfee on all duties..let him play QB, Punter, Kicker, and even throw him in the defense somewhere perhaps at MLB :huthut: In this scenario we might be able to put up more points because McAfee can kick from anywhere he feels like it, and/or we might be able to hold the Steelers to less points because McAfee will tackle and he is bound to get in the minds of so many of the players with his superior positional flexibility all over the field :)

I wish we had KELLEN MOORE right about now....!

Hey guys, Steelers fan here.

First off, this was one of those games on the schedule we had circled in the off-season and was quivering in our black and gold boots. At Indianapolis, on the fast track, Sunday night, Peyton Manning, weak secondary. It wasn't looking too good but at the same time, it was going to be a good test to get on track against pass heavy offense's like Indy and Houston (back to back weeks on the road for us.)

Unfortunately, this matchup isn't what it was intended to be without Manning in the lineup and I feel for you guys. This could of been a good one with Manning on under center.

With that said, I would NOT, without a shadow of a doubt, be surprised to see Pittsburgh sleeping here and play down to the competition, something we are KNOWN for. We have a very pathetic offensive line and very suspect tackles on the edges, Jonathan Scott and rookie Marcus Gilbert. This worries me, especially with Ben nursing a knee injury. If we can't get our running game going, then I see Freeney and Mathis getting atleast 4-5 sacks on a banged up Roethlisberger and when our offense isn't tight, we look B-A-D. On the flip-side, we have the speed and potential on offense for the turf.

In 2009, I've seen the Pittsburgh Steelers lose 5 straight to the worst teams in the league so trust me, you guys have a chance on National Television.

My prediction!!

Before entering Lucas Oil Stadium, I will drink many beers, eat some fried turkey, drink more beer, play cornhole, jello shots and then try and pack everything back into the vehicle like it was. I guarantee somebody will have a chips on there lap, cooler and some other items that they didn't have on the way there all the while cussing about it on the way home. Love Sunday night games!!! Almost forgot, hangover Monday morning witch leads to a really bad day.

Same for me. Cornhole tournament at 2 on Sunday at my local sports bar. I will be drinking some beer until kickoff and playing bags. Then I will call my ride to come pick me up from the bar before kickoff so that I can sulk before we start our 31-10 loss lol

Same for me. Cornhole tournament at 2 on Sunday at my local sports bar. I will be drinking some beer until kickoff and playing bags. Then I will call my ride to come pick me up from the bar before kickoff so that I can sulk before we start our 31-10 loss lol

We are going to score TEN whole points? That is a WIN in my book. Where the heck is your mind? :cheer:

Prior to the season, I was hoping the Steelers would get Manning this week as an early test to how they may stack up this season. Then, we had the Raven debacle and now I have to admit I am relieved that Manning won't be carving us up this weekend.

Our team has not got its stride yet. Will they this week? Who knows. I do know this though, Collins did not look as bad against the Browns as I thought he would. The timing with the receivers is coming and I expect him to start clicking a little better with this offense. I simply hope it is in week 4.

I also thought your back seven on defense showed some weaknesses against the Browns. Your young linebackers can play a little too aggressive at times and run themselves into trouble. Your coverage is a little soft as well.

Hopefully our patchwork line can keep Ben held together long enough to take advantage of that. I think this will be closer than the 14-point spread. While the Colts are not the Colts of old, until the Steelers raise their level of play, this is not a Super Bowl caliber team either.

Here is to both teams coming out of this injury free.

Prior to the season, I was hoping the Steelers would get Manning this week as an early test to how they may stack up this season. Then, we had the Raven debacle and now I have to admit I am relieved that Manning won't be carving us up this weekend.

Our team has not got its stride yet. Will they this week? Who knows. I do know this though, Collins did not look as bad against the Browns as I thought he would. The timing with the receivers is coming and I expect him to start clicking a little better with this offense. I simply hope it is in week 4.

I also thought your back seven on defense showed some weaknesses against the Browns. Your young linebackers can play a little too aggressive at times and run themselves into trouble. Your coverage is a little soft as well.

Hopefully our patchwork line can keep Ben held together long enough to take advantage of that. I think this will be closer than the 14-point spread. While the Colts are not the Colts of old, until the Steelers raise their level of play, this is not a Super Bowl caliber team either.

Here is to both teams coming out of this injury free.

haha a Steelers fan not wanting to play the best QB in the game with a shaky secondary. Who would have seen that coming!

Manning in the lineup, I could see the Colts offense hanging atleast 20 points on the Steelers. Without Manning, I'm thinking 13 at absolute best. The Steelers are still struggling with their red-zone offense so nothing leads me to believe that they can punch it in inside the 20. We had MULTIPLE opportunities to score 38+ points against the hapless Seahawks and we failed to do so (one on a goal-line stand. another inside the 5 and Polamalu dropped a pick 6.)

That said, I have it 27-7 Pittsburgh.

To say that in a Colts forum is so wrong on so many levels.....lol

I could not resist. It is not like the Steelers like the Pats. Remember, during Spygate, they clipped us twice in the AFC Championship game and guys that played stated they were calling out our defensive calls at the line.

So, not exactly a Brady fan.

But, it was too easy. :td: