Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With Recent Signings, where do we go in the Draft?

I would be fine with Hunter as long as we trade back. He's not a first round talent and certainly not BPA at 24. Walterfootball has him rated as the fifth best WR in this draft. Personally I think trading back is the best thing to do in this draft.

Hunter is definitely a first round talent. He had a bit of a down year coming off a knee injury....physically he had been compared to AJ Green

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hunter is definitely a first round talent. He had a bit of a down year coming off a knee injury....physically he had been compared to AJ Green

I agree completely. I was at the Tenn/South Carolina game this past fall and he looked very impressive. He looked real smooth and like a natural talent. He looked as if he was jogging and everyone else was full sprint. I'd be very happy to sign him, whether at 24 or trade back and get him. I personally like him over his teammate Patterson.

I would love to get Hunter. And then go OG or OLB in round 3. Can you imagine the possession receiver in Wayne, quick slot in TY, our young stud TE's,  and then add the stretch the field receiver with a 6'4, 4.40 Hunter?! Luck and Hamilton would be some happy people with that personnel 

First Rd we should go olb I have no intention on seeing walden start.. I even hear we MIGHT (key word might) trade our 1st for victor cruz. rd3 we should go center or LG rd4 WR and rd5 CB because 3/5 of our dbs are injury prone.. 

Trading for Cruz, IMO is a bad ideal. We would have to give up a first and outbid the football giants for him...doesnt sound like a fair trade. And Walden while i was against this, after reading up on him, he has a lot of potential. And can set the edge pretty good. I would like to see what he has tbh

true but you cant tell me you wouldn't want to see victor in indy, we are in dying need of a GOOD wr

Trading for Cruz, IMO is a bad ideal. We would have to give up a first and outbid the football giants for him...doesnt sound like a fair trade. And Walden while i was against this, after reading up on him, he has a lot of potential. And can set the edge pretty good. I would like to see what he has tbh

I would love to get Hunter. And then go OG or OLB in round 3. Can you imagine the possession receiver in Wayne, quick slot in TY, our young stud TE's,  and then add the stretch the field receiver with a 6'4, 4.40 Hunter?! Luck and Hamilton would be some happy people with that personnel 

Any chance he could make it to the 3rd round?

Seems like rookie wr's take to long to adjust to the NFL. If you want production CB is the way to go in the first Round! Seems like rookie CB's make the adjustment quicker. TY was an exception to the rule only because of his speed. If Trufant is there at 24 there is no way you can pass that talent up! He will be a shut down corner & perennial Pro Bowler! Tell me who else will be there at 24 who will have a bigger impact right off the bat??? Bunch of projects that's who!

Where do we go in the Draft?

Anywhere we want to go,  that's where! 

A very nice spot to be in......     :thmup:

Right now nobody knows our priorities. We sign Toler, but Trufant is a strong option. We sign Landry, but Cyprien is a strong option also. Walden's contract very well might be a BIG smokescreen (all that "I'm a starter" stuff). It is difficult to trade ahead of Colts now.

I think we should trade # 24 to niners for  pick 34  and 31 of second round 

2 pick of second round    DE Datone Jones   

31st pick in 2 second round   WR Deandre Hopkins 

24th pick of 3rd round   G   Kyle Long 

24th of 4th round   OLB Sean Porter

The  needs on the team is LG, WR,ILB,CB. Cooper and Warmack will be gone which leaves WR as the biggest need. I don't think T.Y is a #2 WR probably a great #3 WR and Wayne could have a drop off just as Steve Smith did after his breakout year. This is one of the best WR class that i can remember with Patterson,Allen,Hunter,Austin, and Hopkins all 1st round talent. With defense addressed in Free agency i think we will draft Allen or Hunter in the 1st round.