Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With Recent Signings, where do we go in the Draft?

For me none of this changes what Im looking at in the draft

olb

corner (Sorry folks Im not about to crown Toler a #2 just because he had 90 tackles through 14 games in 2010 along with only 2 picks and 8 pass defensed)

Guard

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't trust USC players sorry lol

I can't stand USC, but this is silly unless you're talking QB.

Brian Cushing

Clay Matthews

Ryan Kalil

Matt Kalil

Polamalu

What other school has 5 pro bowl quality guys?

Outside linebacker. I would be surprised if they went with anything other than a defensive player with the first pick. None the less, if an offensive player that is too good to pass up falls you have to take a shot.

Can football season please start a little sooner this year?!? Pretty please.

man i feel ya. I freakin love football!!!!!!!!!!!!! we trade down and get two #2 picks. st. louiis has two 2nd rounders and i think miami does too. Man, suddenly our secondary is solid! Im going crazy with this Landry and Toler Pick-ups! and re-signing Butler! WOW! Plus Vontae?! Oh God I cant wait for september. I think we should, since our secondary is so taken care of now, go after OLB Jamie Collins and 3-4 DE Margus Hunt.

Grigson's done what he said he was gonna do, areas where experience is needed o-line, safety ,cb out of free agency someone said the colts drafting someone out of the draft that from what the tape shows is very explosive in stopping the run dang i cant remember his name lol

We still have a glaring need at OG since Im not sold on Donald Thomas just yet. So I hope we land either Chance Warmack or Johnathon Cooper if they drop a bit.

If not a stud OG, then a BPA scenario at DL, OLB, WR, or CB.

Definitely need a guard just not a fan of spending a first.

even with a possible RJF signing i wouldnt rule out DE... Pagano knows the D starts up front, and we have no depth there....also Redding last year was battling injuries all season long, is getting older and is on his last year...we can be looking for his replaclement in this draft.

one guy i keep mentioning is Hankins, but other posters have mentioned short, Jesse Williams etc.

imo, any position is a possibility. i dont think Grigson has ruled out OLB, DE, CB, ILB, OG....maybe OT has been ruled out and S, but thats about it.

my darkhorse pick is ILB...Ogletree maybe?

For me none of this changes what Im looking at in the draft

olb

corner (Sorry folks Im not about to crown Toler a #2 just because he had 90 tackles through 14 games in 2010 along with only 2 picks and 8 pass defensed)

Guard

What do his stats from three seasons ago have to do with his ability to play corner?

Keep in mind that a DE in our 3-4 scheme is mainly a lane clogging tackle machine. Those guys can often be had later in the draft because they are usually not athletic freaks. I think that given the teams in front of us there will be several options at OLB, CB, or NT. Here are a few that come to mind:

Bjoern Werner (OLB) - Mingo will be gone.

Damontre Moore (OLB)

Alex Oka for (OLB)

Desmond Trufant (CB). - Expect Xavier Jones to be gone but both could be taken as many teams need CB help.

Johnathan Hankins (NT)

Sheldon Richardson (DE) for 3-4

BarrettJones(C/G)

There are a bunch of good receivers to be had in round 3.

OG: Donald Thomas isn't solving our Guard problem alone and since we missed the opportunity on Vasquez we still need at least 1 other Guard who can start.

OT: We signed Cherilous but still have no depth behind him and Castonzo. Linkenbach can play Tackle but wasn't very good, we should pick some promising talent in the mid - late rounds

CB: Greg Toler ist a nice pickup IF HEALTHY. And his health and durability is my biggest concern about him. We still need a potential starter at Corner with one of our early picks

WR: We need to sign another WR since we only have projects behind Wayne and Hilton. WR signed 6'6 WR Jeremy Kelley but still could use another bigger WR

DT: Josh Chapman is a question mark, McKinnie ended on IR last year, we could use a giant NT

If we sign Ricky tomorrow, where do we go in the draft, Alot of us had us taking a Cb or a Dl player at 24. Like I said, if we get Ricky, will we still take a Dl player to fill the middle or where do we go. I think our secondary is set really. To me we still need oline help and at least 1 wr. What do you guys think we will do or who do you have us taking now 

OL and Depth.....quality depth

I still want Trufant.  Wow what a secondary that would make folks!  You know someone will go down to injury (not necessarily season ending) at some point in the season.  Lets do this!

#1 cb - Davis

#2 cb - Trufant

Nickel - Toler

Dime - Butler

I still want Trufant.  Wow what a secondary that would make folks!  You know someone will go down to injury (not necessarily season ending) at some point in the season.  Lets do this!

#1 cb - Davis

#2 cb - Trufant

Nickel - Toler

Dime - Butler

It never stops

1. Trade for 2,3,6 (AZ, SF, Bills, Dallas) AZ or Dallas = Barkley SF = Short, Williams, Hankins, Jones DL Bills = Barkley, Nassib or Gleenon.

:throwback:

2. Warford G, Hopkins WR, Fluker G,

3. Frederick G, Bostic LB, Watson OT

3. Lemonier LB, Slay CB, Schwenke C/G, Winters G

4. Harper WR, Wreh-Wilson CB, Swearinger FS, Washington LB

6. Geathers NT, Thomas SS, Hurst RT, 

6. Wagner RT, Evans FS, Bell RB

7. Motta SS, Wood RB, Cummings CB

Justin Hunter is who we will take. Underrated impact WR who will be the clear number 1 for years after reggie leaves. We need that big WR.

I would be fine with Hunter as long as we trade back. He's not a first round talent and certainly not BPA at 24. Walterfootball has him rated as the fifth best WR in this draft. Personally I think trading back is the best thing to do in this draft.

They have Patterson rated as the best wr. If anyone watched Tennessee play or looked at stats they would see that Hunter was just as good as Patterson. He had more TDs more yards. Does it matter really if we take him at 24 or later if he plays like he will? Can't trade too far back anyway or someone will snatch him. Grigs took Ty in the third. Would u have spent a 24th pick on him knowing the production ur getting?