Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With Recent Signings, where do we go in the Draft?

If we sign Ricky tomorrow, where do we go in the draft, Alot of us had us taking a Cb or a Dl player at 24. Like I said, if we get Ricky, will we still take a Dl player to fill the middle or where do we go. I think our secondary is set really. To me we still need oline help and at least 1 wr. What do you guys think we will do or who do you have us taking now 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no clue anymore. I would be shocked if we got a DB in the 1st round now.

I would almost like to trade back and get a 2nd round+3rd/4th pick. If we don't trade however and we do get RJF, I see us getting an OG(hopefully Cooper falls) or OLB, I don't want to imagine that Walden is really going to be our starter there...even though we paid him like one  :facepalm: . 

IF I had to take a WR I would take Justin Hunter

I can't argue that. The more I think about it the more I like the idea of trading down to early 2nd round. That way get an extra pick or 2 to grab a WR and still think we need a guard for the OL

Watch Grigs do something crazy and Draft a kicker in the first round..... LOL I'm done guessing what he wants to do, I thought we would go and get Levitre or Vasquez but I'm liking how he's doing things, I'm just gonna take things as they come and trust in our GM and our crazy owner

I do have a fascination with Tavon Austin though, I know it's unrealistic cause T.Y. Is the same type of player but I was very interested in Vick Ballard, Fleener, and Dwyane Allen last year and I surprised when we took so many offensive players and the ones I liked, but I'm done guessing

I can't argue that. The more I think about it the more I like the idea of trading down to early 2nd round. That way get an extra pick or 2 to grab a WR and still think we need a guard for the OL

That's why I've suggested before that if they traded down I would like to see them getting Robert Woods and Kyle Long in the 2nd and 3rd. Both would come in and make some impact next year.

is it safe to compare damontre moore's style of play to aldon smiths

No. Smith is a crazy athlete who can only pass rush. Moore is better than his 4.94 40, but he isn't a great athlete, and he is much better against the run. He would be a nice fit in the role that Walden is apparently in.

Assuming we sign RJF (which is no safe assumption) we still need an OG...

other than that... we could use an outside receiver, you can never have too many pass rushers as well...

we could use a depth guy at corner (instead of having to play Vaughn if there is an injury or as a dime guy) but I don't think we should use a 1st round pick on one, unless a great prospect falls to us

looking at the various big boards, it looks like the best prospects to make it down to us are going to be on either the OL or the DL...

I hope other teams make a silly run at skill positions and 3QBs and 2RBs are chosen before we get to pick... I trust our scouts to ignore the pre draft hype and get the best guys for the team...

We can definitely go to a more well-rounded BPA approach. That said, I still think DE, OLB, WR, and the interior OL will get more weight than the rest of the spots on our roster. Fortunately, we're not really forced to go in any direction we don't want to, so we should be able to maximize the value of the pick.

That's why I've suggested before that if they traded down I would like to see them getting Robert Woods and Kyle Long in the 2nd and 3rd. Both would come in and make some impact next year.

I would be all for it. I see WR as a need in a pass happy league. We have Wayne and Hilton, not much promise after that. I like Brazil but I don't believe he is a full time #3 yet

Ok just for the sake of the thread...... this is my LAST PREDICTION of the off-season.

24th overall pick: Mingo (LSU) or we trade up to get Chance Warmack (Bama)

That's it, I'm done now lol

I have thought about the possibility with Grigs being a go getter in the draft that we could move up to get one of the guards.

I would be all for it. I see WR as a need in a pass happy league. We have Wayne and Hilton, not much promise after that. I like Brazil but I don't believe he is a full time #3 yet

Don't forget about Allen and Fleener. TEs play a big receiving role in our offense. I'm just thinking about grooming someone for Reggie's spot.

Then grab Hopkins (Clemson). Great Hands, Good Routes, & Physical

I think Woods is better than Hopkins and much better value. And would really prefer trading back now because there is a lot of good WR talent in the 2nd and 3rd.

Outside linebacker. I would be surprised if they went with anything other than a defensive player with the first pick. None the less, if an offensive player that is too good to pass up falls you have to take a shot.

Can football season please start a little sooner this year?!? Pretty please.

Im leaning with OLB or Oline...I also wouldnt rule out trading back and getting 2 draft picks. With the depth this draft has in Wr, Dline, and Oline...there is still good quality players in the 2nd and 3rd at those positions.   If Im thinking right we need - Wr, OLB, DT, and G? I think. Wr I think we can get one in the 3rd, OLB or DT could be a 1st option, or if we trade we could get OLb in 2nd and Dt or G with a Wr in 3rd 

Don't forget about Allen and Fleener. TEs play a big receiving role in our offense. I'm just thinking about grooming someone for Reggie's spot.

Oh trust me I love Fleener and Allen and believe they will be huge this year in the WCO this year. And I couldn't agree more about a Reggie replacement... He can't play forever

We sign Jennings to a 3 yr deal.  Man, im so extatic right now, ive been waiting for this LaRon Landry news every three minutes. Dudes, what a secondary. Ive been researching Toler too and what a great pick-up. There were SEVERAL teams wanting Toler. He was one of the first CB's signed. I looked up pics on Landry and man hes got little boulders for biceps. man hes built like a much bigger bob Sanders with the same speed to go with it! And good deal getting Thomas!! That is one absolutely solid guard! And our new RT Cherilus...ive heard on here all kinds of bad things about him but i research him and everyone praises him and says what a solid Right Tackle he has been for Detroit. And, for being a backup. Walden had some really decent stats last year, Give him a full-time job and see what we get! WOW GRIGS! Great Job Pagano, Grigson and Irsay!

I don't think Grigson's draft strategy has changed because of our free agency. I would expect him to keep working on his board and draft according to his ratings. He might prioritize a certain position, as a tie breaker. If he has a corner, a pass rusher and an offensive tackle all rated closely, he might favor the pass rusher, seeing as how we already have our starters at corner and tackle.