Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theanarchist

"lots of lines in the water"

hey.. they're getting every SCRUB in the table.. they're getting the fishes just the smaller one that fit in their pockets...

ha, they are scrubs in your eyes because you don't know who they were at first, neither if the O-linemen we signed were scrubs, and Greg Toler is certainly no scrub, in fact all three of those guys will have good years here next year just wait, the only questionable one really is Erik Welden, but just look at Tim Jennings, let them play before insulting them smh...

hey.. they're getting every SCRUB in the table.. they're getting the fishes just the smaller one that fit in their pockets...

You don't know anything. Grigson > you at being GM and at life. 

Since when did people start personally attacking each other on here? I think its time for some of you to log off

I'm not criticizing mind you. I just think this is going a LOT different than we expected. Doesn't help when Jim tweets teasers and gets all of us worked up

it's OK.. i don't take it seriously.. I'm just still mad because of losing Vasquez and just getting impacient now.. we don't have the picks we had last year.. and of the 11 wins.. we had 3 or 4 "LUCKy" ones.. Hard to repeat

it's OK.. i don't take it seriously.. I'm just still mad because of losing Vasquez and just getting impacient now.. we don't have the picks we had last year.. and of the 11 wins.. we had 3 or 4 "LUCKy" ones.. Hard to repeat

I hear you there. Lots of areas need help

I'm not criticizing mind you. I just think this is going a LOT different than we expected. Doesn't help when Jim tweets teasers and gets all of us worked up

When Jim teased us back in the fall we got Vontae Davis. By the weekend I think we bring in some really good talent.

When Jim teased us back in the fall we got Vontae Davis. By the weekend I think we bring in some really good talent.

Hope you are right

Can anyone please show me where the Colts "lost" Vasquez? I know there were writers spreading rumors that the Colts were looking at him, and a million threads here, but can anyone provide a quote from JI, Grigs or Pags?

Can anyone please show me where the Colts "lost" Vasquez? I know there were writers spreading rumors that the Colts were looking at him, and a million threads here, but can anyone provide a quote from JI, Grigs or Pags?

No joke, not to mention Vasquez went to Denver of all places, if you are a line man & you have John Elway whooing you about protecting and making a SB run with 18, not really hard to see why hes a Bronco now...

^^ Exactly! Every one just assumes we "lost" him .... why does no one consider the possibility we got who we wanted, and Vasquez was not our first choice?  Just because the majority of the board anointed Vasquez as the best option for us at guard does not mean the Colts had him rated as such.

Are we looking in FA for a veteran Outside  receiver and a decent back up QB  whats the latest on that ?      i wouldn't mind  cassel as backup  and as wide receiver   kevin walter ? or moss he'd be cheap

Are we looking in FA for a veteran Outside  receiver and a decent back up QB  whats the latest on that ?      i wouldn't mind  cassel as backup  and as wide receiver   kevin walter ? or moss he'd be cheap

I don't think we're done for sure. DL, WR, I doubt QB. We can pick up a backup if they want one for cheap or grab late in the draft or UDFA.

Colts had no chance with Vasquez once John Elway gave his agent a call.  The man wanted to play for a Super Bowl, that they are the biggest most obvious contenders that where in the market for a guard.  

He could have easily gotten more money then he did.  He gave them a "I want to play for a SB" discount.  

That's what happened.  And while we are good and I think we are improving. . . we are still pretty far behind Denver.   

Colts had no chance with Vasquez once John Elway gave his agent a call.  The man wanted to play for a Super Bowl, that they are the biggest most obvious contenders that where in the market for a guard.  

He could have easily gotten more money then he did.  He gave them a "I want to play for a SB" discount.  

That's what happened.  And while we are good and I think we are improving. . . we are still pretty far behind Denver.   

We could have gotten Vasquez if we wanted him.

We are behind Denver ... but they have to win now, because they only have about a 2 year window before they are no longer contenders and shopping for a QB. Which will be just about the time we are back to being one of the dominant contenders.

We are behind Denver ... but they have to win now, because they only have about a 2 year window before they are no longer contenders and shopping for a QB. Which will be just about the time we are back to being one of the dominant contenders.

I don't think so, the guy took way too big of a discount to say that we could have gotten him without way overspending for him.  Vasquez could have gotten 7 or 8 million easily.  He took 5.8 million.  

Denver isn't going to be shopping for a QB as much as you might think.  The year they signed Peyton they also drafted Brock Osweiler in the 2nd round.  He's Peyton's backup now and is likely their QB of the future.  It's hard to gauge how good he really is though because he's only thrown 4 passes in garbage time.  On those passes he was 2 - 4 for 12 yards.  

But that having been said, I agree that they are only major contenders while Peyton is still there.  But they do have his replacement in the wings. 

I agree with Valpo.  I think Vasquez chose Denver to play for the best team.  I definitely think he could have gotten more money.  Plus take into account that he signed a 4 year contract and, if I'm not mistaken, there are 4 years remaining on Peyton's contract.  Could be coincidence...or not.

:)

I agree with Valpo.  I think Vasquez chose Denver to play for the best team.  I definitely think he could have gotten more money.  Plus take into account that he signed a 4 year contract and, if I'm not mistaken, there are 4 years remaining on Peyton's contract.  Could be coincidence...or not.

:)

Peyton signed a 3 yr deal. so he has 2 years left.    :)

Peyton signed a 3 yr deal. so he has 2 years left. :)

Yeah, Denver is in serious win now mode. They honestly don't have much of a future at QB after Peyton.

The Colts on the other hand are playing with house money. I love it.

Peyton signed a 3 yr deal. so he has 2 years left.    :)

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-03-20/peyton-manning-broncos-tim-tebow-john-elway-2012-nfl-free-agents

Peyton Manning agreed to a five-year contract worth a reported $96 million with the Denver Broncos on Tuesday.

Now don't get me wrong, I know that contracts can be changed, restructured, voided with correct terms, etc etc...just saying the actual contract was for 5 years. :)