Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning Walks Laps At Colts Practice

shakedownstreet

I saw video on NFL network. For anyone looking for a reason to be optimistic, he looked 100 times more comfortable than I did at a similar point after my cervical fusion. At one point he turned his head all the way to one side to look at something. You aren't supposed to drive for a period of time after that surgery largely because the inability to turn your head makes for dangerous driving. For what he went through I thought he looked terrific. Fluid and comfortable.

And for those who insisted otherwise - "Look Mom, no neck brace".

why are we having "light day" practice?

So they should bang on each other in full pads the day after the game?

All NFL teams go easy on the players the day after a game. Frankly it is common sense to save their bodies. This practice is mostly for the guys who did not get into the game at all or played very little.

So they should bang on each other in full pads the day after the game?

All NFL teams go easy on the players the day after a game. Frankly it is common sense to save their bodies. This practice is mostly for the guys who did not get into the game at all or played very little.

That's it exactly jskin..

Plus..we have some older players who dont need to practice hard Tuesday before n Sundayn night game....

.any update on Gary Brackett?

I still highly doubt he comes back this year.

i think the club really wants to see what he can do on the field before we get our #1 pick in March, even if we are 1-12 or 0-13 at that point. they want to gauge where he is going to be at for the next couple years.

if progress is not looking good, we could honestly be looking at the dreaded "c" word.

but if they aren't going to cut guys like Link and Pollack who actually need to go.........

Thanks for adding your perspective.

After hearing he was not cleared to be on the sidelines, I was a bit concerned.

Walking brisk laps, not bad for someone who's had bone taken from his hip

I saw video on NFL network. For anyone looking for a reason to be optimistic, he looked 100 times more comfortable than I did at a similar point after my cervical fusion. At one point he turned his head all the way to one side to look at something. You aren't supposed to drive for a period of time after that surgery largely because the inability to turn your head makes for dangerous driving. For what he went through I thought he looked terrific. Fluid and comfortable.

And for those who insisted otherwise - "Look Mom, no neck brace".

I really don't see anyone in this thread going crazy. Secondly I would be shocked to find out he has thrown any passes since his most recent surgery.

Guarantee this hasn't happened yet. He misses the team and guys. Its his second family. I just don't wanna see everyone get their hopes up just because he's walking around a track only to be disappointed if he doesn't return this season. It's be awesome if he did but we have this Sundays game to worry about. We keep losing and its not going to matter if he returns or not this year. I wish him the best and hopefully he's got the strength to help Collins learn his offense this week. Were going to need all the help we can get against the Steelers D

I always though Manning was, at least partially, a robot.

OR John Rambo.

You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in football warfare, with a man who's the best, with passing, with play fakes, with his brilliant mind. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off ST Elmos steaks, to win games that would make a Belickeck puke. In AFC South his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To score TDs! Period! Win by attrition. Well Peyton is the best.

No one's making a huge deal about it, but every positive sign from Manning is so heartwarming. Whether it's this year or the next, if he comes back 100%, it'll be pure elation.

I agree. He's our Micheal Jordan. But let's take this one week at a time. Hopefully we'll see him with a headset on in a couple of Weeks. Him just being there will help our team tremendously. Go Colts!!

I agree. He's our Micheal Jordan. But let's take this one week at a time. Hopefully we'll see him with a headset on in a couple of Weeks. Him just being there will help our team tremendously. Go Colts!!

Agreed. Peyton's health and safety comes first and he should continue to take all the time he needs. It is good that he is at least able to be with the team at practices now. I will be excited just to see him standing on the sidelines wearing head phones! His presence alone makes a world of difference for morale.

I just hope that Peyton being back around the team, and dare I hope - maybe on the sidelines Sunday? - will give the team (1) motivation, (2) peer pressure, (3) coaching ....

But, again if I were Peyton, I'd retire if I knew that next year was going to be this GM, coach and team. I literally wouldn't risk my neck with this crew. I very seriously hope Peyton is talking to Irsay about what changes need to be made. Or, maybe we get Luck and Peyton comes back as GM and coach - yeah, I know... -- but what if?