Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

More to Come in Day 2?

Now just because I haven't seen it on here yet doesn't mean it's not. So mods feel free to merge or what have you. I came across this article that I found to be an interesting read.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/03/12/indianapolis-colts-team-could-make-trio-blockbuster-moves-soon/

Sounds like we could be busy, or just a bloggers dream? IDK, what do you guys think?

If we landed all three of those guys today! Well, I might have a HUGE mess to clean up! Along with yesterday, we would have filled and added depth to a lot of our issues. Then the 4 picks in the draft, can be used for who knows what! :)

Ok, that would certainly be interesting to get those guys.

Ricky on the right, Chapman in the middle, and Redding on the left.

Freeman, Angerer, Connor in the middle with Mathis on the outside left, and Avril on the outside right. 

With Davis, Toler, and Butler in the secondary with Bethea and Landry/Reed.

I would be happy with all those guys.

Well, if we DID get Avril we sh\ure wouldnt play him at DE in a 3-4. Hes too small for that. Hes based on speed whereas 3-4 DE's are based on power, right? We would obviously put him at OLB. I mean does this writer really know what hes talking about? We re-signed Moala and both Pagano and Grigson LOVE him.  Moala and Redding are an outstanding 3-4 DE duo. Put Avril and Mathis on the outside....wow!

My word that is a misinformed and over-the-top article.

He seems to think Avril would be playing as a DE in our system, which is just silly. He also claims RJF would be an NT is this system, which is not quite as outlandish, but I think he would be projected as a DE with us (could be wrong though).

And the stuff about these three signings coupled with the ones already made making us "rival the best dynasties in all of sports" is bordering on insanity.

I think the OP hit the nail on the head with the 'bloggers dream' assessment.

Now just because I haven't seen it on here yet doesn't mean it's not. So mods feel free to merge or what have you. I came across this article that I found to be an interesting read.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/03/12/indianapolis-colts-team-could-make-trio-blockbuster-moves-soon/

Sounds like we could be busy, or just a bloggers dream? IDK, what do you guys think?

I believe Grigson has his eyes on the prize & that this article could be dead on  .Avril & Mathis I like it .   Landry Or Bernard Pollard  either would be nice .

doesn't landry get hurt a lot?  or isn't there some knock on him?  Or am i off here?

His production hasn't matched his hype since he came into the league. He is a highlight-reel hitting machine and certainly would be an upgrade for us at SS. Many expect 6th overall draft pick safeties to become All-Pros but injury has been a problem for him since he entered the league.

ah,  thanks.  i'll take him or pollard

His production hasn't matched his hype since he came into the league. He is a highlight-reel hitting machine and certainly would be an upgrade for us at SS. Many expect 6th overall draft pick safeties to become All-Pros but injury has been a problem for him since he entered the league.