Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What are our team needs?

MTC

After Day 1 of free agency, we've addressed OT, OG, CB, and LB position. What do you all think our needs are after today? I still believe we should add another corner (Mike Jenkins, Cary Williams, Keenan Lewis?) add a big nose tackle (Ricky-Jean Francois, Terrance Knighton, Steve McClendon??) and linebacker. We could also use another guard and wide receiver which we can address in the draft or free agency.

Other than QB,  and then maybe TE,  our needs are pretty much.....   everywhere else on the roster.

And while I know some have referred to RJF as a NT,  he's not.

Not at 6'3" and 295.    He plays mostly on either side of the Nose Tackle.   And if we sign him,  that's where I'd expect him to keep playing.

Other than QB, and then maybe TE, our needs are pretty much..... everywhere else on the roster.

And while I know some have referred to RJF as a NT, he's not.

Not at 6'3" and 295. He plays mostly on either side of the Nose Tackle. And if we sign him, that's where I'd expect him to keep playing.

295 isn't big enough for a 3-4 NT. Barely big enough for a 3-4 DE but we'll see what happens

And as for needs, none to speak of. But places that could definitely use an upgrade:

Probably another Guard.

A WR if they don't believe there is anyone on the roster ready to step up.

Not a NT, I don't understand why people don't want to see what we have in Chapman first

Probably DE, maybe OLB, depending on how good they think Waldon is.

I'd like another safety, which may be Landry.

I'd love to grab a CB late in the draft. If they can teach Vaughn to look for the ball, we wouldn't need this. Otherwise, we need someone better in case one of our top 3 goes down. Unless they plan on drafting one high and using Toler in the slot and Butler as a backup. 

Defense:

SS / DE / OLB / CB

Offense:

OG / RB / WR

Grigs expressed certain positions he'd prefer not be staffed by rookies. DE and OG made that list. I want to believe that he's not done yet filling in these lineman postions. If he hauls in these two positions in the FA period, the draft would bring in young talent at SS, CB, OLB, RB & WR