Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Im not liking these signings

Charliemac24

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you. I don't want to just bash everything they're doing, because I was really optimistic and excited... And I don't want them to just pay for big names, but cripes.  If they're going to sign Cliff Avril, why in the world are they giving someone like Erik Walden $16 million over 4 years? I don't get it. But I guess that's why I'm not making 6 figures and working in a luxury office.

I'm with you on that.

Toler is alright but not worth $5m.

Thomas is pretty good.

Cherilus is okay but I'm really worried about what we've paid him.

Walden is horrendous and shouldn't even be on vet minimum.

Sidbury is a nobody.

Who'd have thought we had $45m in cap space, huh? 

I don't dislike them but my hopes were definately let down heh. Cherlius, Thomas and toler could be big. Walden got big money. Hopefully he performs to it. Been reading on him looks like he's one of those diamond in the rough for sure.

I like the ot signing. Maybe we can get out te's out more in pass plays instead of blocking all the time

I just do not know why anyone who has followed this team is the least bit surprised....Grigs wants some hungry guys...someone who HE thinks can get to another level....this is the Walden signing...Sidbury....Toler wanting to get back to form.  Pags had to have signed off of Walden too...he did have 3 sacks in one game in the Packer porous defense....can he do it in the 3-Raven defense of Pagano....we will see...and we have the draft guys!

We are not even into hour 3!!!!  C A L M...it is out of our control :)

Calm-billboard-Mar-13.png

I'm with you on that.

Toler is alright but not worth $5m.

Thomas is pretty good.

Cherilus is okay but I'm really worried about what we've paid him.

Walden is horrendous and shouldn't even be on vet minimum.

Sidbury is a nobody.

Who'd have thought we had $45m in cap space, huh? 

Freeman did pretty well Dan....and he was a longshot.  We saw CFL film of him and said "HMMMMM...he is athletic, but probably camp fodder."  How did he turn out?

Walden did have 3 sacks in a game...not saying you are not right...I am not thrilled with the money for him....just saying he may be a hidden gem like Freeman was. :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

Freeman did pretty well Dan....and he was a longshot.  We saw CFL film of him and said "HMMMMM...he is athletic, but probably camp fodder."  How did he turn out?

Walden did have 3 sacks in a game...not saying you are not right...I am not thrilled with the money for him....just saying he may be a hidden gem like Freeman was. :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

The difference with Walden and Freeman, is Walden has had several years in the NFL to show what he can do, and that's proven to be nothing. Freeman was a stud in the CFL, so while definitely a longshot, was a different kind of longshot. 

Freeman did pretty well Dan....and he was a longshot. We saw CFL film of him and said "HMMMMM...he is athletic, but probably camp fodder." How did he turn out?

Walden did have 3 sacks in a game...not saying you are not right...I am not thrilled with the money for him....just saying he may be a hidden gem like Freeman was. :coltslogo::coltslogo::coltslogo:

I hope you're right, but we didn't pay Freeman 16 million dollars...

The difference with Walden and Freeman, is Walden has had several years in the NFL to show what he can do, and that's proven to be nothing. Freeman was a stud in the CFL, so while definitely a longshot, was a different kind of longshot. 

The CFL is not even close in talent as we know....but OK...

I hope you're right, but we didn't pay Freeman 16 million dollars...

Agreed on the dinero for sure......yes Freeman ended up a nice bargain....but some of the same guys slamming these signings said Freeman was camp fodder....and Hickman...I can keep going....:)

I'm very disappointed that we couldn't sign a guy like Vasquez who signed with the Broncos for a very fair price. I like the signing of Donlad Thomas. I'm worried about Gosder Cherilous. I saw a few Lions game and he didn't impress me also got a lots of penalties. Toler, Sidbury, Walden are solid back up guys but nothing special and in my opinion a bit overpriced. But still I'm just an armchair GM and trust Grigson on this decision although I'm not excited anymore...