Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Erik Walden LB (confirmed) (merge)

WSnotch

Thing is you can just cut him after two years and it only cost you a couple million off the cap. So if he doesn't play up to the contract , it's adios and no big deal.

Yup. 

Or, you hit a homerun and he outplays his contract. Much better problem to have.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The more i read into this guy the more I dont like the money being used...........I just watched the highlight with him vs 49rs and he was out or position at all time and never made the tackles

good for you...i dont like the amount of periods you used in succession, doesnt change anything does it?

I just feel like winning the Exc. of the year is going to grig's head and just like it did for polian he's starting to develop that stubborness, hitting gold the first time and thinking his way should be the new standard. I understand when you don't have the cap space to "think outside the box" and find " diamonds in the rough" but when you have the money don't spend it on toler and waldo (no typo), I love the cherilus and thomas, I truly believe both will make the pro bowl. But the rest? It can't be justified, unless we sign landry, antwan winfield and draft mingo

Another Hughes junior, why the rush to get him and overpay? can get such player in late rounds of a draft.

Ya, maybe. I don't know though. I did read an article about him that said that he was seen as a possible must keep for GB. He had similar stats to Matthews with the exception of sacks. I think we over paid for him but he has potential. I was thinking that we'd make a bigger splash with names like Avril, Vasquez, Reed maybe but I'm fine for the most part with these guys. Like I said, I think we paid too much for Walden but Toler's deal and Cherilus' deal seem about right. It remains to be seen what we threw at Thomas and Sidbury(who  happens to be a very intruiguing prospect).

This was a good move friend of mine who's a Packer fan said Walden strengths was that he was great against the run setting the edge, also he's very good in pass coverage. He has a high motor and creates pressure but he doesn't sack the QB much. Sacking the QB isn't everything as long as he gets consistent pressure he'll do good.

This was a good move friend of mine who's a Packer fan said Walden strengths was that he was great against the run setting the edge, also he's very good in pass coverage. He has a high motor and creates pressure but he doesn't sack the QB much. Sacking the QB isn't everything as long as he gets consistent pressure he'll do good.

Well I'm not really impressed with giving the guy 16 mil dollars. Good, he can stop the run. Maybe they are considering moving Mathis over to the other side? Mathis CAN rush the passer so maybe Walden is going to play the strong side and Mathis move over to the other side. That  makes more sense to me. But I think we over paid for Walden

That is the problem though.  The guy does not get constant pressure on the QB.  Heck he barely gets any pressure on the QB. That is good that he may be more stout against the run than Freeney, but about anybody could be more stout against the run then Freeney  The problem is the NFL is going more and more to the pass and to combat that you need to get after the QB and that appears to be his biggest weakness.

I really hope they are not done at OLB in free agency or the draft. 

Well I'm not really impressed with giving the guy 16 mil dollars. Good, he can stop the run. Maybe they are considering moving Mathis over to the other side? Mathis CAN rush the passer so maybe Walden is going to play the strong side and Mathis move over to the other side. That  makes more sense to me. But I think we over paid for Walden

According to 1070 the fan Walden is only getting 4m guaranteed