Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Erik Walden LB (confirmed) (merge)

WSnotch

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn

Erik Walden leaves #Packers for 4-year, $16M deal with #Colts. Walden says he was signed with every expectation to start opposite R. Mathis.

WHAT THE HECK?!

This has made me furious. Not happy at all with today's moves. Toler, a decent enough nickel option, gets starter money, and Erik Walden, who is Jerry Hughes level of bad, comes in as a starter?! This has got to be a joke.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Basically the FS in cover 3, only has LOS run responsibility.  One of the reasons you don’t see it much anymore that and it was basically installed to contain West coast and they also don’t let you try to basically kill the receiver in the middle of field anymore.
    • To be fair neither do you. By all means correct me if I'm wrong here but help clear this air for me. Quoted from the article...   "The numbers strongly favored going for it here -- by a factor of 6.6 percentage points in expected win probability value -- in what was one of just two recommended go-for-it fourth-down scenarios on the night for Indy. (The other was a fourth-and-4 call later in this drive, when the Colts appeared to take a delay-of-game penalty in an effort to bait the defense into going offsides before punting.) The offense had a 68 percent chance of converting in what was, according to NGS ball-tracking technology, a true 1-yard to go situation, and the expected win probability with a conversion was set at 60 percent. If the Colts punted, their expected win probability would have dropped to 47 percent."   numbers - vague, and point to nothing concrete that we can verify or refute. Which numbers are they referencing and how were they compiled? What is the time frame of this data set? What is the scope of the data set? What is the sample size?   68% chance of converting - number with zero context. 68% of what? 68% of TEAMS in this situation? 68% of times in the past with similar down/distance? What percentage of that 68% success were pass vs run? Whats the success rate on the other pass vs run? Is that 68% COlts specific? If so, to what time frame? This year only? Last year? Frank Reichs tenure? Which QB's under Reich then? How does the offensive line lineup affect that 68%?
    • I don' think anyone is saying Taylor >= Henry.  But this is impressive and I am thrilled with this running production.  We have an effective running game and that just helps Wentz and the passing game to be better.
    • Regardless of the X's & O's, the personnel,  or the injury reports I'm feeling good about the colts winning simply because it's too early in season for us to be knocked out of the division race. 
    • Were you the coach who made the news for never punting the ball even on your own 10 yard line .
  • Members

• ClaytonColt

ClaytonColt 341

• Nickster

Nickster 1,377

• Nesjan3

Nesjan3 799

• SVFD Colts Fan

SVFD Colts Fan 5

• JimJaime

JimJaime 162

• krunk