Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Else Surprised........

CR91

It could be a very tough pill to swallow on national television.

And I live in the middle of Steeler / Eagle territory. (I really need to move)

My biggest hope is the fans don't boo (I'm not making judgement)and make our guys look like fools on TV.

My second biggest hope is that Collins improves a little more, we can run a little, and at least make it a game.

Of course that means our defense has to show up. I like the guys so I'm not gonna "beat them up". However, we're getting no real pressure, the middle of the field is way too open, and special teams is still un-inspiring.

I'm a little crazy because I seem to think we can improve (to at least be competitive)in all areas. It doesn't seem like a really big deal. many plays, especially on Defense, our guys seem a heartbeat from a great play. We have to find a way to get to Big ben.

I'm ok with losing to Pitt. I just don't wanna see them come in OUR house and push us around. ESPECIALLY on national television.

that our sunday night game wasnt moved for another game? seriously its gonna be a bunch of three and outs for our offense vs the steelers. this game is gonna be snooze fest. wondering why this game wasnt moved.

why should it be moved? i get to watch the colts on a sunday night why should it be moved... ppl are acting like the steelers are some type of juggernaut... the offense will have trouble but i wanna see how the defense does against the run again and see if they can keep it a low scoring game.

Maybe we'll win?

What does the media say if we do? Well, probably they'd talk about how doomed Pittsburgh is rather than how we turned it around.

Do I expect us to win? No.

But I will go into that game, just like all games for the last 27-28 years thinking that we can win.

Having watched Pittsburgh and the Colts the last two weeks, I am doubting Pittsburgh will do a whole lot in terms of scoring.

People are afraid of who they are. Nothing more. They have a horrible record against good teams, and their recent Super Bowls have always been opportunistic ones. They catch Indy napping, but have otherwise missed playing the Colts (against whom they are 1-5 in the Manning era) and the Patriots (against whom they are without a win when Brady has played). They get the Titans and Ravens over and over again.

That said, we stink right now. But so do they. I actually don't think they are as good as Cleveland. We just need to give Linkenbach some help. Perhaps Brody Eldridge?

It could be a very tough pill to swallow on national television.

And I live in the middle of Steeler / Eagle territory. (I really need to move)

My biggest hope is the fans don't boo (I'm not making judgement)and make our guys look like fools on TV.

My second biggest hope is that Collins improves a little more, we can run a little, and at least make it a game.

Of course that means our defense has to show up. I like the guys so I'm not gonna "beat them up". However, we're getting no real pressure, the middle of the field is way too open, and special teams is still un-inspiring.

I'm a little crazy because I seem to think we can improve (to at least be competitive)in all areas. It doesn't seem like a really big deal. many plays, especially on Defense, our guys seem a heartbeat from a great play. We have to find a way to get to Big ben.

I'm ok with losing to Pitt. I just don't wanna see them come in OUR house and push us around. ESPECIALLY on national television.

You know, watching the game Sunday, I actually had hope they would win. I didnt have that the previous week.

In so many ways, they are SO close to being at the least descent, maybe good.

I think they did improve from week 1 to week 2, and if they can do it again, maybe they have a shot. Slim probably, but a shot to win is all Im asking for this week.

I dont think special teams gets fixed without a coaching change...they are just turrible...lol.

I hope they get blown clear out of the stadium and Irsay gets so embarrassed in the spotlight of a nationally televised prime time game that some changes which are 5 years overdue finally begin to get made.

I'll be at the game sportin our colors!!! I'm looking forward to see how many bandwagon season ticket holders sold out to Steelers Nation. I'm betting its gonna be sad. I do believe we have a chance at winning this game. Nobody can learn our complicated offense in three weeks like Collins has had. Hopefully we'll see some significant improvement this Sunday. Go Colts!!!

I'll be at the game sportin our colors!!! I'm looking forward to see how many bandwagon season ticket holders sold out to Steelers Nation.

2 tickets $200

Parking $20

Food $50

Gas $20

Selling off $290 worth of trouble for a 35-7 beat down doesn't make you a bandwagoner. It makes you intelligent.

The only thing that we as fans can do to influence an NFL team is to withhold our $. If the Luke had 5,000 people in it for 3 games how quickly do you think this team would turn it around. I bet real quick, bc no one likes there $ messed with.

I'll be at the game sportin our colors!!! I'm looking forward to see how many bandwagon season ticket holders sold out to Steelers Nation. I'm betting its gonna be sad. I do believe we have a chance at winning this game. Nobody can learn our complicated offense in three weeks like Collins has had. Hopefully we'll see some significant improvement this Sunday. Go Colts!!!

Half the other Soldiers I work with are Steelers fans and are going to the game. I dread going into work on Monday. Sigh....wish I could go.

2 tickets $200

Parking $20

Food $50

Gas $20

Selling off $290 worth of trouble for a 35-7 beat down doesn't make you a bandwagoner. It makes you intelligent.

The only thing that we as fans can do to influence an NFL team is to withhold our $. If the Luke had 5,000 people in it for 3 games how quickly do you think this team would turn it around. I bet real quick, bc no one likes there $ messed with.

Please go around and collect anything Colts related in your house or office and throw it a pile and burn it!!! Sell Out

I'm looking forward to see some more action packed, animated and expressive blinking on the Colts sideline on Sunday.....which makes me wonder, if they had a cardboard cutout of Caldwell next to the real thing, could you tell which one was which?? I'm not so sure.

Oh well, I'll be cheering for our Colts, same as always on Sunday night. I don't drink, but may have to start....soon.

So what are you saying, that the Colts first sub-par year in a decade is a sign of lack of concern for the fans, and so the organization needs to be punished or something?

You think that not showing up is going to motivate them to "turn it around"? How, exactly? That's just nutty - but go ahead and try it. I heard that not showing up worked out terrific for the fans in Baltimore.

I can certainly understand why you would consider investing your hard earned entertainment dollars elsewhere, but it still doesn't reflect well on you. I wouldn't brag about it. What would you think about the fans in Cincinnati for example if you turned on the tv and their stadium was filled with Steeler fans? It makes the entire region look second rate.

So what are you saying, that the Colts first sub-par year in a decade is a sign of lack of concern for the fans, and so the organization needs to be punished or something?

You think that not showing up is going to motivate them to "turn it around"? How, exactly? That's just nutty - but go ahead and try it. I heard that not showing up worked out terrific for the fans in Baltimore.

I can certainly understand why you would consider investing your hard earned entertainment dollars elsewhere, but it still doesn't reflect well on you. I wouldn't brag about it. What would you think about the fans in Cincinnati for example if you turned on the tv and their stadium was filled with Steeler fans? It makes the entire region look second rate.

I would debate your claim that this is the first sub-par year in a decade...The colts have not played up to their potential for the last several years, and the same issues plaguing them are getting worse rather than improving. We still see no ability to make in game adjustments for what the opponet is doing, poor tackling, poor pass coverage, poor special teams, etc. etc. The jury is out as to whether our running game is improving, and of course the passing game is dead, through no fault of their own other than bad luck.

What we are seeing now is a direct result of a decline that started years ago, not this season with Peyton being out. I for one, am not going to sit back and be content about witnessing the decline of a franchise I have loved for over 30 years, and go blindly into the night with blantant homerism. (as displayed by some posters on this forum, not neccessarily you, MAC)

Not a lack of concern, actually the exact opposite. We as Colts fans have every reason to expect greatness. We have been SOLD greatness. So when someone invests there hard earned $ on a team, in tough times, that they can watch for FREE on TV, and that team goes out and drastically underperforms, then fans absolutely have a right to be upset. And fans not showing up had very little effect in Balt, considering one of the main culprits in the move was a direct result of Maryland refusing to expand the baseball stadium they were playing in, where there weren't stands past the 50yd line. So essentially the exact opposite of your statement.

Do you know what would think if I saw Paul brown stadium full of steelers fan? Something along the lines of ' boy that FO has really failed'.

Not a lack of concern, actually the exact opposite. We as Colts fans have every reason to expect greatness. We have been SOLD greatness. So when someone invests there hard earned $ on a team, in tough times, that they can watch for FREE on TV, and that team goes out and drastically underperforms, then fans absolutely have a right to be upset. And fans not showing up had very little effect in Balt, considering one of the main culprits in the move was a direct result of Maryland refusing to expand the baseball stadium they were playing in, where there weren't stands past the 50yd line. So essentially the exact opposite of your statement.

Do you know what would think if I saw Paul brown stadium full of steelers fan? Something along the lines of ' boy that FO has really failed'.

You aren't going to be watching any Colts home games unless you have tickets here real soon.

I've got more Colts merchandise in my home than you have sense.

If you'd like I could sell you my 2 tix for face value. $534.

I have tickets. Can't you read? And I sure as heck wouldn't buy yours if I didn't. Let your tickets go back so a deserving fan can get them. What a joke.