Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Rumors thread

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'll be in the minority, but I don't want anything to do with a small 32 yr. old slot receiver when we already have 3 or 4 guys on the roster that can play the slot. Focus on the bigger needs.

We literally would be a team of nothing but slot guys. What happened to Lloyd? (while we are on the topic of Patriots WR's)

I know I'll be in the minority, but I don't want anything to do with a small 32 yr. old slot receiver when we already have 3 or 4 guys on the roster that can play the slot. Focus on the bigger needs.

Well, if there's any truth to the reports, he might come cheap. Apparentely he was offered a contract by the patriots that was "insulting" and "shockingly low".

Well, if there's any truth to the reports, he might come cheap. Apparentely he was offered a contract by the patriots that was "insulting" and "shockingly low".

There might be a reason for that too. They're not  i-d-i-o-t-s  in NE, so considering they offered something so low gives me good reason to take pause.

There might be a reason for that too. They're not  i-d-i-o-t-s  in NE, so considering they offered something so low gives me good reason to take pause.

It does for me as well, but I do feel a little better knowing that if we did sign him (a big if) we wouldn't end up breaking the bank.

I don't want any part of Welker.  1st: he's a jacka$$.  Go read about his experiences in Vegas.  He shows up with a huge entourage, and starts throwing out the "Do you know who I am?!" when he's not pampered enough.  I want no part with an ego like that.  And 2nd: he's taken a ton of pounding for his tenure.  He has 32-year old RB type wear and tear.  I think he's about shot...

I don't want any part of Welker.  1st: he's a jacka$$.  Go read about his experiences in Vegas.  He shows up with a huge entourage, and starts throwing out the "Do you know who I am?!" when he's not pampered enough.  I want no part with an ego like that.  And 2nd: he's taken a ton of pounding for his tenure.  He has 32-year old RB type wear and tear.  I think he's about shot...

Well it looks like he's going to Denver anyway.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/311910867946057728

why does people keep wanting the names...im sure people upset is not because the players is because we are not on NFLN with a big name... have we learned nothing from stupid old redskins (not this version), last year eagles, countless bad browns teams etc?

calm down people...none of the 2001 pats moves were "big names"...they resulted in a dinasty

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• My sleepers: (meaning, the kind of players coaches would like to have, more than what consensus big board gives credit to them. Some of them might need couple of years to attain their high potential, if drafted into suitable coaching environment, so a lot depends on that. Some of them have injury concerns too).   Most of them are high IQ players or high-effort, high-motor players - two traits I look for from the Drafted players, list is long but I like these guys.. gonna be interesting to see where they land and how it works out for them in long run.    Payton Wilson, LB, NC State Caelen Carson, CB, Wake Forest Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale Maason Smith, IDL, LSU Christian Mahogany, OG, Boston College Max Melton, CB, Rutgers Zak Zinter, OG, Michigan Bucky Irving, RB, Oregon Khyree Jackson, CB Oregon Dylan McMahon, C, NC State (good fit for Browns)  Tykee Smith, SAF, Georgia Ainias Smith, WR, Texas A&M Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame Michael Barrett, LB Michigan Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky Beaux Limmer, IOL, Arkansas   Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami McKinnley Jackson, IDL, Texas A&M Kalen King, CB, Penn State Justin Eboigbe, IDL, Alabama    Jacob Cowing, WR, Arizona Beau Brade, SAF, Maryland Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville Jalyx Hunt, EDGE, Houston Christian (I'm hoping for day 3 Vikings pickup, as Flores could work wonders with him)  Jaheim Bell, TE, Florida State Brennan Jackson, EDGE, Washington State  Delmar Glaze, OT, Maryland Myles Cole, EDGE, Texas Tech Kristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa Javontae Jean-Baptiste, DL, Notre Dame Jordan Magee, LB, Temple Myles Harden, CB, South Dakota Jalen Green, EDGE, James Madison (UDFA Target prospect)  Trey Taylor, S, Air Force (UDFA prospect) Eyabi Okie-Anoma, EDGE, Charlotte Qwan'tez Stiggers, CB, Toronto  Sundiata Anderson, EDGE, Grambling State  Daequan Hardy, CB, Penn State (Special Teams, Returner)  Emani Bailey, RB, TCU   As for Vikings, I don't wanna rush to draft QB if the team isn't confident in the guys they could move up in draft range, and I'd like to just draft impact players that build the roster at this point.   Build the team, draft a franchise QB at right time, don't rush and ruin years trying to make someone work out in the NFL. 
    • If you are relying upon history, does accuracy matter?  I think the reason Smith ended up at RT is because the coaches tried him there out of necessity and he played well, and stayed there due to the coaches wishes.  I don't think that FO guys had much to say about it, because Smith was in fact drafted to be a G, not the RT.  Ballard's own words after day 2 of that draft was that they drafted Smith a bit higher than they had him ranked, because he was the "last remaining starting caliber G on the board".   So it does fit that Smith was not drafted by Ballard or the FO to be a RT...in part because of the measurables and arm length.   Also directing this response to @Matthew Gilbert
    • Same. And that's because over time that level of depth eventually decays. 
    • I don't think players like Davis (and especially Bryan, who I don't think will make the final 53) should impact our draft strategy at all. Not even a little bit. If we like Byron Murphy, figure out what to do with those other guys later. The other versatile guys you mention don't scratch the itch the way Murphy would be expected to -- he should be looked at as a disruptive 3T who plays there every down, not a matchup guy or passing downs guy.    If anything, maybe it's the other way around. The Colts already had a feel for the DTs in draft class and knew they wouldn't get what they want in the draft, so they addressed the position in free agency. And after this weekend, that might help people better understand the strategy at DB and WR...    The bolded really gets at the heart of it. I like Murphy, but I'm not offering him as a great player that you just have to take a chance on. But when it comes to draft strategy, I think taking the best players is the way to go. I'm directly opposed to needs-based drafting, and to passing on a really good prospect because you have backup level veterans already on the roster. 
    • I suppose Murphy being the next Donald is possible, but I wouldn’t think it’s likely.     As for Smith playing right tackle, I believe I was simply echoing Ballard’s initial viewpoint.  That Smith’s short arms made him an unlikely RT.  And that he had to be talked into it by Morocco Brown and Ed Dodds.   I don’t think I was stating MY personal view.    As for skillset vs measurements.  I think it’s been an issue for all of us because Ballard has such specific requirements for each position.  So we factor that into our judgements. 
  • Members

• ChuggaBeer

ChuggaBeer 1,756

• DynaMike

DynaMike 153

• boo2202

boo2202 672

• VikingsFanInChennai

VikingsFanInChennai 2,990

• Hark

Hark 978

• John Hammonds