Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possibly a "good chance" the Colts will sign free agent Cliff Avril.

I would much prefer we grab an OLB in the Draft, even if it's Jamie Collins who is still a great player.

I agree, Jamie Collins is the next big name in NFL Defense. If Xavier Rhodes isnt avail then i would go for either Collins or Margus Hunt. Theyre both expected to be 2nd or 3rd rounders but they had such good combines, i would take one early Just in case i wouldnt miss out on both of them. Collins Broad jump was sick. 4.6 40. I didnt expect Margus Hunt to press 225lbs 37 times either! to be that big and that quick AND that strong is a beast. Either of them has a big chance of going late in the 1st.

I was refering to just the playoffs. My stats say he played 81, 89, and 81 snaps in the first 3 rounds. I know for a fact he didn't play that many in the super bowl.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Cool deal. I just think this "Kruger bad against the run" idea is being parroted at this point, and I happen to disagree.

Doesn't matter now, since it looks like we're not going after him anymore. I just hope we don't break the bank on Avril at this point.

Cool deal. I just think this "Kruger bad against the run" idea is being parroted at this point, and I happen to disagree.

Doesn't matter now, since it looks like we're not going after him anymore. I just hope we don't break the bank on Avril at this point.

Agreed, I think we would be better served to go after Barwin or Barnes and put more money on O-line and CB.

This is weird to me. Kruger is very good against the run. People keep saying he's not, but I've watched every Ravens game from the past two seasons, lots of them specifically just to watch the linebackers. Kruger is a good run defender.

He's not going to toss his man out of the way and go get the ball carrier, and he's not going to push his man three yards into the backfield every down. But he is going to set the edge, and he's going to take the right angles. And if the play comes his way, he can shed his blocker and make the tackle, even in space. Not JJ Watt or Justin Smith, but more than adequate as a Sam/Rush backer in Pagano's system.

The websites I've seen like Pro Football Focus say Kruger grades out very poorly against the run.

Which is why in the post-season,  even though Kruger was rushing the passer very well,  Upshaw played lots of 1st and 2nd downs,  because he's much better against the run.

That's what I've been reading for some time now.

I think you need to get used to the idea that the Colts are going to pay Avril 10+ mill per... I have a very good beek and this has a strong smell to it. It's been about two years since I've missed on a major Colt move and I'm pretty sure my streak will continue. 

I think you need to get used to the idea that the Colts are going to pay Avril 10+ mill per... I have a very good beek and this has a strong smell to it. It's been about two years since I've missed on a major Colt move and I'm pretty sure my streak will continue.

Ugh.

You were right about Flacco, too.