Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pick The Secondary

Dtman513

You cant draft a CB that high for Cover 2. you just can't.

CBs rarely go in the top 3, few of them in the top 10 and most of them go in the bottom half of round 1. That is why, if we want a CB, we trade down and try to pick up additional picks (2 for 1 or 3 for 1) thus getting a quality CB and more pieces for our D. IMO, that would be the way to go.

I dont think we can say what round we take what position without seeing this years draft. I dont follow NCAA enough to know if the draft is weak or strong for what positions. There are other positions we need to draft (G,DT,S,LB). As long as we get at least 2 quality DBs in the draft, i dont care what round we get them.

Lacey shouldn't be starting, we need someone to start in place of him. Tryon played well last year. I'm not sure how Thomas is, but apparently he looked good in pre-season

I know it's a numbers game, but how could Thomas and Rucker both be inactive yesterday? Then again, how could Lacey be starting?

At this point, I would bench Lacey. Tryon would get his spot and Thomas would go nickle.

Then with the number 5 pick in next year's draft, I would draft the best corner available.

Thomas over both, lacey is not good on the outside and tryon is weak... thomas is the better cover corner out of both of them and more physical... compared to kelvin hayden he's a true corner.

Thomas over both, lacey is not good on the outside and tryon is weak... thomas is the better cover corner out of both of them and more physical... compared to kelvin hayden he's a true corner.

I like what I saw out of Thomas in preseason. He went IR after about the first OTA last year, so he could be fragile, but I want to see what he can do. Can't be worse than Lacey and I remember him being good against the run.