Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns are closing in on Krueger?.. Wat?.. Per roto

Actually maybe we can get Arthur Jones.. ravens second tier tendered him

He's not an OLBer though. I don't think we can get him anyway. The way I understand it, is we'd have to give a 2nd rder. for him this yr. and we don't have a 2nd rder.. I don't think we can give a future 2nd.

well not sure how old dumerville is but hes also available.. Elvis has been hurt but if hes not that old he might work.. I just dont want old stop gap guys.. I wanted us to have young guys to build on for at least 5-6 years

well not sure how old dumerville is but hes also available.. Elvis has been hurt but if hes not that old he might work.. I just dont want old stop gap guys.. I wanted us to have young guys to build on for at least 5-6 years

He is 29

Has Denver cut him yet? He was scheduled to make 12 mil. this season and I don't want to pay a guy that much money. Antwan Barnes is who I sort of expect if Kruger does indeed sign with the Browns.

He's not an OLBer though. I don't think we can get him anyway. The way I understand it, is we'd have to give a 2nd rder. for him this yr. and we don't have a 2nd rder.. I don't think we can give a future 2nd.

Avril?  Barwin?  Collins at 24 and stick with Hughes/Collins.....Thoughts?

I think that it is same to assume we will acquire a pass rusher in some capacity. I say let the market die by allowing Cleveland to sign Kruger, then we only have to outbid Detroit for Avril. What does Detroit have available, 8 mil. Ok, perfect. Avril we offer you 9 mil, or 4 years 36 million. This may sound a little delusional; however, I truly believe these FA's are going to walk away with much less that what has been discussed. I mean let's be real, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay... 

I think that it is same to assume we will acquire a pass rusher in some capacity. I say let the market die by allowing Cleveland to sign Kruger, then we only have to outbid Detroit for Avril. What does Detroit have available, 8 mil. Ok, perfect. Avril we offer you 9 mil, or 4 years 36 million. This may sound a little delusional; however, I truly believe these FA's are going to walk away with much less that what has been discussed. I mean let's be real, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay... 

I hear Tampa really wants Avril. I have no idea what their cap situation is though.

We know Kruger's fair value moreso than any other team that might bid for him. If we decide enough's enough, it's the right move- especially considering we were offering him serious cash in the first place. He'd be a great addition here, but not at the expense of being able to fill other holes in the roster. 

Also, seems like Cleveland's really not playing around this Free Agency. We'll see how it turns out for them, but those fans could use a boost.

We know Kruger's fair value moreso than any other team that might bid for him. If we decide enough's enough, it's the right move- especially considering we were offering him serious cash in the first place. He'd be a great addition here, but not at the expense of being able to fill other holes in the roster. 

Also, seems like Cleveland's really not playing around this Free Agency. We'll see how it turns out for them, but those fans could use a boost.

Everything the Browns touch turns to crap. So I wouldn't get real excited if I were a Browns fan, just because they go on a Dan Snyder type spending spree.

Everything the Browns touch turns to crap. So I wouldn't get real excited if I were a Browns fan, just because they go on a Dan Snyder type spending spree.

Prime Example: Joe Haden. Man, imagine if we brought him up here to indy. We'd get his act together & everything, then we got ourselves Vontae's partner in crime

:sigh: wishful thinking

The Browns have a sort of Midas Touch, just instead of players turning into gold, the players they sign turn to poo. So the choice in the team name, and colors wasn't random.

I don't like Avril. 4-3 DE, don't know how he will play 3-4, really bad against the run. I'd rather resign Freeney. I think we should sign some players at OL, CB and SS positions and get a pass rusher in the draft.

Avril played 34 OLB at Purdue. It's his natural position. 

I don't like Avril. 4-3 DE, don't know how he will play 3-4, really bad against the run. I'd rather resign Freeney. I think we should sign some players at OL, CB and SS positions and get a pass rusher in the draft.

I don't want Freeney, but my concerns are the same as yours. Not convinced Avril will be good in a 3-4 because his run defense is terrible. I hope he proves me wrong if we end up signing him.