Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For tomorrow!! So pumped for free agency. Praying that we get the right amount of new additions and the right amount of talent to contend or at least improve greatly. I really hope we get our free agents right off the bat though. The suspense would kill me. 

As a little side note, a little upset the Seahawks and 49ers improved today because we play them this upcoming. Also, I know I shouldn't really care that much but Wilson's and Kaepernick's teams both get a little better and like it or not Luck and those 2 along with Griffin will be the faces of the NFL. I would just hope for there to be one and his name is Andrew Austen Luck. Lol i love how my side note was longer than my initial message. 

Not really "improvement" but okay.

A old WR who probably won't play at the level he did in the playoffs.

And a Headache to Seattle. Ahh, oh well

A true #1 WR at times as he showed in the playoffs. And for a 6th round pick. Even if it's for a year or two that's great for the Niners. He can go up and come down with the ball with best of them. As for Seattle, Harvin is one of, if not, the best slot receivers in the NFL and I think led the NFL in all purpose yards before he got hurt. He's a true stud when he doesn't have migraines or whatnot. With Wilson's speed, when he evades the pass rush a lot of time he'll have Harvin around for those dump offs. So they didn't improve substantially as they were already good, but I do see those moves as additions. 

For tomorrow!! So pumped for free agency. Praying that we get the right amount of new additions and the right amount of talent to contend or at least improve greatly. I really hope we get our free agents right off the bat though. The suspense would kill me. 

As a little side note, a little upset the Seahawks and 49ers improved today because we play them this upcoming. Also, I know I shouldn't really care that much but Wilson's and Kaepernick's teams both get a little better and like it or not Luck and those 2 along with Griffin will be the faces of the NFL. I would just hope for there to be one and his name is Andrew Austen Luck. Lol i love how my side note was longer than my initial message. 

I'm not convinced they improved. Harvin is crybaby. Boldin is inconsistent and getting old. He had a great run in the playoffs but he is up and down and I really don't think they got anything that is going to put them over the top

Not really "improvement" but okay.

A old WR who probably won't play at the level he did in the playoffs.

And a Headache to Seattle. Ahh, oh well

In my mind, the Harvin trade has turned Seattle into the best team in the NFL, and the 49'ers aren't far behind.

As I stated in another post, Harvin makes an already incredibly versatile offense even more versatile, and is one of the most dangerous players in the league.

Boldin is great in the redzone and takes a lot of heat off Michael Crabtree.

I think these trades have really really improved both these teams, so much so that they would be 1 and 2 in my power rankings.

In my mind, the Harvin trade has turned Seattle into the best team in the NFL, and the 49'ers aren't far behind.

As I stated in another post, Harvin makes an already incredibly versatile offense even more versatile, and is one of the most dangerous players in the league.

Boldin is great in the redzone and takes a lot of heat off Michael Crabtree.

I think these trades have really really improved both these teams, so much so that they would be 1 and 2 in my power rankings.

With the caveat on Harvin being 'if healthy'.  There are very few difference makers in the league, and he's one of them.  Boldin is dead on solid.

I agree, two strong teams got even stronger.  I'm glad they're both in the NFC.

If the Colts got Harvin for a 6th rounder everyone would be talking about how much of a play maker he is, how versatile he is, and how much he adds to special teams. Since we didn't get him, eh, he's a bum with an attitude.

The Seahawks gave up a lot more than a sixth

I'm hearing rumors of the Colts getting so many good free agents (Jennings, Kruger, Levitre, Vasquez, Avril, Williams and others) which I like because obviously we won't get all of them but showing interest makes me think we'll get a handful of great additions with about 2 or 3 big names and about 2 valuable players to our roster. Me likey 

Then again, I thought the NFC North would be hard this year, and we went 3-1.

They were all tough, hard fought games by both sides in our wins. and considering the talent and age difference, it was a challenge. Glad the young guns and vets stepped up to the plate. 49ers and Hawks....will be close hard fought games. dont give them the edge bc they each got a WR. Wait till we see wat Colts pick up.

Luck > RW & Kap ALL DAY and TWICE ON SUNDAY!

Everybody does know free agency isn't only tomorrow? There won't be some mass list of free agent signings tomorrow.

I wouldn't be surprised if none are made.

Yeah, but starting tomorrow, anything can happen at any time, and we're giddy like school girls.

Apologies in advance to our school girl forum members.

I'm hearing rumors of the Colts getting so many good free agents (Jennings, Kruger, Levitre, Vasquez, Avril, Williams and others) which I like because obviously we won't get all of them but showing interest makes me think we'll get a handful of great additions with about 2 or 3 big names and about 2 valuable players to our roster. Me likey 

It's exciting, but all it takes is one team who "really wants someone" to either take away a player that you want, or force you to overpay to get them. All the "big" free agents are usually overpaid, which is the last thing we need.

Personally I think it's smarter to sign multiple second tier players - find a guy that YOU think can develop to outplay his contract and who will be around for years. It's quality depth surrounding a few (preferably bargain priced, home grown) difference makers that wins championships. Jennings is coming off an injury, is 29, has only ever been seen working with the best QBs in the league, and is probably going to have teams offering him a lot more than Reggie got. Similarly Kruger is probably going to have someone offer him "Freeney" money, and he's just not worth it. MAYBE you overpay for a top guard because it's such a crying need, but I don't know about the rest.

F

As a little side note, a little upset the Seahawks and 49ers improved today because we play them this upcoming. Also, I know I shouldn't really care that much but Wilson's and Kaepernick's teams both get a little better and like it or not Luck and those 2 along with Griffin will be the faces of the NFL. I would just hope for there to be one and his name is Andrew Austen Luck.

I agree that the Seahawks and 49ers improved. The NFC west is going to be a fascinating division next year. I would point out, however, that by the time any of the QBs you mention are "the faces of the league", Boldin will have long since retired. They all have a lot to learn and a lot to prove.

And Harvin gets an awful lot of attention for a receiver who hasn't even hit 1,000 yards in a season, yet has been so annoying to management that they felt compelled to trade him. I understand that he can do a lot and that he's dynamic, but lets see how big his contract is (and what the Vikings get with the draft picks) because assuming that this is a great trade. There is an excellent chance that he will be overpaid, get injured, and then resume being a "problem" for the Seahawks just as he was in Minny. Any given game he may be the difference maker, but he's not the type of player that I'd want to build around.