Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts "chasing" OG's Vasquez and Levitre

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biased as I may be, where would a great OG rather go, Buffalo or Tennessee, who don't even have starting QBs and have been mediocre for years, or a team who just reloaded and went 11-5 to protect one of the great up-and-coming QBs in the league?

Oh, yeah, and the latter has the most $, too!

no rumors on tackles?

As of right now, no rumors so far.

Although there are some rumors that Colts could be looking at Texans CB Brice McCain. Jason Cole said a lot of 3-4 teams are looking at him and it would be hard to imagine the Colts to not be one of those teams.

I like these moves. As a qb you have a better chance if you have a clean pocket to throw out of. If you have pressure its better coming off the edge where you can step up and throw. How many times do we see a speed rush off the edge and the guy just go flying by the qb as he steps up and delivers. Its very hard to deliver the ball on time and accurate with a guy in your face and no room to step into your throw.

Don't get me wrong...I want a tackle too...but these guards would make me giddy.

If Levitre is a much better run blocker than Vasquez, we don`t want Vasquez.

Levitre does pull well I understand. Not good mano e mano.

Who is behind the curtain...

Just because Levitre is better it doesn't mean we don't want Vasquez.

If Levitre is a much better run blocker than Vasquez, we don`t want Vasquez.

Levitre does pull well I understand. Not good mano e mano.

Who is behind the curtain...

Both are very good run blockers but I believe Levitre is better in that category. As I said before, it would be a huge success to land one or maybe both players :)

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo

I really hope we can sign both! We would be set at the offensive guard spot for many years.

I don't think the inference is that we are trying to sign both. I believe Cole means that those teams ( Colts Titans , Bills) are trying to sign one of the top two guards. If you read it like most of you seem to , it would mean all 3 of those teams are trying to sign both guards. Don't you think it's as simple as they are talking to Levitre and Vasquez with the intention of landing one of the two ?

I don't think the inference is that we are trying to sign both. I believe Cole means that those teams ( Colts Titans , Bills) are trying to sign one of the top two guards. If you read it like most of you seem to , it would mean all 3 of those teams are trying to sign both guards. Don't you think it's as simple as they are talking to Levitre and Vasquez with the intention of landing one of the two ?

I think we have the cap to sign both though.

But why would ANYONE want to play with the Bills or Titans instead of the Colts??? That's a dumb decision to make imo

But why would ANYONE want to play with the Bills or Titans instead of the Colts??? That's a dumb decision to make imo

I know right! But if we are talking about colts verse the browns have to seriously think about that one, lol

Well there are a lot of players that only sign with teams based off of money. Doesn't matter is there good or not.

FYI, everyone- https://twitter.com/ChrisWesseling is a good place to check for updates on teams interest. His early guess is we land Vasquez. Also said we are going harder after Vasquez and he likes Vasquez better than Levitre.

Then I agree with him. I still don't see Levitre as a scheme fit and I don't believe for a second that Levitre is a better run blocker as somebody said earlier. He plays in a scheme that makes him look better as a run blocker but he would not be as good in a man system. I say were using Levitre to land Vasquez.

I know right! But if we are talking about colts verse the browns have to seriously think about that one, lol

Ok, ignore the cap space for a minute

Offense: Would you rather Andrew Luck as your QB or an unknown QB (Weeden isn't the locked in starter)

Defensive: Would you rather play with Veteran leaders like Mathis & Redding. Or would you rather a Defense that's good, but the offense doesn't reward you by scoring?

Browns don't compare to us either. haha

I think we have the cap to sign both though.

I'm sure that we do , I'm just trying to say that I don't think Cole's tweet infers that's our intention. I think if you have the money to upgrade the guard possition , you would talk to the two top guys.