Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Sweepstakes

Quantum88

Andrew Luck is considered the best quarterback prospect since Peyton. Obviously teams that are off to a bad start don't want to continue playing that way through the entire season, but it is possible. The following teams are off to 0-2 starts, but not all of them are playing badly. For instance, Miami and Carolina have both played fairly well, but have lost to very good teams. I have also tried to determine which team would draft Luck if they ended up with the pick. I personally don't think Indy stays on the list because I believe they will win 5-7 games. I think Seattle or KC ends up with the pick.

What do you think?

Team Record Luck

Miami 0-2 yes

Indy 0-2 maybe

KC 0-2 maybe

Minn 0-2 yes

Carolin 0-2 no

Seattle 0-2 yes

Luck would never come to Indy to sit for 4 years...

He may not have to. Manning is not 26 he's will be 36 next season and ya never know when the injury bug will bite again, espesially with an injury dealing with the neck. I sure don't hope for anything bad to happen to Manning, but he's at the age in an athletes career where you have to start thinking he's not gonna be on the field every game.

If we dont know (and you are right)

Then we better draft defensive help..

..and not waste the pick on a QB....that 1.) we dont know can excel

..and 2.) May never sign with us (o play for 4 years) because of who's under contract ahead of him..

Hopefully he ends up here. I could see him learning from possibly the best QB ever. Who knows if Manning will be able to handle 3-5 years. If we do draft him, we could definitely get plenty of draft picks or stud players for exchange. I would rather see a stud QB draft pick then a Def player that will fail like most recent def draft picks lately.

It was not my intent to imply that we draft Luck, unless it was clear that he would be playing in no more than 2-3 years. If we had the number 1 pick and Luck had entered the draft (remember, he is a redshirt junior), we would trade the pick to a quarterback desperate team for multiple picks that could help us strengthen several weak positions.