Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Bandwagon Is Unloading

presto123

We'll see just how fair weather all the Indianapolis fans are if this continues. Heck, I'm afraid next weeks game might end up being a home game for the Steelers. How many fans will unload their tix for the right price.(or wrong price?)lol I don't want it to get to the point where LOS is only half full but how many losses in a row will bring on that result. We might end up seeing just how fickle or not the fans are that haven't had to endure a losing team in so long. I heard on the News that the average ticket price has already fallen from $170 to $103 already.

We'll see just how fair weather all the Indianapolis fans are if this continues. Heck, I'm afraid next weeks game might end up being a home game for the Steelers. How many fans will unload their tix for the right price.(or wrong price?)lol I don't want it to get to the point where LOS is only half full but how many losses in a row will bring on that result. We might end up seeing just how fickle or not the fans are that haven't had to endure a losing team in so long. I heard on the News that the average ticket price has already fallen from $170 to $103 already.

Saweet, be gone w/ em! =)

We'll see them all next year when we are rolling through our division again... Oh well.

When does Butler Basketball start again?

Just kidding! I've sat threw 3-13 seasons before with this team and even a 1-15 season. I am not going anywhere just because we might have our first down year in 10 years. We are beyond due. With that said you are going to see this bandwagon fill right back up next year when we have a healthy Manning, play a last place schedule and have some high draft picks (a real chance at two first round quality players) to address our needs and we are right back in the mix for a Super Bowl birth!

When does Butler Basketball start again?

Just kidding! I've sat threw 3-13 seasons before with this team and even a 1-15 season. I am not going anywhere just because we might have our first down year in 10 years. We are beyond due. With that said you are going to see this bandwagon fill right back up next year when we have a healthy Manning, play a last place schedule and have some high draft picks (a real chance at two first round quality players) to address our needs and we are right back in the mix for a Super Bowl birth!

I agree totally. I am just still amazed at those NFL cities that have bad teams and for the most part the fans still show up. Now that's die hard!

If we are a top 3 or 4 pick, based on trade value chart, we can swap 3 picks for 1 to trade up to No.1. Remember the Eli Manning for Philip Rivers trade, I don't want us giving up that much to move up from No.4 to No.1, and other GMs will fleece you if you are desperate.

However, if we are outside the top 3 or 4 pick but inside the top 10, I would gladly move down and see if we can get 2 first round picks for 1. That would be my perfect scenario and the team that beat us, the Cleveland Browns, I am rooting for them to pick outside the top 10 so that their 2 first round picks (their own and the one from the Falcons they got for Julio Jones) can both be ours if they are willing to move up and get someone they want.

I don't blame them. some people are adrenalin junkies. They like to watch just really well played games.

BUT, they are missing out on the ultimate 'Fan high'. There is not way they will ever feel the way long term fans felt when we finally won the SB.

The victory.........without the struggle before it, not the same.

Anyway, I don't have the time or the inclination to learn everything about another team.

The bandwagon as you call it doesn't exist. It's a childish term coined by children who seem to overuse it any time a fan shows frustration, disappointment, and/or anger.

While I agree that the term is overused, the bandwagon doesn't exist? There are plenty of people that claim to be fans of a team only when it is winning. That is why there are a lot less Patriot fans then there was in 2003. Same could be said about the Cowboys and 49ers. How about those Pacers?

I don't think you have to be a blind homer to be a fan. You can still criticize the team, management and coaches and still love your team. I have been a die hard fan since they arrived. Traded a Bears jersey for a Colt's jersey and never looked back, through thick and thin. But, make no mistake about it, I will be critical of the team. I will call a spade a spade. It doesn't make me any less a fan than anyone else cause I am not a pom-pom waiver or don't question stupidity when it staring you right in the face. Go and drink your blue cool-aide and think that this 2011 version of the Colt's are winners. Bad drafting and absolutely boneheaded personnel moves are kicking this team right in the apple sack.

While I agree that the term is overused, the bandwagon doesn't exist? There are plenty of people that claim to be fans of a team only when it is winning. That is why there are a lot less Patriot fans then there was in 2003. Same could be said about the Cowboys and 49ers. How about those Pacers?

But 25% of all NFL merchandise sold is Cowbowys. So I don't think that works in their case. Heard that on 60 Minutes last night during the talk with Jerry Jones. Flipping back and forth to the Eagles-Falcons game.

I was a fan during the bad years in Baltimore and the even worse ones in Indianapolis. Not going to change now. I had thought our record without Manning would have between 7 and 9 wins. I now think it will be between 5 and 7.

Thank you.

If a Colts fan has stuck with them thru the "Marty Domres and Art Shyster eras"...I'm pretty sure they're well-insulated from the bandwagon label, even when we register our disgust with the team's performance.

The bandwagon as you call it doesn't exist. It's a childish term coined by children who seem to overuse it any time a fan shows frustration, disappointment, and/or anger.

Sorry to tell you, but yes it does exist. Yes, it is overused and misapplied, but it is a real phenomenon.

There are many people that just like something because everyone else does. Some people hate to be left out, and even though they've said "the colts suck" for years, when they see that indeed the Colts don't suck and everyone has these cool jerseys, well they hop on and pretend they were always on. First sign of trouble, back off again. We've actually had many members show up here in the last few weeks denouncing their fandom and straight up saying they're off the bandwagon.

Calling someone a bandwagoner just because they see that this team is not good, well thats lame, because this team isn't very good. Maybe they can make themselves better through the course of the season, but as of now, they aren't very good. Actually, they've been playing between suck and clueless.

Good riddance to the bandwagon fans. Teams know this happens, it's part of the marketing. Of the bandwagon fans they know about 20-25% will become die-hard fans, that is how you build a base. The only things that really bother me about this situations is; one, when the bandwagon fans start acting like they know what the team should have done and should do now that they are in this situation when they don't have a clue and then the die-hard fans that are critical of the team but yet they wouldn't know and out pattern vs a hook. Being critical of the team is fine, but one should know what they are talking about before they do it.

I will go on record right now and say... One, the Colts are going to beat the Steelers this Sunday and two the Colts will still finish 9-7 or better.

Sorry to tell you, but yes it does exist. Yes, it is overused and misapplied, but it is a real phenomenon.

There are many people that just like something because everyone else does. Some people hate to be left out, and even though they've said "the colts suck" for years, when they see that indeed the Colts don't suck and everyone has these cool jerseys, well they hop on and pretend they were always on. First sign of trouble, back off again. We've actually had many members show up here in the last few weeks denouncing their fandom and straight up saying they're off the bandwagon.

Calling someone a bandwagoner just because they see that this team is not good, well thats lame, because this team isn't very good. Maybe they can make themselves better through the course of the season, but as of now, they aren't very good. Actually, they've been playing between suck and clueless.

I agree 100%. There is nothing wrong with being critical of your team. There is a difference with being on the bandwagon and being a true fan pointing out problem spots with your team. If you think everything about this team right now is all roses and sunshine then you are being delusional.

I saw a survey, that asked colts fans if manning didn't return, would you still follow the colts. 27% of the people polled siad they wouldn't continue to follow the colts. That is alot of fans jumping ship.

That's because they're all Manning fans, and he just happens to play for the Colts.

I'm a Colts fan, and Peyton is our QB.

27% IS a big chunk, but I always question polls, until I know where, when, by whom it was taken, and how big the sample is.

Though I'd expect this could be fairly accurate, not knowing who our next 'franchise' player could be.

I have been a Colt Fan since 1968 and I survived the lean times in the 70's,80's,and early 90's. This looks like a losing year, but we have too much talent to just to fold our tents. Indy Fans please don't sell those Tix especially to Pittsburgh Fans. I don't want to watch Sunday night (and I will be watching every minute of it)and see a sea of Black in Gold when it should be Colt Blue and White.

I don't think you have to be a blind homer to be a fan. You can still criticize the team, management and coaches and still love your team. I have been a die hard fan since they arrived. Traded a Bears jersey for a Colt's jersey and never looked back, through thick and thin. But, make no mistake about it, I will be critical of the team. I will call a spade a spade. It doesn't make me any less a fan than anyone else cause I am not a pom-pom waiver or don't question stupidity when it staring you right in the face. Go and drink your blue cool-aide and think that this 2011 version of the Colt's are winners. Bad drafting and absolutely boneheaded personnel moves are kicking this team right in the apple sack.

I agree. I'm a Colts fan, but I have no problem mentioning things that I think are wrong with the team. Being a fan doesn't mean being a blind supporter

I have been a Colt Fan since 1968 and I survived the lean times in the 70's,80's,and early 90's. This looks like a losing year, but we have too much talent to just to fold our tents. Indy Fans please don't sell those Tix especially to Pittsburgh Fans. I don't want to watch Sunday night (and I will be watching every minute of it)and see a sea of Black in Gold when it should be Colt Blue and White.

Went to Stub-hub and they are advertising 3,172 tickets left. We have tickets to the game and a Steeler fan told us he would give us what we gave for them (which at the time was considerably higher than what they are worth now)

My man said he would tear them up in front of him before he sold them to a Steeler fan. Gotta love that guy! :)

Prices are as low as $43.00 right now. Great time to catch a game if you've never been!

(Except that the Patriots have been sold out virtually since 1994. Just wanted to correct you there. Sorry, nothing else to add.)