Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Michael Vick's Concussion

ReMeDy

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/09/18/eagles-vick-suffers-concussion-in-loss-to-falcons/?module=HP11_breaking_news

First, I should start by saying this is why you don't take Michael Vick in fantasy leagues (yea I know, Foster, I'm sick). Michael Vick doesn't know how to take care of his body - we saw this happen when he flung himself at Polamalu in a meaningless preseason game. In this concussion, it wasn't necessarily Vick's fault, but something like this was bound to happen. I think Vick was concentrating too long down-field after the pass, and he simply wasn't paying attention to his landing.

Second, Vince Young is also out (all season?) with a hamstring injury, so now they're down to Mike Kafka. I'm a huge Kafka fan, and I believe he will have a strong showing, assuming Vick is out more than one game. As Austin Collie fans know, concussions are serious injuries, so I'll be shocked if Vick plays next week, but we'll see. Even if he can, it may be in the Eagles best interest to sit him one game - he's too expensive to risk.

Here's the kicker... Let's presume Vick is out an extended period of time, and Kafka comes in and performs phenomenally. All of a sudden, we might have another Vick vs. Kolb starter situation. Kafka will probably end up as the trade bait, but not if Vick keeps getting himself injured.

Anyways, it looks like some Atlanta fans were ecstatic to see Vick leave the field :(. There's some bad voodoo going down.

My buddy got Vick and Rodgers...he's been ripping our league apart for the first 2 weeks. I got Manning and Rivers, so now I'm playing musical chairs with that second QB spot after Rivers.

The Vick injury was just unlucky. If he had scrambled and gotten injured, you could say it was his fault. But all game, he stood in the pocket (behind a porous O-line) and made throws. He got hit in the pocket, not when scrambling. He was just unlucky.

I have Vick too, but I got Josh Freeman because I knew this would happen.

Not as brutal as my other fantasy team. I have Peyton Manning and Jamaal Charles on that one. :(

And yes, Kafka looked good last night. Why can't the Colts ever have a serviceable backup QB? They're 3rd stringer is better than our starter. :facepalm:

The guy in my league that has Vick took it on his chin last weekend. Vick suffered a concussion and JC tore his ACL.

Vick is your ultimate boom or bust type player. If the guy can stay relatively healthy he will win you your league, but he gets so banged up that it forces you to take a back up QB a bit to early. Though this year if you got someone like Fitzpatrick or Grossman real late you should be fine.

I tell you what tickes me off the most is I cannot put Manning on the IR on NFL.com, but yet you can put a player who is suspended on the IR spot. So now because it is a keeper league I am wasting a spot for Manning. Why couldn't the report about Manning's neck wait a few more days so my trade could have gone through.

It would not surprise me at all if behind closed doors there was a bounty on Vick given the bad blood there by the city and the owner (yeah he might say he loves Vick and all the right things but you just know he was FUMING over the garbage time scores 2 years ago)

It would not surprise me at all if behind closed doors there was a bounty on Vick given the bad blood there by the city and the owner (yeah he might say he loves Vick and all the right things but you just know he was FUMING over the garbage time scores 2 years ago)

Not sure I follow you on this. Who was fuming over which garbage scores?

Arthur Blank didn't appreciate Michael Vick being inserted in mop-up duty and throwing for a score

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/16/report-blank-seethed-as-vick-scored-in-garbage-time-against-falcons/

Oh ok, I wasnt thinking of Blank. I thought you meant bad blood from Lurie. That's what confused me. Oddly enough, the Falcons fans loved it though. He got a lot of ovations during that 09 game.