Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lack Of Offensive Spirit

Albaby

Tell me if I'm crazy or something, but did it seem as though the offense was kind of half heartedly trying today. Then at the final seconds of the game they managed to get some momentum and play no-huddle offense. They literally pushed there way down field and willed that last TD by Clark. My question is: If they can muster enough momentum in the last few seconds for a TD drive, Why can't they play with that much intensity and speed throughout the rest of the game? They just proved that they can physically do it. Someone needs to light a fire under their butts! That's my opinion. Any comments?

I don't think they were half-hearted, I think they were trying to be methodical. It's probably a necessity under the circumstances and it didn't bother me. At least the running game showed some signs of life. If they had finished off a couple of those FG drives with TDs the game might have been very different.

The last two minutes looked more normal because that's how Peyton plays most of the time. That's one of the many things that Collins isn't able to replicate. If he were to try when the defense wasn't backing off and leaving everything open underneath, he would probably turn the ball over even more.

My question is: If they can muster enough momentum in the last few seconds for a TD drive, Why can't they play with that much intensity and speed throughout the rest of the game?

because opposing defenses lay down in garbage time. that's why its called garbage time.

please don't think we have some kind of spark or something, cause we don't.

If the colts played half heartedly they wouldnt have had success in the run. Main reason the colts were able to move down the field was becasue the secondary were playing it safe not allowing big plays. Linkenbach needs to be relieved of his duties and collins needs to let go of the ball much quicker and take care of the ball.

If the colts played half heartedly they wouldnt have had success in the run. Main reason the colts were able to move down the field was becasue the secondary were playing it safe not allowing big plays. Linkenbach needs to be relieved of his duties and collins needs to let go of the ball much quicker and take care of the ball.

very true!

Tell me if I'm crazy or something, but did it seem as though the offense was kind of half heartedly trying today. Then at the final seconds of the game they managed to get some momentum and play no-huddle offense. They literally pushed there way down field and willed that last TD by Clark. My question is: If they can muster enough momentum in the last few seconds for a TD drive, Why can't they play with that much intensity and speed throughout the rest of the game? They just proved that they can physically do it. Someone needs to light a fire under their butts! That's my opinion. Any comments?

The Colts TD was a garbage-time TD with the Browns not really caring - right? I wouldn't read more into it than that. In the years we were good, we gave up garbage-time TD's and Colts fans didn't get concerned about them. I do think the Colts will get "6-inches" better each week as Caldwell likes to say. What that "6-inches" per week gives us is unclear to me however.

I can't for the life of me explain what happened to Collie today - why was he so listless? Clark too.

Listless? Collie is returning from injury and doesn't have his timing down yet. Clark looked fine. Timing with QB will come with time. Time, however, we may not have with Pittsburgh coming in.

With Collins at Quarterback? Nobody on our team will believe. He is the exact opposite of a leader. He has the slowest release of any quarterback i've ever seen, he is terrible. I don't care what you say about him being on the team for less than a month... The guy can't play quarterback. I'm hoping that next week if the Colts are stupid enough to start Collins against Pitt, which they will.. That he gets hurt. It's Painter time.