Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Donald Brown?

John Waylon

Jamaal Charles has apparently torn an ACL. Thomas Jones isn't exactly a great option to start, so maybe we can get something out of Brown from a team with a need.

At this point I'd take a 4th or 5th round pick for him.

Make it happen, Bill!

Not too smart...to trade them a functional back a couple of weeks before we play them...

I'd keep Brown....again...his best game was our biggest game last season..

He came through when we needed him..

..and nothing in the first 2 weeks is his fault....Brown hasnt played a down..

What would we get in return? A hot dog vendor and a foam finger!

Tack on a couple Brewskies and it's a done deal.

Love the way the backs played today. I just wish Link wasn't horrendous and Collins didn't look like a washed up 38 yr old QB who was brought out of retirement. Delone seems like the real deal.

Not too smart...to trade them a functional back a couple of weeks before we play them...

That alone should tell you something...

Jamaal Charles has apparently torn an ACL. Thomas Jones isn't exactly a great option to start, so maybe we can get something out of Brown from a team with a need.

Make it happen, Bill!

i like the sound of this, but thats not gonna happen.

I want to laugh, but I'm just too horrified to.

Brown has had one good game.

Sometimes I forget one good game excuses a career filled with mediocrity, or worse off, less.

By the way, where is Kenton Kieth these days? He had a good game once. I mean surely after one good game he must be starting somewhere... How about Derek Anderson? He had a good Pro-Bowl season once... Surely he is already leading candidate for MVP, and already has a bust in his honor waiting to go into the hall in Canton?

:facepalm:

Make it happen, Bill!

Donald Brown is not that much better than a practice squad quality player. I can't imagine that a team would pay to get him.

I want to laugh, but I'm just too horrified to.

Brown has had one good game.

Sometimes I forget one good game excuses a career filled with mediocrity, or worse off, less.

By the way, where is Kenton Kieth these days? He had a good game once. I mean surely after one good game he must be starting somewhere... How about Derek Anderson? He had a good Pro-Bowl season once... Surely he is already leading candidate for MVP, and already has a bust in his honor waiting to go into the hall in Canton?

You are looking at this the wrong way John Waylon we need to get him an NFL team (other than the Colts of course) so we can trade Donald Brown :)

We lose 2 games and we want to trade a 2-year guy who hasnt played a down...this season..

I sense panic.

I never wanted him drafted in the first place but that's a whole other story...

There is a reason he hasn't played a down this season like Caldwell said it's a production issue, namely outside of one game he hasn't had any. Even in the pre-season when all the other backs on the roster were ripping off nice runs and all at least had one game where they averaged 4.0 YPC or more who was the only one woh didn't? Brown.

Now with that said I think trading Brown is a dream namely because no one is going to give us anything for him.

I guess it seems that when we lose...everyone is crap..and should all be fired.

2 games so far...

Its okay to be mad at Donald Brown if you have issues with him

but since he hasnt played a down isnt it somewhat irrelevant to our present situtation.. ??

I don't think he has anything to do with our present situation (other than that he should be another player that should have been our first round pick that year.) With that said it doesn't mean he doesn't stink.

I don't think he has anything to do with our present situation (other than that he should be another player that should have been our first round pick that year.) With that said it doesn't mean he doesn't stink.

123 yards and 2 TDs in the biggest game of last year....

He didnt stink that day....

Its odd he's so disliked....must be a horrible human being :rant:

Yeah one game in two plus years...if he didn't have the Jags game what would you point too? The second best game of his career was vs. the Giants last year when he carried it 16 times for 69 yards and one TD. He's had five games in his career where he went over 50 yards. Not exactly what you would like to see from a former first round pick. Like Caldwell said there is a reason he's not seeing the field it's a production issue namely the lack of it from Brown.

Also I don't think anyone said a word about him being a horrible human being so why don't you try not to pretend like any of us did.

Make it happen, Bill!

Most of the "trade so and so" are pretty lame but this would be a win-win, IMO. Colts would free up a roster spot so they can move Diem back to RT, Pollack at RG and then sign another guard as a back-up. Kansas City would get a good back and Brown would go to a team where the blocking is a better fit for his running style. Maybe the Colts can get really lucky and trade Brown and Link for rookie guard Hudson.

Don't read into things too much. Many people on this forum act that if a player is not a probowler his rookie season then he's a bust.

In the case of Brown though it is lack of production. Last year Addai and Hart both averaged 4.3 yards per carry. Brown averaged 3.9. In preseason all the backs averaged over 4.5 yards per carry, Brown was around 2.5.

Unlike many, I don't think Brown is a bad runner, I don't think he is a good fit for a zone blocking offensive line because he is not good at anticipating where the hole will open and he's not good at getting there when it does open. He is a gap runner... meaning he runs to a gap, if there is a hole there he will hit it and he is great at the 2nd level and has the speed to take it the distance once there. If the hole is not there he falls for a gain of 2 or less. Both Addai and Carter (and Hart last year) are (were) better at waiting for a hole to develop and then hitting the hole fast.

The run blocking has not really been better this year than last year but the backs are more productive with it, in large part because it's Addai and Carter rather than Addai and Brown.

omg_RE_Leaving_Sharenator-s450x446-67300-580.jpg

ONE GOOD GAME?

No way!

You're kidding me!

There's NO way. Just no way. No one has ever had ONE GOOD GAME in the 2 full seasons in the NFL. That just doesn't happen. It's metaphysically impossible. Usually players have ONE GOOD GAME once in their career, and it's usually late in their career. Peyton STILL hasn't had one.

Someone create a golden statue of Brown, we need to get down and start bowing. He had a good game once.

WHO ELSE DOES THAT?!

I seriously wish I were willfully ignorant enough to ignore all those runs he gained 0 or less yards on in the pre-season, all the runs he made last year for less than 2 yards, and most for negative yards, all the poor pass blocks he's attempted to make, or all the other stuff he hasn't done, but I'm just not. I'm a realist.

Anyone in the NFL can have ONE GOOD GAME. JaMarcuss Russell had one. Kenton Keith had one. Steve Slaton had one. Jake Delhomme had one. Demarius Thomas had one. Curtis Painter had one. Reggie Bush had one. There is a literally endless list of players who have had ONE GOOD GAME. But the simple fact is ONE GOOD GAME doesn't make a player good.

omg_RE_Leaving_Sharenator-s450x446-67300-580.jpg

ONE GOOD GAME?

No way!

You're kidding me!

There's NO way. Just no way. No one has ever had ONE GOOD GAME in the 2 full seasons in the NFL. That just doesn't happen. It's metaphysically impossible. Usually players have ONE GOOD GAME once in their career, and it's usually late in their career. Peyton STILL hasn't had one.

Someone create a golden statue of Brown, we need to get down and start bowing. He had a good game once.

WHO ELSE DOES THAT?!

I seriously wish I were willfully ignorant enough to ignore all those runs he gained 0 or less yards on in the pre-season, all the runs he made last year for less than 2 yards, and most for negative yards, all the poor pass blocks he's attempted to make, or all the other stuff he hasn't done, but I'm just not. I'm a realist.

Anyone in the NFL can have ONE GOOD GAME. JaMarcuss Russell had one. Kenton Keith had one. Steve Slaton had one. Jake Delhomme had one. Demarius Thomas had one. Curtis Painter had one. Reggie Bush had one. There is a literally endless list of players who have had ONE GOOD GAME. But the simple fact is ONE GOOD GAME doesn't make a player good.

I think Jamarcus Russell had 2-3 good games, lol!!!!!!

I feel ya, that's why we got Delone Carters beastly butt playing 2nd now, he looks solid. Kid hopefully will turn out being very good someday. Colts will probably get rid of Delone Carter and keep Donald Brown for some odd reason :facepalm:

I think Jamarcus Russell had 2-3 good games, lol!!!!!!

WHY THEN HAVE WE NOT SIGNED HIM?! DEAR GOD, SOMEONE CALL BILL POLIAN!

Seriously, if ONE GOOD GAME is reason enough to remain on the roster despite 31 other mediocre and awful games it makes no sense for us NO to have Russell on the roster!

What is the meaning of this travesty?!

Wonder if Glenn Dorsey would be available? I think he's in the wrong system.

That's not impossible. They've been pretty let-down in him, so it could be a enticing deal for both sides. Each side trades away a player who hasn't lived up to his billing for a player who might turn it on in their system.