Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Mvp Every Year!

ColtsHoosiersBB

If anything we have learned with these first two games, is that no one player is more

important to his club than Manning is to the Colts. We lost to a team that had a starting QB that I have never heard of and a defense that is in it's first year in a 4/3 defensive

scheme.

This was one of the few winnable games without a Manning led team and was still pummeled at

at home.This is a 10-6 team at worst with a healthy Manning but will be very lucky to notch

one or two victories without him.

If Manning comes back healthy next year, just automatically give him his MVP trophy.

If anything we have learned with these first two games, is that no one player is more

important to his club than Manning is to the Colts. We lost to a team that had a starting QB that I have never heard of and a defense that is in it's first year in a 4/3 defensive

scheme.

This was one of the few winnable games without a Manning led team and was still pummeled at

at home.This is a 10-6 team at worst with a healthy Manning but will be very lucky to notch

If Manning comes back healthy next year, just automatically give him his MVP trophy.

I'm still convinced it is renamed the "Most Valuable Manning".

I said it last week and was harassed for saying it. This teams pizz poor without Manning. Coaches, defense, offense, special teams. Period. Sickening.

Actually even WITH him the TEAM still sucks..his level of play could help cover up a black hole.

In spite of having a "good scoring defense" it's painfully obvious we've NEVER actually had a reliable/good D. (Aside from the 2006 playoffs when they showed up for once. Plus there was the game against the Browns a few years back they won for us.)

Any way, when you get run on 200 yards a game and teams march down the field to chew the clock/keep 18 off the field well ZOINK! Insta Low scoring D at the cost of sucking beyond belief. It's the players as well as the scheme.

Special teams? Laughable. Flat out embarassing even since I can remember.

We USED to have a good O-line and run game because of it. On top of a superior passing attack to what we have today. Unfortunately, from around 2006 on the O has gotten worse every season. We don't have a Marv, Reggie in their primes. We can't block. We don't have EJ.

Coaches? HA!

Substantial...SUBSTANTIAL...overhaul is needed. You can't make the excuse : "Well..duh..because Manning isn't here the rest of the team isn't to blame." I'm sorry, but because the scheme, coaches, and overall team stink to high heaven you don't ignore it and wait on Captain Carry to return and hoist you to heights better than you are. YOU BUILD A SOLID TEAM AND STAFF that can be competitive or even very good/great without him.

(See NE or PIT without Brady/Roethlisberger) And WITH him you can win...wait for it..CHAMPIONSHIPS!

/end rant

The Manning vs Brady argument is OVER.

10+ Secs to throw, step up, have 10 more secs + Great team + Great coach/has fallen apart in the last 3 playoff appearances in spite of all that. The team isn't complete/is much less likely to win a championship without him, but it's still possible with a decent QB.

VS

2 Secs to throw (if lucky) Nowhere to go. No D. No O-line. No run game. No special teams. No coach. Potential one or two win team to annual playoff contender?

There has never realistically been any thing to debate. Our team without ONE player is terrible/bottom of the barrel and makes the playoffs every season. No other QB brings this team to the playoffs. Period. Let alone how many years in a row now?

scheme.

Or it could be that this year's Colts' team was going to be pretty mediocre, even with Manning. 10-6 last year, and I thought that the Colts did not improve much at all for this season. For the future, yes, with the two rookie O-linemen, but not for this season.

I predicted a 9-7 Colts' record for this year because, even with Manning, the pieces were not that strong.

The Manning vs Brady argument is OVER.

Uh huh. That's why Brady is doing things that Manning NEVER did. 500 yard game (never done); 500 yard game followed by a 400 yard game (never done).

Brady's TD:INT ratio last year: Manning has never come CLOSE to this one.

Sorry, for many outside of Indy, the debate HAS been long-over, but not in the way that Colt fans prefer.

Im a true Indianapolis colts fan bieng a fan since the colts moved to indiana AND I am ashamed of any colts fan that feels this way or think that since peyton is hurt and is probably out for the rest of the season that the colts are done and act like peyton is the whole team now dont get me wrong peyton is the greatest qb in the league and am am a big fan and glad we have him but i as a true colt fan that has followed this team thru good and bad seasons and knows alot about this team and football in general I am really disapointed in any realcolts fan that feels this way and it really tics me off when all these band wagon jumpers (fans as long as the colts are winning ) and peyton coattail riders (fans cause peyton is qb ) get on the real fans site and talk all this crap that the colts are done because peyton is injured assuming that there are no other Quality players on this team when in fact there are mutiple pro bowl players on this team 29 players in that locker room have been to the superbowl and alot of veterans on this team and even with todays loss i still believe that there is potential and hope with this team and i didnt mean any bad thoughts toward peyton I wish him well and hope that you feel better soon and cant wait to have you back when you feel able but dont risk everything over playing take as long as you need

Uh huh. That's why Brady is doing things that Manning NEVER did. 500 yard game (never done); 500 yard game followed by a 400 yard game (never done).

Brady's TD:INT ratio last year: Manning has never come CLOSE to this one.

Sorry, for many outside of Indy, the debate HAS been long-over, but not in the way that Colt fans prefer.

TD/INT ratio: Luck is just as much of a part of it as skill. How many passes were dropped/tipped/simply not held on to by opposing defenses during that span of consecutive passes without an INT? The fact he can stand like a statue and pick and choose all night long where to throw it doesn't hurt, either.

Give Manning 10-20 seconds to throw. The best coach in the game. The best O-line in the game. A solid D. Solid special teams. (With all of this, your run game would be astronomical with PM throwing as well as opponents would be scared pantsless of your passing game)

Do you think with all of that The Patriots would ever NOT win a Superbowl if Manning was QBing your team? Would he have panicked against the Giants pass rush and fell apart? Or would his ability to quickly make a decision and get rid of the ball won the game for you? The Jets? The Ravens?

Conversely, do you think the Colts even sniff the playoffs with Brady at QB? I can't think of a single Colts playoff loss where Brady would have led them to victory. Then again, I don't think they make the playoffs with Brady at all.

The guy who turns a bunch of 0-2 win bums in to annual contenders is better than the guy who turns an 11-5 team already contending without him to the next level.

I hate the Patriots. I loathe them. BUT, I admit they are 100000 times the team the Colts are.

I hate Brady. I loathe him. He's a very good/solid QB. I'm sorry, but he is NOT as good as Peyton Manning. I would gladly trade Manning for a team which doesn't blow, but that's not possible.

Im a true Indianapolis colts fan bieng a fan since the colts moved to indiana AND I am ashamed of any colts fan that feels this way or think that since peyton is hurt and is probably out for the rest of the season that the colts are done and act like peyton is the whole team now dont get me wrong peyton is the greatest qb in the league and am am a big fan and glad we have him but i as a true colt fan that has followed this team thru good and bad seasons and knows alot about this team and football in general I am really disapointed in any realcolts fan that feels this way and it really tics me off when all these band wagon jumpers (fans as long as the colts are winning ) and peyton coattail riders (fans cause peyton is qb ) get on the real fans site and talk all this crap that the colts are done because peyton is injured assuming that there are no other Quality players on this team when in fact there are mutiple pro bowl players on this team 29 players in that locker room have been to the superbowl and alot of veterans on this team and even with todays loss i still believe that there is potential and hope with this team and i didnt mean any bad thoughts toward peyton I wish him well and hope that you feel better soon and cant wait to have you back when you feel able but dont risk everything over playing take as long as you need

Here we go again,this team is not very good right now.I never said i would stop rooting for them but i will tell it like it is.I have been thru the 1-15's so i am battle tested.Because you can not be realistic and honestly critique this team makes you illogical.Don't stop rooting but stop ripping fans who can put the pom-pom's down and give a fair breakdown on this team.P.S would it kill you to use some periods and commas?

10+ Secs to throw, step up, have 10 more secs + Great team + Great coach/has fallen apart in the last 3 playoff appearances in spite of all that. The team isn't complete/is much less likely to win a championship without him, but it's still possible with a decent QB.

VS

2 Secs to throw (if lucky) Nowhere to go. No D. No O-line. No run game. No special teams. No coach. Potential one or two win team to annual playoff contender?

There has never realistically been any thing to debate. Our team without ONE player is terrible/bottom of the barrel and makes the playoffs every season. No other QB brings this team to the playoffs. Period. Let alone how many years in a row now?

perfect example of coattail rider see my post

perfect example of coattail rider see my post

Really? You don't think a 2-14 team sucks? How about a winless team? You might just see it if we don't beat KC or the Bengals.

Tell me again about how this team "has too much talent" to go 8-8 or maybe make the playoffs even without our starting QB. I suppose the coaches will devise some brilliant gameplan to help us reach new heights?

Does it involve Linkenbach getting consistently beat like a turnstile, and still seeing the field?

How about Lacey and our brilliant Tampa 2? Playing 10 yards in front of the receiver...leading to 6-8 UNCONTESTED yards per chunk?

Our special teams that have been easily among the worst/flat out THE worst in the league the past decade? Aside from arguably the Chargers last season?

Does it involve a scheme based around a pass rush/premier DE's who get gimped every play? Rather than go with a more sensible scheme, we build around a gimped position in a QB pass happy league?

How about those quality draft choices, particularly the #1's, of the past 4-5 seasons?

Those outstanding FA pickups? Oh wait...

Go on, tell me about how good this team really is. WAKE UP!

You want to cheer the team on? Have faith? ABSOLUTELY great! I, too, would love for the front office to step up and assemble a competent squad that can win without ONE player doing the lion's share of carrying. Sadly, it's impossible to do in one season with the massive level of FAIL we currently have.

Being a fan is great...blind homerism...whatever. Heaven forbid though I and others would expect some mild standard level of performance for an NFL (in theory) well paid, team of players.

ViriLudent, Manning could take this team to the playoffs, Brady couldn't. End of argument.

Oh...that's the end of the argument? Not that it's even worth it, but how is it that Colts fans always know things like this? I've never seen a collective group that is so sure of something, yet the only case they can seem to make to prove it is based on wild speculation.

Oh...that's the end of the argument? Not that it's even worth it, but how is it that Colts fans always know things like this? I've never seen a collective group that is so sure of something, yet the only case they can seem to make to prove it is based on wild speculation.

Well you guys won 11 games with cassel,possible proof that your more than a one man team.We will see where we end up.

Well you guys won 11 games with cassel,possible proof that your more than a one man team.We will see where we end up.

You do realize that the Patriots won 18 games the season before, right?

SO that was a 7 game drop off.

In other words, if the Colts win 3 games this year, they're at the same level as the Patriots were when they lost Brady.

2007 Patriots: 18-1.

2008 Patriots: 11-5.

7 game swing.

2010 Colts: 10-6

2011 Colts: 0-2 so far.

Not only that, but the 2008 Patriots played the softest, easiest schedule in the NFL that season. They did not win ONE game against a playoff-caliber team.

Take Brady off the Patriots team and they still win games, it has been proven, ala Cassel.

The Colts will win maybe a few of their games this year, at best. Manning has taken lousy

teams to the playoffs, year in and year out.

Brady has been a piece to really good Patriot teams, not THE piece, like Manning has been

to the Colts.

With a great team and the best coach in the game, Brady's talent gives the Pats another 2-3 wins per season plus a good shot at the SB. A team that, if not for Cassel's break in period, would have won another 2-3 games and been in the playoffs even without him. Even so, this great team hasn't won in over half a decade.

With a terrible team and no coach to speak of, Manning's talent gives the Colts 12-14 wins per season plus a decent shot at the SB. On the rare occasion he had 2/3 of a complete team ONLY in the 2006 playoffs the Colts won the SB. If the D played like it did in the regular season it would have been the same ending as every other season. For one anomalous stretch of time the Colts D showed up to help the offense out and even did the majority of the work in the first two games.

Reverse the roles, what does Manning do with an already great team? Coach?

What does Brady do with a terrible team? Coach?

It's all hypothetical, of course. Nobody knows for certain, but you can certainly draw a very likely outcome.

Yeah...your back up is garbage and wasn't even IN football a month ago. The point is that noone knows how the colts would have been this year with Peyton... For all we know they'd be struggling with him too...so making any claim about who would do what and how it would be different is pure speculation and a tough sell

Yeah...your back up is garbage and wasn't even IN football a month ago. The point is that noone knows how the colts would have been this year with Peyton... For all we know they'd be struggling with him too...so making any claim about who would do what and how it would be different is pure speculation and a tough sell

Yes,up to this point he has been garbage.I believe he lead the titans to a great record?yea right.

Yes,up to this point he has been garbage.I believe he lead the titans to a hot 0-11 start or something.

Someone mentioned a while ago about how good Collins was what with getting the Titans to 11 wins in a row. (Or whatever it was, a few years back)

I mentioned, "We're not the Titans."

I was met with, "No, we're the Colts! We're better than them!" Rah rah rah....

Yeah sure looks that way. >_>

And it's 11 time MVP, actually. The only time he hasn't been/won't be MVP are his rookie year and this season since he probably won't be playing.

He only has four awards to show for it, though.

Peyton most likely won't even play this season and still we have to harp on how he should be MVP this and that because this Colts team is so lousy without him. Peyton isn't even playing right now and might not even see the field this year. Meanwhile guys like Brady, Rodgers, Vick, Brees continue to light it up. So give it rest already. Our guy shouldn't and won't be MVP this year even if the Colts lose all 16 games without him. He's got 4 MVP's already so he isn't exactly hurting for these. Give others their due when warranted. This kind of stuff makes some Colts fans look ridiculous.

Take Brady off the Patriots team and they still win games, it has been proven, ala Cassel.

The Colts will win maybe a few of their games this year, at best. Manning has taken lousy

teams to the playoffs, year in and year out.

Brady has been a piece to really good Patriot teams, not THE piece, like Manning has been

to the Colts.

Oh dear god.

Did no one read my post up above?

The Patriots' record dropped by SEVEN GAMES in '08 without Brady.

If the Colts' record was similar, their record this year will be 3-13.

In other words, if the Colts win 3 games this year, then losing Peyton will have the same impact on the Colts as losing Brady did for the Patriots.

Or are we conveniently ignoring this argument?

The worst thing is that I truly believe aside from QB and RT that this Colts team is BETTER than last season especially now with a healthy Clark and Collie.

It's good to hear Manning is doing everything he can. Hopefully the Colts can pull off two wins at least so he has something to come back to mid season otherwise he may as well sit it out.

With a great team and the best coach in the game, Brady's talent gives the Pats another 2-3 wins per season plus a good shot at the SB. A team that, if not for Cassel's break in period, would have won another 2-3 games and been in the playoffs even without him. Even so, this great team hasn't won in over half a decade.

With a terrible team and no coach to speak of, Manning's talent gives the Colts 12-14 wins per season plus a decent shot at the SB. On the rare occasion he had 2/3 of a complete team ONLY in the 2006 playoffs the Colts won the SB. If the D played like it did in the regular season it would have been the same ending as every other season. For one anomalous stretch of time the Colts D showed up to help the offense out and even did the majority of the work in the first two games.

Reverse the roles, what does Manning do with an already great team? Coach?

What does Brady do with a terrible team? Coach?

It's all hypothetical, of course. Nobody knows for certain, but you can certainly draw a very likely outcome.

False, Moose. Completely false.

'07 Patriots: 18-1.

'08 Patriots: 11-5.

That's a 7 game difference, not 2-3.

Nice try.

Matt Cassell went 11-5 in 2008 with the Pats and went 10-5 with the Chiefs in 2010 . . . so what is the point you are trying to make ???

are you trying to say that TB is surrounding by the talent level of the perrenial 5-11 chiefs???

let me know what your point is so we can engage in a conversation on the matter . . .

False, Moose. Completely false.

'07 Patriots: 18-1.

'08 Patriots: 11-5.

That's a 7 game difference, not 2-3.

Nice try.

Read it again. Here, I even highlighted it for you.