Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our Defense Played Well Enough

oldunclemark

In thought the defense was good enough.....we got a couple of sacks and a fumble..

Our corners are soft but the run defense was good most of the time...

We dropped an interception but, overall.... withiut Brackett...it was not bad.

The offense....well....what can I say?

You speak the 100% truth, but people will not see logic today. All they see is blood. They'll fail to disregard we held them to under 4YPC and forced fumbles and a turnover. Fail to acknowledge Bethea + Conner + Wheeler were hitting like missles. Not all, but some stragglers just want blood. It was on Lacey, and to an extent with HORRIBLE tackling, Bullit. The other 9 played solid (even the other two rotationals, including Brayton, played well). When your QB couldn't move around in the pocket if he was floating on air, you're in trouble. When he has ten seconds to throw a ball at times and either a.) Misses a WR that is open or b.) Takes a sack instead of throwing it away... well, long season!

Positive: Love the running game.

The Colts defense was average at best against a very mediocre offense. Period.

Yess peyton hillis is average :loco: the colts handeled him well. The browns are known for running the ball and they are good at it, and the colts kept them in check so yea id say yea the D was pretty good... if you can stop a 6'2 250lb back you can stop any other back in the nfl.

They were playing the CLEVELAND BROWNS.

They should look good against them. Everyone else does.

True Blue...But we were short our middle linebacker and defensive leader..against an all pro back.

Brackett might have stoped hillis a few times..

We gave up 27 points...

..We should have won...we turned at least 3 GOOD TDs chances into field goals...

...Collins is still misfiring with his receivers..and he will for a while longer.

How long?

Wish I knew.

In thought the defense was good enough.....we got a couple of sacks and a fumble..

Our corners are soft but the run defense was good most of the time...

We dropped an interception but, overall.... withiut Brackett...it was not bad.

The offense....well....what can I say?

Indy played against Colt McCoy and 2 WR's named? who... and they got beat. Fairly soundly. If not for the turnovers this could have been real ugly.

the Colts had their chances early and did nothing with them and settled for FG's. The Browns got TD's.

The Steelers will drill this team. KC is the one game Indy better win. If not, we may be in the running for another first overall draft pick.

The D is the problem in my opinion. Among other things.

You speak the 100% truth, but people will not see logic today. All they see is blood. They'll fail to disregard we held them to under 4YPC and forced fumbles and a turnover. Fail to acknowledge Bethea + Conner + Wheeler were hitting like missles. Not all, but some stragglers just want blood. It was on Lacey, and to an extent with HORRIBLE tackling, Bullit. The other 9 played solid (even the other two rotationals, including Brayton, played well). When your QB couldn't move around in the pocket if he was floating on air, you're in trouble. When he has ten seconds to throw a ball at times and either a.) Misses a WR that is open or b.) Takes a sack instead of throwing it away... well, long season!

Positive: Love the running game.

This is kind of the point though why people are giving up. The defense for the most part did play ok. The pass defense was still terrible but the run defense was pretty good. The fact that they played about as well as they are going to and still lost to one of the worst teams in football is not a good omen.

Yess peyton hillis is average :loco: the colts handeled him well. The browns are known for running the ball and they are good at it, and the colts kept them in check so yea id say yea the D was pretty good... if you can stop a 6'2 250lb back you can stop any other back in the nfl.

Yea. the Browns have a mediocre off. Hillis or not. And no we didnt 'handle him well' he ran a 15+yd GW dagger into the endzone. He also finished with 117 total yards and 2 touchdowns. Please explain to me how that is handled.

Indy played against Colt McCoy and 2 WR's named? who... and they got beat. Fairly soundly. If not for the turnovers this could have been real ugly.

the Colts had their chances early and did nothing with them and settled for FG's. The Browns got TD's.

The Steelers will drill this team. KC is the one game Indy better win. If not, we may be in the running for another first overall draft pick.

The D is the problem in my opinion. Among other things.

how does the first lead to the second?

Yea. the Browns have a mediocre off. Hillis or not. And no we didnt 'handle him well' he ran a 15+yd GW dagger into the endzone. He also finished with 117 total yards and 2 touchdowns. Please explain to me how that is handled.

The browns can run the ball!!! mediocre or not. and that 15yd td would have never happened if bullit would have tackled him which he should have there was no excuse for that and your wrong...

he finished with 27 carries for 94yds... that equates to 3.4yds a carry so if you exclude the 15yd run and its lower... so there's your explanation.

We gave up 27 points to an offense lead by Colt McCoy and Mohamed Massoqoi. I just fail to see how that isn't a bad performance.

did you watch the game at all man? there are some things the defense cant control like a int by your QB or a 52yd return by the PR.

Hillis is pretty good, Trav

..and that O-Tackle..and their Kick return guy ....I'll take those guys right now.

We were better in week 2 than in week one....

...Dont write off the Pittsburgh game just yet..Their offense has not been great...

we'll be at home...and we'll be desperate...

The browns can run the ball!!! mediocre or not. and that 15yd td would have never happened if bullit would have tackled him which he should have there was no excuse for that and your wrong...

he finished with 27 carries for 94yds... that equates to 3.4yds a carry so if you exclude the 15yd run and its lower... so there's your explanation.

Im wrong? We just had 27 points rung up on us at home by the Browns... The Browns RB whom you claim we 'handled' had 117 total yards and 2 tds. Fact. If you consider 117yds and 2tds a being handled you, my friend, are the one who is wrong. No two ways about it. Your if and but scenerios have no bearing, the game was played, the outcome is set. It was a pee poor performance.

Im wrong? We just had 27 points rung up on us at home by the Browns... The Browns RB whom you claim we 'handled' had 117 total yards and 2 tds. Fact. If you consider 117yds and 2tds a being handled you, my friend, are the one who is wrong. No two ways about it. Your if and but scenerios have no bearing, the game was played, the outcome is set. It was a pee poor performance.

Its called field position smart one, a defense can stop a team for only so long. the defense performed well dont matter what you say, you sound like you have tunnel vision so its kinda pointless now.

Its called field position smart one, a defense can stop a team for only so long. the defense performed well dont matter what you say, you sound like you have tunnel vision so its kinda pointless now.

Wow bro. " the defense performed well don't matter what you say, you sound like you have tunnel vision..."........solid gold.

10 of the browns points came when they got the ball inside of our 30. Just like last week 14 of houstons points came when they got the ball inside our 20 and another 7 on the punt return.

peyton hillis had less than 100 yards on less than 4.0 yards a carry. that is really good, especially since 15 came on one run.

Here ya go Smitto,

Browns starting positions all on there side of the field. 20,28,45,20,20,22,33,26,28.

Our side of the field. 21,14. Both resulted in FG. Then the hillis dagger.

You take those two field goals away and whats the score? in the first half it was punt punt punt TD... the defense held their own but cause of the offense they had to try to hold up more they they can.. and i take back the 15 yarder it was 24yd run... if that didnt happen and it shouldnt have, his avg would have been down big time... the colts handled the running game.

You take those two field goals away and whats the score? in the first half it was punt punt punt TD... the defense held their own but cause of the offense they had to try to hold up more they they can.. and i take back the 15 yarder it was 24yd run... if that didnt happen and it shouldnt have, his avg would have been down big time... the colts handled the running game.

Take away our garbage time TD and the score is the same. Whats your point about taking away the FGs? The running game wasn't 'handled' if there RB had 117yds and 2tds regardless of how you spin it. Pitt vs Seahawks. 30rush yards. Handled. The defense played AVERAGE, at best. Period.

Take away our garbage time TD and the score is the same. Whats your point about taking away the FGs? The running game wasn't 'handled' if there RB had 117yds and 2tds regardless of how you spin it. Pitt vs Seahawks. 30rush yards. Handled. The defense played AVERAGE, at best. Period.

3.4yds a carry mate!! it is handeled, and its 97yds rushing not 117.

And 12 rushes from 3 different players for 30yds is not the same thing... your looking at yards when your suppose to be looking at the average per run.... so the colts handled him well.