Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots Vs Chargers

Blue Horseshoe

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good god, Brady still getting 340 million years to throw the ball. He can just take the snap and just stand there like a statue and never have to fear of being pressured.

This guy can train siberian tigers, learn a new foreign language, and take a cooking class while waiting for someone to get open.

I love coming in every year and hearing you whine about Brady, his protection, and the refs in an effort to discredit him.

Good game so far, but far from over.

98% of his snaps he can just stand there and freeze and look over the field, and then a little shift from him can buy him like 10 extra seconds.

And for the love of god Chargers, quit choking in the red zone...

98% of his snaps he can just stand there and freeze and look over the field, and then a little shift from him can buy him like 10 extra seconds.

And for the love of god Chargers, quit choking in the red zone...

And you've complained about it for the past 2 seasons week in and week out. You'd think maybe you'd get tired of it. Or perhaps balance out all the undue criticism of Brady with some fair analysis, but whatever.

Only allowed 3 posts per day and this is my last, but I'll stick around for this week's analysis about how the other team's QB outplayed Brady and the Patriots were fortunate to get a win. lol

Where's our old buddy Bob Sanders? Did he even play?

Patriots whooped 'em something fierce, nothing new.

NFL circle of ownage strikes again. The game was called just fine as far as I can tell. If anything the Pats had a few nonsense penalties against them.

Patriots beat Chargers

Chargers beat Colts

Colts beat Broncos

Broncos beat Patriots

Homer aside that might be the best football game I've ever seen. To jump in and out of thato huddle at will was devasting.

Oh and the defense played good if anyone questions that. If you're Rivers are you going to want coming into the game completing 15 passes to your RBs (checkdowns) zero to Gates and except Jackson , catches to the WRs...if I'm NE I take that in this game anyday. Clearly a keep it in front of them game plan.

and oh 4 turnovers.

I was stunned at the offense's incredible execution/play calling/dynamics

Brady was remarkable and I don't mean that as a pats fan.

Homer aside that might be the best football game I've ever seen. To jump in and out of thato huddle at will was devasting.

Oh and the defense played good if anyone questions that. If you're Rivers are you going to want coming into the game completing 15 passes to your RBs (checkdowns) zero to Gates and except Jackson , catches to the WRs...if I'm NE I take that in this game anyday. Clearly a keep it in front of them game plan.

and oh 4 turnovers.

I was stunned at the offense's incredible execution/play calling/dynamics

Brady was remarkable and I don't mean that as a pats fan.

I disagree. I didn't find the Patriots' defense to be very good whatsoever.

Here's the thing:

3rd down defense killed the Patriots last year. The Chargers were, last I checked during the game, 11 out of 12 for converting 3rd downs.

Yes, turnovers were great, but the INTs were on Rivers. Brown's was solid, but the 1st wasn't.

The defense concerns me, because I don't find it a big improvement from last year. Our LBs can't cover right now; the RB should have been covered by a LB, and it rarely ever happened.

The D is a work in progress, but at this point, it's the big concern to me.

I disagree. I didn't find the Patriots' defense to be very good whatsoever.

Here's the thing:

3rd down defense killed the Patriots last year. The Chargers were, last I checked during the game, 11 out of 12 for converting 3rd downs.

Yes, turnovers were great, but the INTs were on Rivers. Brown's was solid, but the 1st wasn't.

The defense concerns me, because I don't find it a big improvement from last year. Our LBs can't cover right now; the RB should have been covered by a LB, and it rarely ever happened.

The D is a work in progress, but at this point, it's the big concern to me.

The defense is better than last year and this is the 2nd game. Chargers are elite top team and some argue Rivers right now the 2nd best QB.

Again they forced dump offs to the RBs. Keep it in front of them and wait for mistakes. Also if one looked close the D did make Rivers aware with a 4 man rush, hence the dumps. There was pressure despite lack of sacks.

yeah they got 3rd downs but where did it go from there? 10 drives and 7 netted 7 points. goal line stand? are you kidding me:)

I don't know how you stop that tall WR that snatched catches...they had coverage..3 men sometimes.

Other teams don't have that asset.

It's not great and the O will have to score but.......

oh and look at the depth..rotations.

Question was this team tough enough to outlast opponents at the end. So far yes. A patriot trademark.

My Chargers will be an "elite" team when we stop giving up the ball and shooting ourselves in the foot. NE played flawless and we gave them the ball 4 times. Can't win a game like that. Some games you "beat yourselves" and sometimes the other team makes you beat yourself - this game was the later. NE deserved this game though we could have and should have won it.

Rivers was really off today - the pressure was part of it, but he just wasn't himself also. Pretty rare when you're used to watching him play.

Thought Brady's knee was going to be a goner on that one play, that was one lucky escape for him. He had all the time in the world and when he didn't and we almost nailed him he made it work. Hats off to the better team on this day.

My Chargers will be an "elite" team when we stop giving up the ball and shooting ourselves in the foot. NE played flawless and we gave them the ball 4 times. Can't win a game like that. Some games you "beat yourselves" and sometimes the other team makes you beat yourself - this game was the later. NE deserved this game though we could have and should have won it.

Rivers was really off today - the pressure was part of it, but he just wasn't himself also. Pretty rare when you're used to watching him play.

Thought Brady's knee was going to be a goner on that one play, that was one lucky escape for him. He had all the time in the world and when he didn't and we almost nailed him he made it work. Hats off to the better team on this day.

You are smart for seeing the bolded part.

I think SD will be fine. Prolly see you in the playoffs. You came into the home opener of what appears to be an incredible NE offense. That quick switch to no huddle really hurts.

However that RB back going backwards is a no no in the NFL and I can see why Norv was ticked.

Rivers can sling it..make no mistake about it. He still made some nice throws today.

wrong.

4 turnovers.