Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does Luck get to 4500 yards next season?

UKColt13

67 members have voted

1. 1. Where does he get to in passing yards?

• 5000 - 4750
    • 4750 - 4500
    • 4500 - 4250
    • 4250 - 4000
    • 4000 - 3750
    • 3750 - 3500
    • Less than 3500

There is part of me that wants Luck to blow the league up with numbers, but sometimes all these yards means we are down in alot of games. We don't want Matthew Stafford numbers because we can't run the ball. So I hope for just over 4000 (similar to this year) with an even better running game!

It's an interesting question. Luck gained a lot of "chunk" yards in Arian's offense, and he threw the ball quite a bit. He will not gain those types of chunk yards this upcoming season-- I don't think-- and I don't expect the Colts to have to throw as much. However, Luck will be expected to have a higher completion percentage, which will make up for the loss of the chunk yards and even out the amoung of passing yards gained.

So, I expect Luck to have similar passing yards as he did this year, with more completions, more YAC from the receivers, and more TDs overall, with a decrease in INTs.

Yards doesnt make

It's an interesting question. Luck gained a lot of "chunk" yards in Arian's offense, and he threw the ball quite a bit. He will not gain those types of chunk yards this upcoming season-- I don't think-- and I don't expect the Colts to have to throw as much. However, Luck will be expected to have a higher completion percentage, which will make up for the loss of the chunk yards and even out the amoung of passing yards gained.

So, I expect Luck to have similar passing yards as he did this year, with more completions, more YAC from the receivers, and more TDs overall, with a decrease in INTs.

I like your assesment,the yds will take care of themself,and the things you mention are spot on

Top QBs are goimg to need to be near the 5,000-yard mark going forward..

5,000 is little more than 300 a game...something most quality QBs should do...

We're not going to win running the ball..

....Luck was actually on pace for 5,000 2/3 of the way through season....

Its not a bold prediction to say the Colts will pass for 5,000 yards next time

No.    I don't believe he'll get to 4500 yards....   at least, not next year.

Hopefully,  we'll be running the ball more, and more effectively....     and we won't be throwing the ball downfield as much.

So,  I think he gets over 4,000 yards....   but falls short of 4500.    It's just a number, and if he falls short of that, or of his total this year, it won't reflect a bad season by him....

I think in the years to come, Luck will hit 4500...   but I don't think it will happen in year two....

At first I voted for the 4500-4750 and then deleted that vote and re-voted and chose the same around what he got this year 4000-4250, because I want more RB running the ball after the Colts get a better o-line and I believe the 3 musketeers Pagano/Grigson/Irsay will get A.Luck that elite o-line in the same league of the top teams and that will open the holes and running the ball will be gain more yards with the same attempts and the more attempts I want and A.Luck will gain around 500 yards running himself so all in all more threats mean more yards by the back pedaling defenses, the fear of running from A.Luck and V.Ballard will get more running gains, but it all starts with a better o-line, if the line is the same the Colts could only match last season numbers...

Go Colts...

I don't know, but this offense with Hamilton is going to be way way better I believe. It fits his skills much better, which are the short pass game  specifically. It also will cut down significantly the hits he receives . Arians Offense was not ideally suited for him, more suited for a PM or a Kurt Warner type QB.

The only number that really means anything is the number of Ws at the end of the year.  I think he'll get close to (or surpass) what he did last year, but if he has a 2000 yard season and we win 12+ games I'll take it! I do worry about him dropping back 50 times a game and getting hit a lot.  He's a tough guy, but those hits add up over time.  A bit more in the running game would be nice, and it did show some signs of life last season with Ballard.