Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is It Just Me Or Are The "experts" Making Things

Jason_

Of first of all I want to clarify that I'm watching the game on delay. I always record the games on my dvr and start watching about an hour into it so I can skip through all the commercials. Right now I'm about halfway through the thrid quarter. So keep that in mind in case things have changed significantly in the late 3rd quarter up to where ever the game is now in real time.

During halftime, the only offensive highlight was the sack on Collins and talked about the Colts offensive line woes. They conveniently avoided showing any of the plays where Collins had adequate time to throw. Even the sack I would also put at least to some degree on the coverage. Yeah the DT for the Browns made a great move but Collins could have gotten rid of the ball if someone had been open and he didn't make the decision quickly enough to just throw it away so it wound up being a sack.

They also didn't mention the ypc average of Carter and Addai. Both so far have excellent ypc averages and are doing very well and the OL I would say has done a much better job of blocking for him.

They also during halftime and now so far through the 3rd quarter keep talking about Hillis and his powerful runs and tough yards but they have said nothing of the fact that he's averaging less than 3 ypc so far. And several of the yards he's gotten were simply because he's so powerful that he's able to get an extra couple of yards even when contacted by multiple defenders.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we've all of a sudden turned everything around and our OL and defense are perfect, but man it does kind of feel like they just want to make the Colts sound like they're horrible.

10 years of picking late and not picking well the last 4 years, a serious down grade in coaching and a failure to see any of this coming has come home to stay. "We dont need good players, only adaqate." " Colts dont need a defense, we will out score everyone".

Edited by 21isSuperman
Masked profanity does not cut it here and you know that, smarten up

Ya, we lost to the browns.

The Browns

He Browns

E Browns

Browns

...browns...

we just had to get collins

why are you blaming Collins? yeah he sucks but why blame only him?

the WHOLE team sucks!!!

no balls at all.

Look at Buffalo, 2-0 with garbage QB. They win as a team dude.

Stop blaming only Collins.

Of first of all I want to clarify that I'm watching the game on delay. I always record the games on my dvr and start watching about an hour into it so I can skip through all the commercials. Right now I'm about halfway through the thrid quarter. So keep that in mind in case things have changed significantly in the late 3rd quarter up to where ever the game is now in real time.

During halftime, the only offensive highlight was the sack on Collins and talked about the Colts offensive line woes. They conveniently avoided showing any of the plays where Collins had adequate time to throw. Even the sack I would also put at least to some degree on the coverage. Yeah the DT for the Browns made a great move but Collins could have gotten rid of the ball if someone had been open and he didn't make the decision quickly enough to just throw it away so it wound up being a sack.

They also didn't mention the ypc average of Carter and Addai. Both so far have excellent ypc averages and are doing very well and the OL I would say has done a much better job of blocking for him.

They also during halftime and now so far through the 3rd quarter keep talking about Hillis and his powerful runs and tough yards but they have said nothing of the fact that he's averaging less than 3 ypc so far. And several of the yards he's gotten were simply because he's so powerful that he's able to get an extra couple of yards even when contacted by multiple defenders.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we've all of a sudden turned everything around and our OL and defense are perfect, but man it does kind of feel like they just want to make the Colts sound like they're horrible.

The Whole Team doesn't suck, with open eyes, you can chalk this up here:

Collins

Lacey

Link

Bullit

All ST's coverage

Who on the defense played "bad" other than the above? I saw great things even out of WHEELER! WHEELER my friends, tackled and forced a fumble. Conner was out there thumping people. Bethea played possessed in that second half... they stopped the Browns play after play and gave our offense every chance not to stink it up. Joe ran the ball very well, Delone is just a man among boys. Reggie week in, week out, gets it done. I'm proud of Reggie because all we heard is, "He is on the decline, He is a system WR". I've seen a WR who will get open and dominate w/ Hellen Keller at QB. He is getting it done.

Last week our whole team sucked, this week there are some people who need their game checks taken away.

This was the CLEVELAND BROWNS. They will get blown out of almost every game and yet they completely dominated this football team.

It is a hollow shell and we are seeing just how much Peyton Manning has had to compensate for.

That's all I'm saying though, don't look at the points but look at it from a big picture.

We didn't get dominated on defense, at all. Yes, LACEY gave up 5, count them, 5 3RD DOWNS, by himself. We have a sheet and counted and I'm sure our fellow resident, Coffeedrinker, will verify this in his weekly video breakdown if it comes out this week. Bullit couldn't tackle if the guy played possum. But who else played "bad" on defense? We held Hillis to way under 4 YPC and out-rushed a RUNNING team.

Offense? When your RT can't block a toddler and your QB couldn't hit the ocean with a ball while sitting in the middle of a boat, you're going to fail to put up points. All Kerry will do is "manage". He cannot lead, cannot audible. He needs us to keep running for 120-130 ypg and only have to throw check-downs on 2nd and 3rd downs.

Reggie and Pierre dominated their corners today but were on the bad side of two horrible non-call PI's that could've and should've swung the game.

no the players dont suck we got some good players, none the less, but as a team we are the worst team in the league at the moment. hands down the worst.

but who cares, 1 season sucks, we get a 1st rounder and rebuild, at least we wont be like the browns where it takes 20 years to rebuild.

This was the CLEVELAND BROWNS. They will get blown out of almost every game and yet they completely dominated this football team.

It is a hollow shell and we are seeing just how much Peyton Manning has had to compensate for.

Losing to Cleveland sucks but it's not the end of the world. Colts fans are spoiled from having a leader and a winner like Peyton Manning but right now the Colts are just average--which is how most NFL fans live so why not just support the team when they need it the most?

They will get back on top.

Dude this team is horrible on both sides of the ball . The coaching staff is a joke . I feel sorry for the season ticket holders that paid big money to watch this crap for a whole year.We had many competitive seasons because we had the best qb to ever play the game but w/ o him we are pathetic.I also feel bad for guys like Freeney &Mathis who will have to play out this season knowing they will finish last in the league. They have nothing to play for the next 14 games.The only thing we can hope for is not to be beat embarrassingly every week. if we can't beat the browns ,ther's no one on the schedule we can beat other than the jags.They should keep 5 or 6 running backs & run every play,at least that will keep the clock going on the season.If we can get coach Cohwer over here & dick lebeau( can't spell their names)get Luck & draft better we might have a chance next few years.Boy , Orioles Colt fan in NY ,it's gonna suck between the Yankee & jet fans in my neighborhood.

why are you blaming Collins? yeah he sucks but why blame only him?

the WHOLE team sucks!!!

no balls at all.

Look at Buffalo, 2-0 with garbage QB. They win as a team dude.

Stop blaming only Collins.

Were you watching the same game I did bud

Our D played with fire, heck 14-12 is not that bad at the end of the third, but the wheels fell off in the 4th when Collins couldn't get 1 throw in

Link was bad, but Collins stil had snaps were it took him a good 10 years to throw

Ya, I'll blame it on Collins with a bit of Link and Christensen for playcalling

Our D played with fire, heck 14-12 is not that bad at the end of the third, but the wheels fell off when Collins couldn't get 1 throw in

Link was bad, but Collins stil had snaps were it took him a good 10 years to throw

You have my support.

Dude this team is horrible on both sides of the ball . The coaching staff is a joke . I feel sorry for the season ticket holders that paid big money to watch this crap for a whole year.We had many competitive seasons because we had the best qb to ever play the game but w/ o him we are pathetic.I also feel bad for guys like Freeney &Mathis who will have to play out this season knowing they will finish last in the league. They have nothing to play for the next 14 games.The only thing we can hope for is not to be beat embarrassingly every week. if we can't beat the browns ,ther's no one on the schedule we can beat other than the jags.They should keep 5 or 6 running backs & run every play,at least that will keep the clock going on the season.If we can get coach Cohwer over here & dick lebeau( can't spell their names)get Luck & draft better we might have a chance next few years.Boy , Orioles Colt fan in NY ,it's gonna suck between the Yankee & jet fans in my neighborhood.

i agree that it's gonna be hard to win games thisyear, really *in hard

but stop moaning, We get a bad QB, and our D isn't built to win games, but to seal them..

I thought the D did well from the most part and if you're proud of your team then you wouldn't give a dayum about the jet fans, just ask them when is the last time they've been to the superbowl....

It seems to me that we're just missing something. Dallas had two drops, and was only looked at a few times. The run game is much improved, but Clyde Christiansen doesn't seem to know when to switch it up. Our defense was up and down, wildly I might add.

So easy to close your eyes and see a different outcome. What is most alarming is this was at home against the Browns. I'm not throwing the Colts away for the year, but this is worse than I thought. I predicted we'd score 19 points. I did not think the Browns would cash in 27 points on us at home. Pretty sad state of things but lets not give up on 'em yet.

Our D played with fire, heck 14-12 is not that bad at the end of the third, but the wheels fell off in the 4th when Collins couldn't get 1 throw in

The defense was up and down to say the least, but I will agree that it seemed like it was taking Collins forever to make a decision. It wasn't all his fault, I seen I don't know how many dropped balls from the recievers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there aren't problems by any means because there obviously are. Our defensive problems I feel are in large part due to the coaches insistence on continuing to run the Tampa 2 on first and second downs. I broke this down much further in the post I created. However, it seems to me that they're also commenting on things as being bad that were actually good. At one point in the 3rd quarter they kept talking about what a good runner Hillis is and how he always gets 3-4 extra tough yards on each carry. Yet at that point in time we had held him to under 3 yards per carry.

That's all I'm saying though, don't look at the points but look at it from a big picture.

We didn't get dominated on defense, at all. Yes, LACEY gave up 5, count them, 5 3RD DOWNS, by himself. We have a sheet and counted and I'm sure our fellow resident, Coffeedrinker, will verify this in his weekly video breakdown if it comes out this week. Bullit couldn't tackle if the guy played possum. But who else played "bad" on defense? We held Hillis to way under 4 YPC and out-rushed a RUNNING team.

Offense? When your RT can't block a toddler and your QB couldn't hit the ocean with a ball while sitting in the middle of a boat, you're going to fail to put up points. All Kerry will do is "manage". He cannot lead, cannot audible. He needs us to keep running for 120-130 ypg and only have to throw check-downs on 2nd and 3rd downs.

Reggie and Pierre dominated their corners today but were on the bad side of two horrible non-call PI's that could've and should've swung the game.

I agree with all but one thing...I am not going to put fault on Bullitt for not being able to take Hillis down in a 1 on 1 situation. There are probably less than 5 safeties in the entire league who can do that. The late TD run was because we sent a blitz and he was able to bounce out and run away from the blitz where Bullitt was the only one in good position to try to stop him. Bullitt is never going to win that battle but neither would the majority of other safeties in the league.

Looking at the big picture as far as our defense goes....get rid of the Tampa 2 on 1st and 2nd downs and you take away 8 passes for 8 completions and 68 yards and who knows how many first downs. Then get Lacey out of the starting lineup and our defense looks a whole lot better. Also, Angerer needs to stay in as starting MLB.

The "experts" have waited for this for years. That's why I don't put too much into what they have to say.

What no one else is talking about is how this could really work out for us next year. If Manning comes back healthy and we play a last place schedule and have a really high draft pick to help address some real needs we will be right back in the mix of things for a Super Bowl.

The "experts" have waited for this for years. That's why I don't put too much into what they have to say.

What no one else is talking about is how this could really work out for us next year. If Manning comes back healthy and we play a last place schedule and have a really high draft pick to help address some real needs we will be right back in the mix of things for a Super Bowl.

Absolutely. Even with late round picks we'd be able to pick up some good players because I fully believe this will be a very strong draft class. However give us high draft picks on top of that and we could shore up the most glaring problems with some very talented players.

CB and NT are 2 areas we need to address first and, imo. And when I say NT it's not because of poor play from Johnson because I thought he played a very solid game for the most part. He got good penetration several times and would have had a sack if he were a step quicker but he couldn't quite get that last step to get to McCoy before McCoy took off. We do however need depth at NT and if someone can come in and play even better than Johnson and move Johnson to #2 then our position improves greatly.