Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Petition To Get Rid Of Jacob Lacey

Andy

Yeah...I'll sign that one. If you cut down on the number of times they play the tampa 2 and replace Lacey then our defense looks a lot better. I love that they held Hillis to 37 yards in the first half and I'm pretty sure he's still right around 3 ypc.

1. Andy246

2. Jason

I won't sign a petition to get rid of Lacey. He is just following his marching orders. Now if you have one to get rid of the coach who consistently schemes to have him play 10 yards off his man or who put him on the outside in the first place, then I might sign that.

You're right about it being the coaches fault for having him line up so far back. However, if you closely watched the plays today where they tried to run man coverage Lacey was getting beat consistently. So yeah..he needs to be demoted. I have no problem trying Tryon, Rucker or Thomas in his place.

You're right about it being the coaches fault for having him line up so far back. However, if you closely watched the plays today where they tried to run man coverage Lacey was getting beat consistently. So yeah..he needs to be demoted. I have no problem trying Tryon, Rucker or Thomas in his place.

Well yeah, I have no problems with possibly demoting him but the thread petition was to get rid of the man. I don't agree with that. He has played okay as a nickle back for us in the past.

Well yeah, I have no problems with possibly demoting him but the thread petition was to get rid of the man. I don't agree with that. He has played okay as a nickle back for us in the past.

Right and I understand...the only part of your post I was replying to was that he's following marching orders and not you saying you wouldn't sign such a petition. The marching orders are definitely a part of the problem but even if you take that out of the equation, he's not a starting caliber CB.

So in response to the OP's petition...if the only options or keep him or get rid of him then I say get rid of him. If demoting him is another option then I'm fine with that. We just need to keep him out of the starting lineup.