Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1st round LB prospect Alec Ogletree charged with DUI

As far as Mantai Teo is concerned.  During the regular college season, I thought he was possibly the best linebacker I have ever seen.  His movement and footwork looked to be miles ahead of anyone.  I thought he was the most under-hyped player ever.  I would have voted him as the Heisman trophy winner. 

That changed after the bowl game.  He was easily the weakest link in the ND defense that day. If his play can drop so dramatically because of the pressure he was under for an off field issue, I would never draft that kid.

As far as Mantai Teo is concerned.  During the regular college season, I thought he was possibly the best linebacker I have ever seen.  His movement and footwork looked to be miles ahead of anyone.  I thought he was the most under-hyped player ever.  I would have voted him as the Heisman trophy winner. 

That changed after the bowl game.  He was easily the weakest link in the ND defense that day. If his play can drop so dramatically because of the pressure he was under for an off field issue, I would never draft that kid.

I dont think it had anything to do with his off the field issue (I personally dont see what the big deal is, so what he was gullible when it came to what he thought was a woman, how many men aren't or have not been at some point and time?) I think it had everything to do with him just being outmatched vs NFL caliber O Line talent in Warmack, Fluker and Jones 

I dont think it had anything to do with his off the field issue (I personally dont see what the big deal is, so what he was gullible when it came to what he thought was a woman, how many men aren't or have not been at some point and time?) I think it had everything to do with him just being outmatched vs NFL caliber O Line talent in Warmack, Fluker and Jones 

Not saying I would want to draft Te'o....but come on....to downgrade him because he had one bad game against Alabama is a little unfair....I will agree he was outmatched by Alabama in this particular game, but it is too small of a sample size....Te'o and the rest of ND had not seen anywhere near that combination of power and speed. They thought they were ready....They were not....but it does not mean Te'o cannot adjust. There is something to be said about a guy that is always in the right spot at the right time....and Te'o is on of those guys....he will be an excellent pro

Then that's an even bigger problem.  As I watched that game, I thought that the ND Defense would have been pretty solid if they didn't have that glaring weakness at linebacker.  He's going to face talent at least that good every week in the NFL.

Te'o was under hyped????

I dislike ND with great zeal.  I can be objective about spotting talent even if that talent is on a team I dislike.

Watch the Bama game....       He benefited greatly from ND's AWESOME DL.    When that DL got dominated and Teo had to "make" plays...     Well...  just watch the game.

Not saying I would want to draft Te'o....but come on....to downgrade him because he had one bad game against Alabama is a little unfair....I will agree he was outmatched by Alabama in this particular game, but it is too small of a sample size....Te'o and the rest of ND had not seen anywhere near that combination of power and speed. They thought they were ready....They were not....but it does not mean Te'o cannot adjust. There is something to be said about a guy that is always in the right spot at the right time....and Te'o is on of those guys....he will be an excellent pro

Im not sure where I said anything about how good of a pro he will be or how I downgraded him. All I did was call it like it is, he got outmatched but an NFL caliber worthy O Line, its not the first time and wont be the last, that sjust how it goes sometimes, it has nothing to do with his ability

Then that's an even bigger problem.  As I watched that game, I thought that the ND Defense would have been pretty solid if they didn't have that glaring weakness at linebacker.  He's going to face talent at least that good every week in the NFL.

He will be a good starting ILB in the league, maybe even great

Im not sure where I said anything about how good of a pro he will be or how I downgraded him. All I did was call it like it is, he got outmatched but an NFL caliber worthy O Line, its not the first time and wont be the last, that sjust how it goes sometimes, it has nothing to do with his ability

My bad...i was kind of speaking in generality....so many people were claiming that Teo's talent was exposed in the Alabama game going up against NFL caliber players. I just don't agree with that. It is one game, the rest of the ND defense was awful as well....and good players adjust. You can't practice for the speed and strength that Alabama had last year....but if Te'o is seeing the same speed and strength every day in the NFL, then I have no doubts he can adjust....