Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Browns Game Day Thread

I am really sick of Pat McAfee making tackles......not that I don't want him to make the tackles, but he shouldn't have to.

Because he's not a NFL calibre coach, that's why.

Or because this is still a team that is struggling on offense and you have to take points when you get them.

Or because this is still a team that is struggling on offense and you have to take points when you get them.

That's not a reason not to try play action on 3rd and 1.

One touchdown will wipe out two good drives by our offense, and two good defensive stops. That's the problem with field goals.

Steve Young used to say: "Every time you settle for field goals, you are that [__] much closer to losing."

That's funny, because he's got more wins in two seasons than almost all of the rest of them. Doesn't say much for "NFL caliber" coaches.

I am really sick of Pat McAfee making tackles......not that I don't want him to make the tackles, but he shouldn't have to.

He should kick it out through the end zone then.

God I hate our special teams coach and players. Our offense has been solid and defense has been making some stops. Here the Browns are threatening because our STs cannot do crap. Id ready fo Pat to just kick it out of bounds every time. He might as well because that is where he usually makes the stop anyways.

You should really stick to soccer.

The reason is because the Browns like to blitz(not run blitz) a lot on third and short, so a play action pass would not be a good call.

God I hate our special teams coach and players. Our offense has been solid and defense has been making some stops. Here the Browns are threatening because our STs cannot do crap. Id ready fo Pat to just kick it out of bounds every time. He mint as well because that is where he usually makes the stop anyways.

He did his job. He kicked it to the back of the end zone. It's not like we play against Cribbs every week. Should every team give up on special teams when Cribbs gets a good return?

You should really stick to soccer.

The reason is because the Browns like to blitz(not run blitz) a lot on third and short, so a play action pass would not be a good call.

This. Play action takes too long to develop and gets eaten by the blitz.

That was annoying.

Now before people blame the defense, consider how it happened: we flushed McCoy out of the pocket, we had good coverage, but it's hard to cover guys for 5-6 seconds. It was just a good play by the young QB and the TE, not necessarily poor play by our defense.

It is def loud in here. Packed too. I was worried there would be empty seats

He did his job. He kicked it to the back of the end zone. It's not like we play against Cribbs every week. Should every team give up on special teams when Cribbs gets a good return?

No Doogan, but you still have to admit the Colts easily have one of the worst special teams in the league. Everyone looks like Cribbs against them.

Anyone else see the ticker at the bottom? Carolina is beating Green Bay 13-0

Really? No I didn't see it. Oh oh . . . I picked the Pack to win.