Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Whoops! Bad, bad Timing...

So,  former Georgia LB Alec Ogletree is in Arizona training for the combine....

And, what does he do?     Gets pulled over for speeding and a bad lane change.   When police get close, they smell alcohol...   he flunks his test and authorities add DUI to his charges....

Did I mention the combine is in about a week?    You think his timing sucks just a little bit?

Oh,  and remember how he missed the first four games of this past season....   that was failing a drug test.   And when you're sat down for 4 games for a drug violation in the SEC,  that typically means it wasn't the first.   More likely, the 2nd or 3rd...  (my speculation)

Million dollar talent.   10 cent head.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8956303/report-alec-ogletree-former-georgia-bulldogs-linebacker-arrested-dui

If he's there in the third, I would still get him.

Why? I mean he is impressive and he is explosive no question and could probably play the Mathis/Hughes role but we dont need that we also already have several good ILB's under contract and I dont see him a good fit in the Freeney pass rush role

Why? I mean he is impressive and he is explosive no question and could probably play the Mathis/Hughes role but we dont need that we also already have several good ILB's under contract and I dont see him a good fit in the Freeney pass rush role

Because he would be huge upgrade over any ILB on the roster.....you don't pass on play makers....unless they are * which Ogletree may be

I have done my share of bad things in my life, but when it came down to my livelihood......making money after college it was time to get serious.

With the Cowboy NTs drinking it up this past year and the death of former Colt Jerry Brown, one would think kids would learn.  I would not draft him unless he has the best interview since Peyton Manning.  Yes I do believe in second chances, but this if this young man's ticket to the NFL.....WOW!  I wish I had that chance.  

if you guys think I am being hard on him....I understand.  As the title says....very poor timing indeed.  :(

I totally get your point; however, you have to go best player available in a situation like that. I still regret not taking vontaze burfict as Mr. Irrelevant last year. Man would that have been a nifty move. Sometimes you gotta gamble on talent.

Not unusual for young people to have a drinking problem.

They will be able to snoop around and find out if he Has been a drinker, I would believe.

If not, Good.

Hard to imagine not being able to stay Super Clean till after the draft. A Dumb kid?

Fallable, aren`t we?

Maybe this will be his hit bottom moment and inspire him to be all he can be.

He wouldn't be an OLB.

He wouldn't be an OLB.

Some people think he might be better outside than inside....

He's under 240 (unless he's put on weight while training for the combine)  and he's better running side to side than taking on huge guards....    very athletic....

This is not the consensus view...   but I believe some scouts think he might be a better fit that way....

He's under 240 (unless he's put on weight while training for the combine) and he's better running side to side than taking on huge guards.... very athletic....

This is not the consensus view... but I believe some scouts think he might be a better fit that way....

In a 4-3, I also think he'd be great outside. In a 3-4? That's just Manny Lawson dying to happen.

He's under 240 (unless he's put on weight while training for the combine)  and he's better running side to side than taking on huge guards....    very athletic....

This is not the consensus view...   but I believe some scouts think he might be a better fit that way....

This struck me as funny given the thread......so I cant resist (my apologies) when I say, "Well he is going heavy on 12 oz carbs so that should help him bulk up......" there its out of my system....

He is still going to get drafted in the 1st round. Probably won't change his draft stock at all

Jeez....I kinda doubt it. This DUI ain't his first infraction....he had a 4-game suspension for a failed drug test last season as well.

I think he'll drop into the 2nd round.