Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Useful Free Agency Listing

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this link yet....and sorry if I'm duplicating another post or thread.

But I spotted this listing of each NFL team and the offensive and defensive schemes they ran last year.

Ordinarily....last year's information might have limited value, but since we figure to be pretty active in free agency it's well worth researching the systems these free agents are coming out of as we formulate our free agent wish lists and try to guess Grigson's moves when free agency opens.

One example is Andy Levitre....who is on a lot of Colts fans wish list....but may not fit the man/power scheme we now run. And there will be other players we may think we like....and indeed are good players....but are not suited for our system. Nothing is etched in stone and there are some players versatile enough to play different systems....but its a good guideline anyway.

Anyway....matching the free agent you have in mind with the system he is coming from might help determine if it's the best player to pursue.

http://nflsfuture.com/2012/03/28/team-by-team-offensivedefensive-schemes/

Good list and find....    thanks for posting....

The only note of caution I'd offer is that the list is nearly one year old.    The date is from late March of 2012.   So, some of the info is outdated....

Still..    as long as you understand that,  the rest of the info is good...

Thanks again...