Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OMG! Denver vs NYG to open 2013 season on Sunday night

If ypu havent had enough of brothers going against other brothers!!!!

Dallas to host Denver on Thanksgiving in 2013

Posted Mon Feb 11th by Jon Heath

According to 'Mile High Sports', the Denver Broncos will likely open the season on Sunday Night Football and play on Thanksgiving this fall.

“Broncos @ Giants – Peyton Manning versus Eli Manning. The huge New York television market. According to sources, it will be a “major upset” if this is not the SNF opener. (…)

“While the plan for opening weekend is still being finalized, one game on the Broncos schedule is all but set in stone. Denver will be playing on Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 28) in Dallas. “It’s a lock,” said a league source.”

So, Denver is expected to open against the Giants and are a lock to play the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. With Manning’s rating history, expect the NFL to schedule many prime-time games for the Broncos in 2013.

i still dont understand why dallas keeps getting all these thanksgiving day games, i know they are popular everwhere but they just have been horrible lately and not exciting to watch, waste of a game IMO

its tradition. its like why the lions are always on tv on thanksgiving

i still dont understand why dallas keeps getting all these thanksgiving day games, i know they are popular everwhere but they just have been horrible lately and not exciting to watch, waste of a game IMO

They always play on Thanksgiving. Same with the Lions, they are the traditional teams.

its time to break that tradition and put some good games on tv

Well they did get burned by Washington last year...and I don't like them at all lol...but I don't see them getting pulled. Some traditions just are never broken.

Well they did get burned by Washington last year...and I don't like them at all lol...but I don't see them getting pulled. Some traditions just are never broken.

or at least have them play the lions every year, that way they can put 2 other good games on tv

How do you know who's good years in advance...

Dallas and Detroit host Thanksgiving games..I've always liked that.

Denver vs. Dallas should be a big winner......

you dont, but they havent been good recently, especially the lion, and IMO they dont deserve the game

you dont, but they havent been good recently, especially the lion, and IMO they dont deserve the game

Detroit and Dallas are good teams to watch....and remember..its not about the teams..

These games are special events in Dallas, Texas and Detroit, Michigan...and the cities DO deserve the game

The NFL isnt going to move them and Dallas/Denver will be a total sellout...

I'm looking forward to it and you are too..

Detroit and Dallas are good teams to watch....and remember..its not about the teams..

These games are special events in Dallas, Texas and Detroit, Michigan...and the cities DO deserve the game

The NFL isnt going to move them and Dallas/Denver will be a total sellout...

I'm looking forward to it and you are too..

i know they will never get rid of them, but no im not really looking forward to it, unless the colts play the lions, i will be alot less than excited

Dont play a player..here..my man..you WILL watch on Thanksgiving Day....

..and if both teams are 9-0, you'll forget all about not being excited...

what are u talking about?

i dont ever watch the full games on thanksgiving anyway, im out and not in front of a tv most of the time

and if both teams are 9-0 lol, nevermind

its time to break that tradition and put some good games on tv

eat sushi on Thanksgiving if you want to break tradition...

Dallas & Detroit will always have those games, think the past few years there has been a third game too, but maybe I was passed out from all the tryptophan....

To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave...

If ypu havent had enough of brothers going against other brothers!!!!

Dallas to host Denver on Thanksgiving in 2013

Posted Mon Feb 11th by Jon Heath

According to 'Mile High Sports', the Denver Broncos will likely open the season on Sunday Night Football and play on Thanksgiving this fall.

“Broncos @ Giants – Peyton Manning versus Eli Manning. The huge New York television market. According to sources, it will be a “major upset” if this is not the SNF opener. (…)

“While the plan for opening weekend is still being finalized, one game on the Broncos schedule is all but set in stone. Denver will be playing on Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 28) in Dallas. “It’s a lock,” said a league source.”

So, Denver is expected to open against the Giants and are a lock to play the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. With Manning’s rating history, expect the NFL to schedule many prime-time games for the Broncos in 2013.

Oh just like they did in 2012, well hooraaay!

Oh just like they did in 2012, well hooraaay!

Broncos fans probably hope they at least spread it out across the season unlike making the schedule top heavy.

Look at the Broncos' road schedule - Texans, Patriots, Giants, Cowboys, Colts, then division opponents. Brutal, if you ask me.

If they have their non-divisional road games spread out, it might help their cause. But if they get the Texans and Patriots on the road back-to-back or something, it is going to be tough.

Broncos fans probably hope they at least spread it out across the season unlike making the schedule top heavy.

Look at the Broncos' road schedule - Texans, Patriots, Giants, Cowboys, Colts, then division opponents. Brutal, if you ask me.

If they have their non-divisional road games spread out, it might help their cause. But if they get the Texans and Patriots on the road back-to-back or something, it is going to be tough.

they're happy not to play Atlanta, Carolina, NOLA and Tampa...

.I'd much rather plays Dallas, Indy and the NYGs

Funny enough, they still have the softest schedule in the league. But I wonder how that'll fare after the Draft/FA and stuff.

Funny enough, they still have the softest schedule in the league. But I wonder how that'll fare after the Draft/FA and stuff.

Eh, of course that's based off last years' records. No telling how good or bad one team will be come next year. 

A lot of people don't know that the Texans had the toughest schedule in the AFC last year, based on opponents winning percentage. 

Eh, of course that's based off last years' records. No telling how good or bad one team will be come next year. 

A lot of people don't know that the Texans had the toughest schedule in the AFC last year, based on opponents winning percentage. 

Exactly. People would have said Texans have a cushy schedule since they started off with a 2-14 Colts and pitiful Titans and Jaguars to begin the year. But the Colts record changed a few things about their strength of schedule, didn't it? So did the Broncos' 13-3 for all those that played them as opposed to the previous year's 8-8 that the entire AFC West division had.

It is not the strength of schedule at the beginning of the year, it is the strength at the end that matters, IMO. But it is also health that is a big factor come playoff time when players return. It is not who you play but when you play them, as coach Dungy used to say.