Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Will The Fans Act Sunday?

oldunclemark

Im a little anxious to see how the fans react Sunday.

In places like Chicago, NY and Philadelphia....the team would be met with boos after last week.

Its just the way those folks are.

'

Colts fans are a different breed..like Packers fans...These are 'OUR boys' More of a college feel.

Will Colts fans turn on Collins if his first pass is intercepted.

Will they boo the 'D' if the Browns' first run goes for 30 yards...

...or is this a must-win game to be played in front of a loud, supportive group.

What's your best guess?

In places like Chicago, NY and Philadelphia....the team would be met with boos after last week.

'

Colts fans are a different breed..like Packers fans...These are 'OUR boys' More of a college feel.

...or is this a must-win game to be played in front of a loud, supportive group.

What's your best guess?

i will be there supporting collins all way, now the defense on the other hand it is way

past time they step it up. i don't believe in booing anyone (except john starks)but if they stink it

up AGAIN i am sure they will here it. remember collins has'nt been here long enough to be booed. he is not in

a position i would want to be in. jmo

'

What's your best guess?

I honestly think this is must win as silly as it sounds, Im not sure how the players on the team react to 0-2. Especially if we loose in the fashion we did last week (I dont believe that will happen but just saying). And Houston is facing Miami so i chalk up the win to Houston in a close game. I wouldnt like to see us down by 2 games in our division. With our schedule i dont think we could catch Houston if we loose to the Browns. We simply cant afford to go 0-2 and im sure the guys especially the vets on the team know this and will put there best foot foward on Sunday.

I am going to the game and if I can find a Collins jersey, I will be wearing a Collins Jersey. We need to let him know that as long as he is a Colt, the fans have his back. No matter what, the Colts are OUR COLTS, Just like our children, we love them no matter what they do; or at least, we don't disgrace them in public.

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!

:coltslogo:

colts fan are not stupid, they understand now that peytons gone , the team needs their support now more than ever, booing isnt gonna do anything for the team...yes they booed painter but he and the coaches deserved it for wasting a possible 18-0 opportunity! collins is a smart guy, he's had a full week to study the browns, im sure he'll pick it up and give us a great game!

I believe the fans will be somewhat patient with the offense unless they just make mental mistake after mental mistake. Posters are correct that Collins has not been here long enough to warrant the boos....yet. If he has a lot of fumbles or bad throws on routine plays, then he may get those boos in time. This defense however should hear it very quickly if they don't come out and react to a team that should not be able to beat us. The browns have played us tough in the past but this defense should be able to hold them as there QB isn't any better than ours and should not be able to just rack up points on our D. I honestly won't be shocked to hear large amounts of boos if this defense lets the team down this week but I will be suprised if it comes from the offensive side of the ball. Our fans are fickle and you never know who will be in the seats from game to game, this isn't a loyal cross section of fans IMHO.

Agreed, booing gets you know where. It's like pessimistic people that talk sometimes on here. Support will help them more than anything. Getting loud when it is 3rd down and the D needs some help to get off the field...I'll echo what others already said and these are "Our Colt's!" "You got to make the most out of what you got." -Jim Caldwell

I think it all depends on how the team plays.

The crowd will be loud (and proud) the 1st qtr as it's the 1st home game. But, if they're down 34-0 at half, I'd expect to hear a lot of booing. I don't expect the team to such in all aspects like last week, so hopefully they don't find themselves anywhere near that position at halftime.

If it's a close game -- even if they lose -- I wouldn't expect much, if any, booing.

You must remember -- a lot of the people at these games aren't used to seeing the team struggle. Many of these fans are "new" to the Colts over the last 10-12 years. This years team and those prior teams, haven't yet shown much in common. How these fans react to a so-so team, will be interesting to watch this season.

Agreed, booing gets you know where. It's like pessimistic people that talk sometimes on here. Support will help them more than anything. Getting loud when it is 3rd down and the D needs some help to get off the field...I'll echo what others already said and these are "Our Colt's!" "You got to make the most out of what you got." -Jim Caldwell

People have the right to get on here and vent. i have seen alot of negative comments on

here that have been spot on. the forum would be useless if it was just a pollyanna site where everyone is

just giddy about poor play and or POOR COACHING. now give me a TIMEOUT!!!!!"18 what who the .... called that"

I will disagree with you on this. I pay $129/game + $7.50/beer so if they, who get paid $300,000+/game, don't perform their job, I have the right to voice my displeasure with them. If the players don't liked to hear boos, hunker down and do your job better and the boos will go away. This isn't college ball, be a professional player as you are being paid as a professional player. Don't do the job and someone will certainly come in a take a stab at doing your job for you, just like in the real world marketplace.

I will disagree with you on this. I pay $129/game + $7.50/beer so if they, who get paid $300,000+/game, don't perform their job, I have the right to voice my displeasure with them. If the players don't liked to hear boos, hunker down and do your job better and the boos will go away. This isn't college ball, be a professional player as you are being paid as a professional player. Don't do the job and someone will certainly come in a take a stab at doing your job for you, just like in the real world marketplace.

J Willi..

I hear you but that just seems like anger> I dont consider the Colts a product.....that is no good if they dont win.

If fans booed the decision to throw the 15th game two years ago..I understand that. They were cheated

But players trying and failing is not a reason to boo...unless you WANT them to try and fail.

Nothing is more demoralizing than to be booed at home...

..and regular people dont get booed, heckled and cursed on the job.

You pay to see college games too...I dont resent the money pros get any more than i resnet the scholarships collee baoys get.

I feel for Collins because he came out of retirement to help our team and his old position coach (caldwell)

he's already banked some good career money.... If he could come back off the farm and lead us to the playoffs it would be one of the

greatest pro football stories ever told.. He knows he could fail but he stuck his neck out.

Bottom line. I'm not going to boo MY team. Ever.

Here is my take on the crowd in general and you aren't going to like it very much. I have been to games in the RCA dome, but not Lucas. I have watched every Colts game for many, many years on television. I don't think the crowd gets into the games enough. too many people sit on their hands instead of screaming their heads off when the other team has the ball. yes, people have a right to do what they want, but your at a football game act like you really want to help your team win.

Go Colts!!

I have to watch them on TV but i will rooting for them no matter what. :coltslogo:

Yup. When I see players dogging it like this or this, that's when I'll start to jeer. But I'm sure these guys will be giving it their all, so I'm gonna be cheerin'!

I would never boo if they are trying and getting beat, but if they are dogging it, I have no trouble booing whoever is not giving it a whole-hearted effort

I think the crowd will be loud and positive. But if they come out and get embarrassed again, then I think fans will boo or just leave. I think just leaving would be show the most displeasure.

Anyway this is a new week, are fans will be supportive, and the Colts should win this one.

J Willi..

I hear you but that just seems like anger> I dont consider the Colts a product.....that is no good if they dont win.

If fans booed the decision to throw the 15th game two years ago..I understand that. They were cheated

But players trying and failing is not a reason to boo...unless you WANT them to try and fail.

You pay to see college games too...I dont resent the money pros get any more than i resnet the scholarships collee baoys get.

I feel for Collins because he came out of retirement to help our team and his old position coach (caldwell)

he's already banked some good career money.... If he could come back off the farm and lead us to the playoffs it would be one of the

greatest pro football stories ever told.. He knows he could fail but he stuck his neck out.

NO, not anger at all. I do consider the Colts a product and my entertainment. If I choose a movie and it is bad, I will not speak highly of the movie either but its not hate. If the players can't handle the reactions of fans, they are not true professionals anyways. If the way we yell at them or cheer them on affects their play, they have all the incentive in the world to play well cause this fanbase has shown them a lot of love in alot of games. So if booing makes them worse, why does cheering not get them to play even better? It doesn't, its emotions from the fans, nothing more, nothing less. Again, I don't believe it is solely the amount of money a person makes for the entertainment, it is simply the satisfaction of the entertainment. I will agree, if by some chance the Collins gets them inot position for a chance at the playoffs or even close, he can hold his head up high. If he doesn't, I will still not put the blame on him, he came in to a hot situation way too late IMO.

'

What's your best guess?

if this is we got on the field ,we got to root for them, its our team.

If they come out and lay another egg in the first half again then fans should boo. We have high expectations and if they're not met then fans have a right to express displeasure. It's just too bad if the players' don't like it..they should play better.

I still expect the crowd to be loud and proud at kickoff though.

If they come out and lay another egg in the first half again then fans should boo. We have high expectations and if they're not met then fans have a right to express displeasure. It's just too bad if the players' don't like it..they should play better.

I still expect the crowd to be loud and proud at kickoff though.

Four of our five offensive linemen are new at starting in their current position. Our defense in most areas (not including Freeney/Mathis/Brackett) is still very young and/or inexperienced playing together. Manning is out for an indefinite amount of time, possibly the year. Taking all of this into consideration, anyone who still has HIGH EXPECTATIONS is either hopelessly optimistic or delusional. I'm not saying to give up, but this is the first year in a long time when can't even expect that we'll make the playoffs.

if you mean in the jet game when we crapped on the football gods, we were booing the decision

to quit! not boo painter.

Yes, they were booing Painter. The fans got so screwed that they deserved to vent, even though it was not Painters fault.

The front office made a very bad decision. Taking a dive in professional sports (and that's what they did) is maybe a felony. They stole from the fans.

Yes, they were booing Painter. The fans got so screwed that they deserved to vent, even though it was not Painters fault.

The front office made a very bad decision. Taking a dive in professional sports (and that's what they did) is maybe a felony. They stole from the fans.

How was it taking a dive? Taking a dive is intentionally losing. They didn't intentionally lose, they just didn't play with full intensity to win because it was a meaningless game (in so far as playoff seeding was concerned) and the only time I ever recall the Colts playing to win in a game where playoff seeding had already been established was a couple of years before against San Diego when Dungy was still HC. Caldwell decided not to try for the perfect season like Dungy did. How much input and influence anyone other than the HC had on the decision is purely speculative unless there are quotes available from Caldwell, Polian etc that specifically state who was involved in making the decision.

'

What's your best guess?

Sigh............ Rookies.

The primary reaction will probably be silence if things don't go well. I would expect a few boos initially, but then the stadium will probably just get dead. That will stink if it happens, but the next game is what concerns me more. It is bad enough sitting in silence at a game, but it is even worse if you are at a game with the visiting fans making all of the noise.

The primary reaction will probably be silence if things don't go well. I would expect a few boos initially, but then the stadium will probably just get dead. That will stink if it happens, but the next game is what concerns me more. It is bad enough sitting in silence at a game, but it is even worse if you are at a game with the visiting fans making all of the noise.

You are right. I expect this crowd to come out amped in the first quarter and if the team decides to play poorly, the noise will turn to boos as they head into halftime. The crowd will cautiously become loud again after halftime and then become quiet and emptied out.

As for who is getting booed, I think you take it into context at the moment. If the coaching is playing it conservative (like last weeks ignorant attempt to kick a FG down by 34 in the 4th Q) then that is the coaching getting the boos. If the players are getting beat at their position all the time and giving up chunks of yards (Lacey) then he is probably getting the boos (although I think he is coached that way and would rather see him get burned over and over trying to play to a man and just not having the talent perhaps). If Garcon goes out and drops catchable balls, then he is getting booed since he seems to be the whipping boy for dropped balls and nobody else ever gets called out on it. All in all, I think the team coaching gets booed way more than the players are being booed IMO.

'

What's your best guess?

No diss, but are you serious? Packer fans pack their stadium if they are 0-16. Before Manning came, the RCA Dome was empty. My family used to make the drive to Indy for games every year. Not everyone went to the game; some of them would hang out at the mall and before Peyton's second year, you could not find people at Circle Center that even knew the score of the game. My mom once walked around looking for someone to give her updates while my dad, brothers, and I were at the game. No one knew... not even the guys in the sports stores. It was pathetic. I'm not knocking all you great Colts fans, but many of the people in Indy have been a dreadful example of "our boys" fans.

How was it taking a dive? Taking a dive is intentionally losing. They didn't intentionally lose, they just didn't play with full intensity to win because it was a meaningless game (in so far as playoff seeding was concerned) and the only time I ever recall the Colts playing to win in a game where playoff seeding had already been established was a couple of years before against San Diego when Dungy was still HC. Caldwell decided not to try for the perfect season like Dungy did. How much input and influence anyone other than the HC had on the decision is purely speculative unless there are quotes available from Caldwell, Polian etc that specifically state who was involved in making the decision.

[/quote

Maybe I should have worded that differently, but that's how I feel. I know that I'm not alone. After all we had the best player in the nfl riding the bench.

We couldn't win w/out Peyton then and we can't win now w/out him. We had an opportunity to make history. Not only the fans, but the players (who wanted to play) and even Caldwell (whom I'm sure had little or no part in the decision) were cheated out of that chance.

The objective of every team is to win the SB. I understand that so I respect your opinion.

Have a good evening. :)

:blueshoe: IndyLady :blueshoe:

Maybe I should have worded that differently, but that's how I feel. I know that I'm not alone. After all we had the best player in the nfl riding the bench.

We couldn't win w/out Peyton then and we can't win now w/out him. We had an opportunity to make history. Not only the fans, but the players (who wanted to play) and even Caldwell (whom I'm sure had little or no part in the decision) were cheated out of that chance.

The objective of every team is to win the SB. I understand that so I respect your opinion.

Have a good evening. :)

:blueshoe: IndyLady :blueshoe:

Ah ok yes that makes much more sense and I agree with you for the most part. Personally I can't say that I feel cheated per se, but I was disappointed that they didn't try for the perfect season. However, I do understand the logic behind it. :)

J Willi..

Speak for yourself, when normal people dont perform at the workplace, they get fired. Every fan has the right to BOO, or cheer as loud as they can, and if they feel they are watching a sub-par performance, they have the right to display there anger.