Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anthony Spencer?

Yep, he would be a great addition. Problem is, I keep hearing he wants to play in Dallas' new 4-3 defense. Dallas is way over the cap though, so I don't know how they are going to be able to sign him to the money he'll be looking for. If we could put a good offer on the table maybe he would consider leaving Dallas. I think I would rather have him over Kruger unless Kruger would be willing to settle for much less money than he's reportedly seeking.

I like him a lot....I have mentioned before. I just now posted....fence on him and Kruger. Kruger younger....Spencer with Boiler roots and Jimmy Raye.....I want one of them....leaning toward Kruger....if the price...is right...

Why choose, just get both 8)~ I would probably lean towards Spencer though.

Why choose, just get both 8)~ I would probably lean towards Spencer though.

Let's all be frank for a moment. We would all be ecstatic to see either Kruger or Spencer in a Colts uniform next season. They both have their pros and cons (obviously more pros than cons), and we would be fortunate to have either. Spencer being a better run stopper and Kruger being a slightly better pass rusher. Go get 'em Grigs! 

Yep, he would be a great addition. Problem is, I keep hearing he wants to play in Dallas' new 4-3 defense. Dallas is way over the cap though, so I don't know how they are going to be able to sign him to the money he'll be looking for. If we could put a good offer on the table maybe he would consider leaving Dallas. I think I would rather have him over Kruger unless Kruger would be willing to settle for much less money than he's reportedly seeking.

Maybe our cap space and the Ft. Wayne / Purdue hometown angle will persuade him....and he's gotta know we're at least as close to the Super Bowl as the Cowpies.

And without the drama.

Maybe our cap space and the Ft. Wayne / Purdue hometown angle will persuade him....and he's gotta know we're at least as close to the Super Bowl as the Cowpies.

And without the drama.

After some evaluation on my part, I think I have came to the conclusion that I would rather pursue Kruger. Kruger is 3 yrs. younger and that is a big plus for him IMO. I was thinking that Spencer was about to turn 28 but he just turned 29 in January. Kruger would probably be a better candidate for a longer contract.

There was a thread in another section about Freeney wanting to retire a Colt. How much that is actually true or how much it's his way of trying to just say the right things to the media, is up in the air. I personally believe he really don't want to play in a 3-4 and would just rather go back to a 4-3 and be a pass rusher.

I also think it would be a monumental mistake for the Colts to bring him back. He's awful in the 3-4 and I don't see that changing if he were to stay. The Colts would be doing a disservice to themselves by resigning him IMO. I hope we don't have to go through what we did last yr.(on a smaller scale) with Manning on this issue.

I know fans get emotionally attached to players and want to see them stick around, but if that player isn't good for the team then I really can't understand why they want to keep them. I have always liked Freeney and even met him several times, but it's time for him to finish his career with a team that better suits his skills.

After some evaluation on my part, I think I have came to the conclusion that I would rather pursue Kruger. Kruger is 3 yrs. younger and that is a big plus for him IMO. I was thinking that Spencer was about to turn 28 but he just turned 29 in January. Kruger would probably be a better candidate for a longer contract.

There was a thread in another section about Freeney wanting to retire a Colt. How much that is actually true or how much it's his way of trying to just say the right things to the media, is up in the air. I personally believe he really don't want to play in a 3-4 and would just rather go back to a 4-3 and be a pass rusher.

I also think it would be a monumental mistake for the Colts to bring him back. He's awful in the 3-4 and I don't see that changing if he were to stay. The Colts would be doing a disservice to themselves by resigning him IMO. I hope we don't have to go through what we did last yr.(on a smaller scale) with Manning on this issue.

I know fans get emotionally attached to players and want to see them stick around, but if that player isn't good for the team then I really can't understand why they want to keep them. I have always liked Freeney and even met him several times, but it's time for him to finish his career with a team that better suits his skills.

Good points....we all love Freeney but I just don't see any rationale for keeping him, he's clearly not a scheme fit any more. That fat pile of money he got paid last season was part of his deal, fair and square, but no more "legacy contracts" please.

The younger Paul Kruger would be a nice upgrade at OLB too....and he has the Pagano connection so I'd be fine with that. If we do grab him I hope the price isn't too crazy.

But either way we go between Spencer, Kruger or someone else...OLB is critical along with OG and SS.

And IMO....we should sign one OLB in free agency and look for value at OLB on draft day too, because its time for Jerry Hughes to % or get off the pot.

Will take either and be happy :applause:

What keeps Teams on top over time is depth. Drafting players a year or two ahead of time so they can move into the rotation after some time to get their minds and bodies NFL ready.

Irsay blew some money on an older Mathis, and he may choose to blow some more, but generally I expect Grigson to spend the money on what is neccessary this offseason and next year too.

They need to see what they get in the next two drafts and evaluate them over a season. By then they will have a number of our own FA`s to commit some Bigger $$$ to.

We are a LONG WAY from having Solid Starters let alone drafting for their future replacements.

I keep reading that too, but if Spencer is the typical free agent, he'll sign where the $$$ speak the loudest.

I like him a lot....I have mentioned before.  I just now posted....fence on him and Kruger.  Kruger younger....Spencer with Boiler roots and Jimmy Raye.....I want one of them....leaning toward Kruger....if the price...is right...

The price isn't going to be right for either of them....the Colts NEED value....However, with that said, we need to make an uncharacteristic splash in free agency, but just because we have the money doesn't mean we HAVE TO spend it all....but i will trust Grigson 100%

The price isn't going to be right for either of them....the Colts NEED value....However, with that said, we need to make an uncharacteristic splash in free agency, but just because we have the money doesn't mean we HAVE TO spend it all....but i will trust Grigson 100%

Gonna be fun to see what happens!!!

Value and PRODUCTION!!!!  The 3-4 needs to come together NOW :)