Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Current Colts Roster List with Salaries.

Fx Stryker

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Details on RJF: http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/16639-details-on-rjfs-contract-finally/

Cap hit is $4.625m in 2013.

If we released him prior to the due date of his roster bonus (not sure when that is, it could be past already), his dead cap hit would be $3.5m. We could split that as a post June 1 release, and take a $1.625m dead hit in 2013, then a $1.875m dead hit in 2014. This is highly unlikely to happen.

If we released him prior to start of the season, but after the due date of his roster bonus, his dead cap hit would be $6.5m. Or we could split that as a post June 1 release, and take a $4.625m dead hit in 2013, then a $1.875m dead hit in 2014.

To release him prior to 2014 would be a $1.875m dead hit in 2014. Or a post June 1 release would be $.625m in 2014, and $1.25m in 2015.

Edited to reflect changes from new information.

Edited by Superman

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9101970/nfl-free-agency-teams-being-strategic-big-contracts

According to this, the Colts have signed 9 free agents for a total commitment of $131m. Compare that to the Dolphins, who have signed 5 free agents for a total commitment of $135m. That's a $14m average vs. a $27m average.

The Colts might have overpaid for a couple of guys, but overall, they were pretty prudent.

Luck/Hasselbeck

Haivili

Ballard/Brown/Carter

Wayne/Hilton/DHB/Brazil

Allen/Fleener

Costanzo/Link

Thomas/Ijalana

Satale/Shipley

McGlynn/Reitz

Cherilus

Redding/RJF/Moala/Matthews/Nevis

McKinney/Franklin/Chapman/Tev

Walden/Sidberry

Freeman/Angerer/Connor

Mathis/Hughes

Davis/Toler/Butler/Vaughn

Bethea/Lefeged

Landry

AV

McAfee

Overton

To me, this is our depth chart & probably the most likely guys to make the team. Feel like its pretty obvious we need a CB & S (what round is debatable). Colts have put themselves in a BPA position. OG,NT & WR might need an upgrade too.

• 3 weeks later...

Chappell now says Franklin's deal is one year, $940k.

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/status/316209902039228417

Spotrac and Rotoworld have Aubrayo Franklin at one year, $1.105m. Signing bonus of $165k. If he doesn't make the final roster, dead cap hit of $165k. If he's on the roster for the start of Week 1, his entire base salary of $940k becomes fully guaranteed.

Active cap figure leaves us with $9.9m, pending the draft and any other signings.

EDIT: All charts have been updated on 3/18/2013 at 8:25 pm. They should now reflect current roster, and recent free agency signings.

EDIT: See post #46 for a list showing what the dead cap hit would be to release any player we have under contract in 2013.

Here is our current roster with their 2013 salary cap hit and our free agents heading into the off-season. I grouped everyone by their position then put them in order of their cap hit for the upcoming season.

Current Roster

currentroster.png

Dead Money

DeadMoney_zps97983744.png

Our 2013 Free Agents

FreeAgents_zps8d24b136.png

Our Current active roster accounts for $114,265,047.00

The top 51 contracts account for $106,229,547.00

The Dead Cap accounts for $5,657,004.00

The League Cap room is set at $123,000,00

We have a carry over from the 2012 season of $3,500,000

Our current cap figure is at $108,386,551 and cap space stands at $14,613,449.00

Our current roster count.

QB - 2

RB - 5

FB - 1

WR - 7

TE - 4

T - 5

G - 6

C - 2

DE - 5

DT - 3

NT- 3

ILB: - 5

OLB: - 6

LB: - 3

CB - 7

S - 6

K - 1

P - 1

LS - 1

Discuss our free agents/each position/our needs/possible draftees/etc. Post whatever you want. It's all relevant.

Hope I made this as convenient as possible. :thmup:

*Disclaimer: There may be some mix-ups or mistakes. If you spot one please feel free to PM.

It looks as though Mathis better have a great year he's taking up 10m in cap space. Twice as much as even Luck is. So by far the most on the team. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to take a crack at the final 53:

Best Case Scenario, IMO (locks in bold)

1 QB Luck

2 QB Hasselbeck

3 RB Ballard

4 RB Brown

5 RB Carter

6 RB/KR Williams

7 TE Allen

8 TE Fleener

9 TE Cunningham

10 FB Havili

11 WR Wayne

12 WR Hilton

13 WR DHB

14 WR Brazill

15 WR Kelley

16 OT Castonzo

17 OT Cherilus

18 OT Cleary

19 OG Thomas

20 OG Thornton

21 OG Ijalana

22 OG Reitz

23 OC Holmes

24 OC Satele

25 K Vinatieri

26 P McAfee

27 LS Overton

28 DE Redding

29 DE Jean-Francois

30 DE Hughes

31 DE Moala

32 DE Nevis

33 NT Chapman

34 NT Franklin

35 NT McKinney

36 OLB Mathis

37 OLB Werner

38 OLB Walden

39 OLB Sidbury

40 OLB McNary

41 ILB Freeman

42 ILB Conner

43 ILB Angerer

44 ILB Sheppard

45 FS Bethea

46 FS Boyett

47 SS Landry

48 SS Lefeged

49 CB Davis

50 CB Toler

51 CB Butler

52 CB Gordy

53 CB Price

I consider this the best case scenario because it would mean that some of our rookies beat out some vets that may not have played as well as we would like..

I think that the 5th WR spot is really wide open, but I would be thrilled if the huge guy turned out to have skills as well...

Carter might not make it at RB and another FB or TE might be added...

I think that Link will probably be on the roster because of his experience and versatility (probably taking Cleary's roster spot)...

Hickman might make the roster and McNary might not, but I think that we will probably keep 5 OLBs.

Maybe we only keep 2 true NTs and allow Hughes and Jean-Francois to act as emergency backups... 

Vaughn will probably be on the roster at CB, he practices and tackles well, but he has awful vision when the ball is in the air... I hope he doesn't make it on the field very often if he does make it into the final 53.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, May 16, 2013 - off topic bickering
Hidden by Superman, May 16, 2013 - off topic bickering

Wow.. well I can guarantee the DB position is going to be upgraded because the "signed" list outside of Vontae is TERRIBLE..

I am glad you think your knowledge is better than Grigson.  Irsay  might as well fire him and hire you. 

I am glad you think your knowledge is better than Grigson. Irsay might as well fire him and hire you.

Wow... thanks for bringing this back up and reminding me about the acquisition of GREG TOLER... Major UPGRADE over Cassius Vaughn.

I am glad you think your knowledge is better than Grigson. Irsay might as well fire him and hire you.

Just to add, in which it looks HIGHLY likely you missed, my post was 3 months ago and at the time of that post the Colts only had 3 DB's under contract; Vontae, Teddy Williams, and I believe Marshay Green. So, YES upgrades were needed and YES they were had.

Next time READ before making condescending remarks.

Just to add, in which it looks HIGHLY likely you missed, my post was 3 months ago and at the time of that post the Colts only had 3 DB's under contract; Vontae, Teddy Williams, and I believe Marshay Green. So, YES upgrades were needed and YES they were had.

Next time READ before making condescending remarks.

Just about all the comments you make are condescending and negative. Go back and READ your own comments before adding any comment made to me. 

Just about all the comments you make are condescending and negative. Go back and READ your own comments before adding any comment made to me.

Expect to continuously get it back as well, especially if I AM misinterpreted and you're negative about it. Don't complain if you have no problems dishing it out, because I have no problems throwing it back.

Did we sign Werner yet? I am just waiting on him.

Not yet, as far as I know.

It ought to be four years, around $8m, about $4m signing bonus. No idea what the salary structure will be, or how much will be guaranteed. But that will be the broad framework. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have everything up to date within the best of my knowledge. Even the Bradshaw signing. I seen on NFL.com that every franchise tag has been settled, except Denver's Clady, and someone else. I have no info on Pat's deal. Nor do I have info on Werner.

I just have to upload the pictures, and fix the OP.