Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best Player Available

It was possible to see that in last year's draft, we could see that Grigson drafted the BPA ( as he drafted 2 WRs, 2 TEs and even 2 QBs) so I've put together a draft board of BPAs in which the highest player not taken at the point in the draft should be taken.

Chance Warmack

Matt Elam

Lane Johnson

Jesse Williams

Johnathan Cooper

Sylvester Williams

Larry Warford 

Barrett Jones

Alex Okafor

Quinton Patton

Alvin Bailey

John Cyprien

Joseph Randle

Marquiss Wilson

Kyle Long

Le'veon Bell

Oday Aboushi

Quanterius Smith

Knile Davis

Kwame Geathers

Corey Grissom

Joe Kruger

Chase Thomas

Tyrann Mathieu

Cobi Hamilton

Shamarko Thomas

Rodney Smith

Adrian Bushell

Dave Kruger

Marcus Lattimore

Ray Graham

Alex Hurst

Robert Lester

TJ Mcdonald

Omar Hunter

Rex Birkhead

Montori Hughes

Bacarri Rambo

Some ratings were due to their ratings on NFL.com where they seemed lower than expected ( eg Bell, Hamilton), tell me what you think of this order and tell me if you want me to add anyone to the list.

Figure Warmack is close to Zero% chance.

Lane Johnson may be close. I think he would be the right guy for us. I`d get EXCITED about that.

If we come out of the draft with Elam, or Cooper I will be smiling. They should be Excellent players.

Trufant is too small for my likes regarding press coverage and run support, but he sure looks like a player who can cover.

Post combine & Pro Days will add a lot of meaning to the long list.

I could see our 3rd rd pick causing a Big Stir here.

I hope we go after leon sandcastle!

OH darn it!how could I have forgotton about him, I mean someone with a 4.2 40 shouldn't be forgotten, my only concern is that he is a bit of an ugly version of Deon Sanders but I think we could look past that. In this list I would put him above Warmack :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• That has always been my issue going back to the Polian years. They preferred undersized players to fit this scheme. That was great when they had a lead and played indoors. The problem  is that teams started running the ball to keep Peyton on the bench. Plus, u get in bad weather and on grass, their speed is negated and they are just a bunch of undersized players getting blown off the ball. I am in favor of building a team that can play in any environment and that can run various schemes. I see flexibility with the offence, however the D is the same old. That's why I think this is an important draft defensively. Will the Colts stray from their previous tendancies of drafting players that fit the Seattle scheme or will they deviate and say draft a man corner? Last year we were all on the edge of our seats when a trade was made at 3. Will we get our qb at 4? We were all on pins and needles till they made that pick. This draft has that same excitement for me. At 15 will Ballard and company do something different? This team needs a play maker on D and I contend that is their biggest need. I don't believe they get that player moving back.  Sure u may get him at 15 but if u really want a playmaker, this just might be the year to say move up and get a guy like Mirchell and Latu who may fall because of the medical. I am not in favor of getting a wr or te. Richardson, if he is the guy, should deliver explosive plays with our current roster.  Jot a fan of Gus and this scheme, but I really don't think he has a lot to work with and Ballard kind of eluded to that in his post season pressers.
    • The move happened before the 1984 season. To put in perspective how great Luck was here, here are the top 3 QBs over 40 seasons here win wise: Regular Season as a starter 1. Peyton Manning = 141 wins 2. Andrew Luck = 53 wins 3. Jim Harbaugh = 20 wins   Post Season as a starter 1. Peyton Manning = 9 wins (won the SB in 2006) 2. Andrew Luck = 4 wins 3. Jim Harbaugh = 2 wins   Luck had 33 more wins than Jim did and 2 more playoff wins than Jim did. Luck is so far ahead of any QB (not named Peyton) regarding wins in the Regular Season and Post Season that it is laughable.   
    • I wonder whether there's anything to his reporting. Either way, I think he'd be better at safety / nickel. Even if the Colts view him as a boundary corner, I think they view corner as a Day 2 position.    DeJean definitely helped himself on his testing. I don't think the 40 time was concerning, even if I wasn't blown away by it. His explosive numbers were very good; if you watch his high school basketball clips, you'll see his explosiveness. And like stitches said, the Colts love explosive DBs, maybe even more than they love fast DBs.    And yeah, I side-eye any timed speeds when they don't happen at the Combine. There's hand timing, some surfaces are different, I've read that some tracks have a slight grade to them, etc. I don't know how they prepare all the 40 tracks, but I know that everyone that runs at the Combine gets the same surface, same conditions, etc. 
  • Members